It was a nice change not having to stand in line to check in at a hotel. Alighting from the Toyota SUV sent to pick us up from the airport, we were ushered to a rattan sofa, and the staff brought the necessary forms for us to sign. In the meantime, cold towels were borught to help us refresh, and a lei was placed over our necks. A golf buggy then transported us to our Deluxe room, which was nice and spacious.
We had 2 gripes. One was with the bathroom. The water pressure was exteremely low, and the hot water was more lukewarm than hot. No doubt, the weather was in the sizzlings 30s, but hot water would have been nice for a 5 star resort.
Our other gripe was with the aircond in the room. Extremely hot. It could have done with servicing or pumping in gas to make it colder. We kept setting the thermostat at 20, and it kept reverting back to 29. That's how hot it was. Impossible to sleep. It was so humid, that we asked to change rooms the next morning. Avoid Room 508, unless they've fixed the aircond. The aircond in the new room turned out to be too efficient. It was freezing cold. We had to leave the dorrs to the bathroom open, to let out some of the cold air, in order to sleep. Woke up in the middle fo the night, still cold, so had to open the balcony door as well, to let in the warm air. They really should inspect their airconds, to make sure that their guests are not too hot nor freezing.
Other than that, the infinity edge black tiled pool was beautiful, overlooking the sea. Complimentary fruit refreshments on a skewer were brought as well as cold towels, and we also had a 10 minute head and shoulder free massage pool side by the masseurs from the Anantara Spa. The hamburger we ordered was delicious, as was the coconut drink. Pricey food, but no worse than any other 5 star hotel.
The Library was an airconditioned oasis, with complimentary water, tea and coffee, as well as books in different languages, such as German and Russian, as well as board games such as Monopoly + free internet access from 2 HP computers throughout the length of your stay. Nice touch, as most hotels would charge for internet access.
The gym was large, cool and well equipped, and I had the place to myself most times. It was like working out in your own private gym.
The buffet breakfast was adequate, but somewhat lacking for a 5 star hotel. More items would have been nice. For instance, there was only 1 type of yoghurt every day - plain flavour. There was fried rice at the local station, but no phad thai at all. The papaya was also not ripened sufficiently, so was hard. The apple juice was terrible, but the banana pancakes were good, as well as the assortment of jams. The service was good, particularly the waitress and the cook manning the eggs station.
What was good was the fact that you hardly saw any other guests, so it was like staying at your own private villa. Bad for the hotel in terms of low occupancy, but good for guests. No queues at the breakfast buffet, swimming pool was uncrowded and no noise. Hardly any children either. Only saw one boy throughout our stay of 4 days. Nice place to de-stress and get away from it all.
Massage, mini-mart and eateries all within walking distance of 5 minutes. 5 minutes' drive from the airport. Attentive service. Whilst waiting for the SUV pick-up to take us to the airport, the staff brought over cold towels scented with peppermint, as the weather was unberably hot, and we must have looked hot and bothered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand