We started our Thailand holiday here, late in September 2009. As it was low-season, we felt like we had the resort to ourselves. This resort is beautiful - make no mistake. It really is quite stunning. Right from the moment you arrive, it certainly makes an impression. What also stands out is the size of it and it can take a while to get around. It is certainly larger than you might at first suspect.
During our time, we received attentive service - as you'd expect at any time of the year, but also during low-season, but it really was great.
We tended to hang around the resort rather than go down into the more popular and rowdy town of Chaweng. The beach was ok, but small and slightly isloated. When we did go down to Chaweng, it was to sunbathe on the beaches for a while. Like me, you might find it odd that there is no direct beach access, but after a while you realise it is commonly accepted that you can walk through any resort to get to the beach.
The pool-side restaurant and bar area served good food, though the breakfast (included) wasn't what I would call five-star by any stretch. The hotel staff did very kindly set up dinner for us one night on the beach. Obviously more expensive, but it was well worth it.
We spent our three nights here in a villa with a private room. I was quite intrigued by the villas that surrounded the private pools (6 villa to a pool), but as it was only the two of us and not a bigger group of family & friends, it was good for what we needed.
Some people have talked down the outdoor bathroom - we really liked it. Didn't have a mosquito problem either, but that could be the time of year we were there. Just remember to keep the door to the bedroom closed so that the air-conditioning can keep your room nice and cool.
We definitely recommend this property to others looking for a nice break. In saying this, next time we will try somewhere new just to see what else is on offer, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time here at Lawana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand