My husband and I stayed here for the first 6 nights of our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a villa and our room was beautifully decorated with flower petals. We also received a honeymoon cake and bottle of sparkling on our first night. The airport transfer was also great and very reasobably priced.
The location of this resort is amazing. This was my second visit to koh samui but first time at new star. We were close enough to the action of chaweng but on a much more beautiful and serene section of beach. When we felt like being more amongst the action we simply caught a red truck into chaweng or walked in.
The gardens of the resort are also really lovely. The pool is also really nice. We looked around a lot of resorts in the area and the beach and pool of newstar are definitely one of the best!
Our room was huge, clean and comfortable. The furnishings were really lovely. There wasn't much lighting though and the tv channels were very limited. The shower was massive but not great water pressure. We also tried ordering room service on a few occasions and could not get through so gave up and went out for dinner. Honestly though these things weren't really an issue for us as we were enjoying our stay so much. We did notice some poolside and beachside cottages and they looked really nice as well.
Breakfast was included and was a buffet. The food was quite nice. Not the best Buffet I've had but we certainly didn't go hungry. We ate by the pool on several occasions for lunch and dinner and the food we ordered was delicious and very reasonably priced. For a special dinner we walked to Dr Frogs on the cliff at the southern end of chaweng noi beach. The view and food was really great and worth the extra cost.
The staff at newstar were also so helpful and always very friendly. My husband loved the saluting security guards at the front gate and Pu our driver from the airport. We were both so impressed with the Thai hospitality we experienced.
We can't wait to visit koh samui and newstar resort again it was definitely a highlight of our trip and a wonderful way to start married life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Star Beach Resort situated on Chaweng Noi Beach is the most beautiful, white-sandy beach on Samui Island. 10 minutes away from the center of Town by walk or 5 minutes by car. Full of privacy and away from the big crowd Your visit to Koh Samui is not completed unless you have visited New Star Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Star Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Star Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel New Star Beach
- New Star Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand