The hotel is close to the action in Chaweng but removed enough to have a peaceful retreat. The grounds are beautiful and follow the hill down toward the pool and beach area. The infinity pool is gorgeous and overlooks a picturesque part of the coastline. If you are a pool person, the resort is perfect, but if you are more of a beach bum like me, the sand is rocky and coarse and it's not a great place to go swimming. That said, you can pop right down to Chaweng (which I did) and enjoy beautiful white sand and crystal clear water. The hotel staff was great and helped us rent a motorbike, which I highly recommend even though I'd never done that before. Nice convenience store across the street from the hotel for any sundries.
As for the room, it had a very muted but elegant decor. The bed was off-the-charts comfortable and there was a nice daybed on the terrace/patio. Other pluses were 4 bottles of water and fresh tropical fruits each day along with very fast wireless, all of which were included. The one negative for me was that the bathroom did not have A/C and was separated from the room by double doors. The armoire for your clothes and private safe was in the bathroom, which was a little annoying. That said, I got used to this mild inconvenience and wouldn't let it dissuade you from staying here.
Breakfast was a delicious buffet, including omelet bar, and was included. It was served in the restaurant by the pool/beach. The other meals we had were just okay with well-meaning but iffy service.
Overall, we had a great experience and would highly recommend this property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand