Stayed at the New Star from 11 to 23 December and totally loved it! I would defintely recommend Ocean Pool villas, they are simply gorgeous with outdoor shower, private pool and nicely set room with two areas (comes in handy, if you travel with kids and want them sleep nearby, but still have some privacy for tired parents).
Breakfasts are nice, they have all usual stuff we normally have for breakfasts at home, like eggs, sausages, cold cuts, cereals, some Thai dishes, cheese, hamon, fruits, etc., so I don't really understand what some reviewers are complaining about. We had lunches at the resort and though prices are somewhat higher, the quality of the food is really good. An excellent bonus that we always took advantage is their "kids eat free" policy, where every dining parent can have a free meal from kids menu. Happy hours are super-nice, but too bad they do not extend this to soft drinks and juices for kids :) :) :) We had only a couple of dinners at the resort, as we spent evenings in Chaweng beach, but I can definitely recommend they Saturday BBQs - awesome!
Hotel staff are extremely nice and helpful, always greet you with a nice smile and do anything and everything to make your stay their as enjoyable as possible.
Beach is indeed one of the best in Samui, cleaned regularly, with plenty of comfy sunbeds, even when the hotel was fully booked. Pool is very well designed and maintained.
The hotel is located somewhat far from the busy Chaweng road, but it is only 5 min drive or 20 minutes walk, so not a big deal at all. There is a laundry to the right of the hotel (when exiting) and while I would not give my nice dresses and blouses there, t-shirts, shorts, jeans, etc., all went there, as it costs only $2/kg to wash and iron. A bit further towards the Chaweng road and on the other side of the road, there is a local restaurant Baden, nothing fancy, but the food is great at half of the hotel restaurant price. They also have German/European dishes, which again came in handy for kids, I loved their smoothies and my husband appreciated plum and cherry brandy.
All in all - big time recommend, look no further and book the New Star, you will not regret it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Star Beach Resort situated on Chaweng Noi Beach is the most beautiful, white-sandy beach on Samui Island. 10 minutes away from the center of Town by walk or 5 minutes by car. Full of privacy and away from the big crowd Your visit to Koh Samui is not completed unless you have visited New Star Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Star Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel New Star Beach
- New Star Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand