We stayed here in December 2012 for our honeymoon.
The room was nicely decorated with rose petals and we received complimentary champagne and cake.
Our room was a Palm deluxe balcony room, wish was vert spacious and modern.
The pool was great, although no where near enough sun beds and the beach location was nice even though the waves were bigger than expected.
The shuttle to Chaewang was handy but would be nice to be complimentary. We read on a lot of previous distance the section in Chawang was walking distance but we believe it is too far to walk.
Pros - room made nice for our honeymoon, champagne and chocolate cake provided, nice pool, plenty of beds by beach, good breakfast, staff were very friendly, comfortable bed , free wifi in the room
Cons - many Mosquitos in the room, shuttle should be complimentary, needs more beds by the pool, walls are very thin in palm room and we could hear upstairs and next door, food in the resort overpriced.
Tip - go to the restaurant right next to the entrance of the hotel on the main road. Really good and cheap food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New star beach resort at Chaweng Noi Beach is the most largest white-sandy beach on samui Island, 10 minutes away from Town by walk or 5 minutes by car. Full of privacy and away from the big crowd Your visit to Koh Samui is not completed unless you have visited New Star Beach resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Star Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel New Star Beach
- New Star Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand