“amazing”

Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed February 21, 2011

stayed here over xmas and after a bad journey we were delighted to see the hotel i could only descibe as amazing. very nice grounds pool and rooms probabluy the nicestest hotel ive been in, very friendly staff. restaurants in the hotel were very nice but very expensive( also dont use mini bar use shop across the road) as it was xmas they made a nice effort with dinners and evening parties, which we were told by one threesome that the night cost them close 400gbp for 3x 3course dinner and wine but we never went
located slightly outside chaeng which was good as you could go into town then come back to a lovely hotel would recomend to anyone

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Dear TanujMore,

thank you very much for your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider us as one of the nicest hotels you've ever been to.

Even though you haven't joined any of the theme dinners it is still great that you acknowledge the efforts we have been putting into making them special and exciting for our guests.

We thank you for having chosen us and are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

This hotel is amazing and was everything we had hoped for. From the minute we arrived till the minute we left the staff couldn't do enough for us. The hotel suite took our breath away, it was amazing! We had the private pool suite and it was gorgeous!! The sky hug restaurant is fab as is the pool area and hotel entrance. I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel, it was wonderful!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bunny2002
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear Bunny2002,

not very much left to say than a heartfelt "Thank You" from all of us at Anantara Lawana for your very positive and encouraging feedback.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

Where to begin. My friend and I arrived in Samui a little later then normal and were warmly greeted by the resort rep at the airport. They gave us a cold bottle of water and escorted us to the pick up point where we had arranged the Mercedes to pick us up. If you are thinking about getting a car to pick you up I would suggest the van for a few baht less as it is only about a 10 min ride to the resort. Although the ride was quite luxurious with bottled water and refreshing towels waiting for us in the car.

We arrived at the resort and were welcomed by a nice flower necklace, a cool mint refreshing towel (which was perfect), and a cool ginger tea (which was so tasty). The check in was hassle free and we did not have to get up off of the seats we were in to complete the check in. We then were driven to our room in a golf cart (even though it was a 2 min walk from the reception) and our bags were right behind us.

We opted for the Deluxe Plung Pool and it was everything I would hoped it would be. VERY clean and very well appointed. The pool was a little cold but I cannot put the blame on anyone for that. The grounds of the hotel were stunning. We were always greeted with a warm smile and a "sawatdee kaab" from all the resort staff.

The breakfast at the resort was really good. All the staff in the resturant were more then egar to fill any of our requests and did so promptly and without and hassle at all.

I set up a Dinner by Design before we arrived for my friend's birthday and met with the food and beverage manager there the first morning. I had some special requests for the dinner such as a birthday cake in the room with a nice flower/towel arrangement for after dinner. The food and beverage manager (his name for the life of me I cannot remember and I am sorry) was more then accomidating. He and his staff filled every request with perfection. The dinner was top notch and the service was above and beyond, if you are planning a romantic dinner then I HIGHLY suggest the Dinner by Design!! When we got done with dinner one of the wait staff that was attending to us quickly ran up to our room (which was at the top of the resort and the dinner was all the way at the bottom on the beach) and lit the candles on the cake so that when we walked in a perfect set up was there.

The pool staff and bar staff there were more then great! We only ordered drinks from the bar two out of the five days we were there but they remembered what we were drinking and the service was incredible being that they would bring you your drink where ever you were on the beach or pool.

The pool itself was very clean and so were the grounds around it. There were some loose wooden slats on the decks but I can expect that being that it is right on the beach and the harsh conditions it has to endure during the rainy season. That is me really trying to find something wrong with this place but it was really hard to when talking about the overall ora of the resort.

The library at the resort was amazing. The best part about it was the great selection of books, DVDs, and CDs you could take to your room if you wanted. The coffee machine in there was a great asset to me as that is where I was every morning to enjoy a great esspresso or two.

The resort itself is situated far enough away from Chaweng Beach that you did not get any of the noise but not far enough to walk down there via the beach or the main road, both are very nice walks. It was even around the bend from the view of Chaweng Beach so that you would not have to hear too much of the fireworks or music coming from there.

All in all I would say this is one of the best resorts I have stayed at and it truely is five star quality!!! I would highly suggest this to anyone and when I return to Samui I will be staying there again.

Thanks to all the staff once again and I can't wait to come back!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMittias

Dear MMittias,

your review is highly appreciated and your positive feedback very encouraging for my team and myself.

I'm glad to hear that the efforts we put into each single "Dining by Design" is paying off and has provided you with a memorable experience. The name of our Food & Beverage Manager by the way is Khun San and I will pass your feedback to him and his team.

In additon I am happy to inform you that we will be replacing the entire pool decking in order to address the conditions you mentioned. I am confident that you will be excited to see the new pool area when you return.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and my team and I are looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed for around 10 nights at the hotel in a Pool Villa room and have pretty much only positive things to say. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the hote is romantic, staff are warm and exceptionally helpful, the room was big, king size bed was comfortable, the day-spa toiletries and outdoor shower/toilet were great, breakfast was good to great depending upon your taste/fussiness (fresh coconut, watermelon, orange or melon juices were excellent), the high emphasis placed on bug control ensured there were no mosquitoes and the private beach and infinity pool were clean and well maintained.
The negatives (if you could call them that) were few in number and small compared to the positives. The hotel is a 5 min tuk-tuk ride/15-20 min walk from the centre of Chaweng Beach, there were nowhere near enough lounges poolside (due partly to space constraints) and just enough on the beach (though staff happily sought out additional deck chairs to place on the beach for guests).

1  Thank fashion_victim_no_1

Dear fashion_victim_no_1,

thank you very much for your very positive review and feedback, which will be shared with my team.

I am especially delighted to hear that you enjoyed the juices at breakfast that much because we had just recently changed and upgraded them. It is always very encouraging to hear that customer see and appreciate the improvements we are making.

As mentioned in previous responses, as you have been staying during a very peak period we experienced some challenges with the immediate availability of sunbeds, but this has been addressed and rectified already and I can assure you that during the remaining 51 weeks of the year a similar situation should not re-occure.

Once again, your feedback is highly appreciated and me and my team are looking forward welcoming you back to Samui in the hopefully not too distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 5, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for our honeymoon and quite frankly the experience was a lot better than what we had expected. Right from we received a warm welcome at the hotel until our departure, the trip was very good. Rooms were clean, service was prompt, food was good as well. The place is quiet and a little outside the main market which makes it a great honeymoon spot. We were however disappointed with one particular experience. We found an insect in one of our breakfasts and informed the person in-charge. We were told that they would inform the head chef about the same. We were surprised that no one cared to follow up on the same later. We asked for a feedback form at the time of departure and were told that an email would be sent to collect feedback. Till date, we haven't received anything on it. May be the email address they have is incorrect, but I would have appreciated real-time feedback as supposed to a delayed response on mail. But overall, I loved this place and wouldn't think twice before going there and would recommend the place!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2011

Dear TanujMore,

Congratulations and the best wishes for your recent wedding once again from all of us.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much that you will recommend us without hesitation.

I also appreciate that you brought the lack of follow up to my attention, for which I sincerely would like to apologize. Usually we would have certainly got back to you right away and prefer ourself to handle feedback immediately. I will use your feedback to remind my team about the importance of a proper handling and better follow up communication.

With best regards and wishes for your future

Reviewed February 1, 2011

This hotel is gorgeous, I loved staying here. It's looks great, has great facilities, everyone was very polite. The room was really nice, the area is great, there's a beach near the pool that is great to be around but not great to swim in because of the rocks.

The bathroom was outdoors and it could get muggy there if you go during very hot weather, but during the time I went, mid July, it was still pleasant and comfortable. We didn't have any complaints.

The hotel was near the main shopping market and on the main road. it's a short walk to other places for shopping, groceries, restaurants, and other hotels. Also the rickshaws pass the main road every 10-15 mins so it's easy to travel to other areas.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Dear spawn57,

even though your stay is already quite a while ago (6 month) we are happy to see that you have taken the time sharing your feedback.

Remembering July last year I agree very much that this was a very hot month and it could become very humid. During this period the water level in front of the hotel was as well at a very low level, which made extensive swimming rather difficult. Looking at our current water levels I can assure you that a very comfortable swimming is possible.

My team and I would be glad welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

I can just recommend this beautiful resort to everyone! The whole Resort is created with so much love in every detail!
The staff is fantastic, very friendly, helpfull and caring. And the general Manager is doing a fantasic job!!
The luxury Bungalow, where i stayed was making me feel like a princess! I never sleepd that good!!! :-)
Its very close to the shops and bars. But I prefered the romantic athmusphare down the beach in the resort. lovely pool, bar, restaurant and fantastic food!
I can also recommend the Thai.cooking class wich is offered by the resort in the open air kitchen at the beach!
just fantastic!!! Well done ANANTARA!!
lots of love from Marbella, Ralla.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Ralla,

thank you very much for your positive feedback and your encouraging words.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great time getting hands on with our Chef Coco during the Thai Cooking Class. I know that he's taking personal pride in bringing Thai cooking closer to visitors from other countries, so hearing that you enjoyed it so much will mean a lot to him.

My team and I would be certainly be glad seeing you coming again to Koh Samui, should you feel like a change from Marbella.

All the best and with kind regards

Lars Kerfin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort? Share your experiences!