Really late writing this review but felt like i had to!
Stayed here in November 2009 for 12 nights & Nov/ December 2010 for 18 nights with my wife, both times had Palm room 507.
Lovely resort, really well maintained with people cleaning, sweeping, scrubbing all day long. loads of places to chill & relax, the infinity pool is amazing with out of this world views, spent many days there just admiring.
Lobby area is another nice place to just chill, also the bar by the pool was peaceful & shaded!
Palm room was very nice, minimalistic decor but very modern.
Huge bed which was very comfy indeed, we also had a private balcony with great views- remember that not all palm rooms have private balcony's only the corner ones or the second to last ones.
Rooms cleaned twice a day, in the mornings & a turn down in the evenings, 2 bottles of water is left everyday, you can have as many towels as you like, they leave loads in the room.
The best part of the room has to be the bathroom- huge & amazing! 2 showers- indoor & outdoor rain shower, a huge tub, loads of mirrors & storage space- very modern feel to things.
Without any doubt, New star has the nicest part of Chaweng noi beach, cleaned every single day & loads of sun loungers & towels.
You can have really nice long walks as the whole stretch of beach is rather big, not really that busy compared to Chaweng although you will come across vendors selling all sorts, most were really friendly & continent as half the time we didnt wanna move! The vendors selling food, fruits, ice cream & henna tattoos were all very cool people- beware of the guys selling watches (& weed!), you will have to bargain real hard as they all think that staying at the New star means you have cash to splash!
At the moment, there are not too many hotels on this stretch of beach- the reason why its still peaceful, but move fast to enjoy this- resorts are opening up all along, a problem in the whole of Samui.
The Austrian manager is a top guy- sent us flowers, a cake & a bottle of wine on our second stay- remembered us from the fist.
Most staff members were very nice & helpful- always smiling!
Having said that, on our last stay we did notice a lot of new staff member getting trained up, wasn't really an issue but service was a little slow at times.
Big shout out to Mike, M, Pop, Arm & Chuleeporn from reservations- you guys rock!
Perfect location, far away enough from Chawng but still only 5 minutes bike ride away.
Loads of restaurants, bars, massage parlours, 7 11's & markets on your doorstep.
Overall, i would highly recommend the new star- we found every aspect of the place to a very high standard, really look forward to returning sometime in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Star Beach Resort situated on Chaweng Noi Beach is the most beautiful, white-sandy beach on Samui Island. 10 minutes away from the center of Town by walk or 5 minutes by car. Full of privacy and away from the big crowd Your visit to Koh Samui is not completed unless you have visited New Star Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your New Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Star Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel New Star Beach
- New Star Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand