My husband and I checked in early to Villa Lawana (30th) , and was amazed at the quality of this hotel. It sits off the main road in North Chaweng Beach, but once you enter the property, you would never tell. It truely has a relaxing atmosphere, but still close enough to the nightlife, shopping, and adventures. The staff at the check in were very sweet and polite. They speak decent enough English to help answer any questions we had. They greeted us by taking all our bags directly to our room, giving us beautiful fresh flower necklaces, and a beverage. One of the staff members walked us to our villa and pointed out the highlights of the hotel and how to get to them. We stayed in the Private Pool Suite, which was beautiful. You have your own entrance gate that opens up directly into the outside sitting room. The sitting room has comfortable sitting cushions and pillows, a small table where you can enjoy peaceful/romantic room service. It also has steps into the plunge pool directly across from the sitting area. The pool was clean and is about 3 to 4 ft deep. Perfect to dip/lounge in all day, which we did! From the sitting area/deck you enter into the main suite which was so clean and just plain blissful. There is a queen size bed which was decorated with lovely pillows and fresh soft linen. The furniture just sets a peacful, clean, and chic look to the room. There was a fully stocked mini bar and fridge with complimentary teas, water, coffee, and fresh fruit. The television was a nice flat screen 32 inch with enough channels if you want to stay in and watch t.v. (HBO, news, Discovery, etc.) There is a wardrobe which is actually the closet, along with a safe inside. Depending on how much clothes it may be a bit small, but I just folded and stacked our clothes on the shelf. The restroom was very interesting. You go into the double doors from the room into the vanity area. There were plenty of towels to include beach towels, and plenty of toiletries. To the left behind the wall was the toliet and to the right behind the wall was the shower. Interestingly both are technically outside which adds that lovely feeling. Don't be alarmed, there is plenty of privacy from all the plants that are stratigically placed on the premises. From the bathroom area is another set of double doors that leads straight into the plunge pool. Makes it very convient to go from the pool into the bathroom without soaking the entire floors in the room. The restroom area is not air conditioned, but if you open the double doors from the room, you can always let some of the air conditioning in. The weather now is hot and humid, but the bathroom area was not hot our opinon. Like I said it was perfect! There is free Wi-Fi available which the signal wasn't strong inside, but I could sit outside on the deck and use my laptop. They also have a library where you can check out movies, books, or music for free. Also has two resturants in the hotel, which has great food. It was on the pricey side compared to some resturants on the town. The main infinity pool sits below one of the resturants and over looks the beach. The beach water seemed pretty low, but it was still a gorgeous view. In the evening the staff comes to your room for turn down service. They make your bed, remove all the fancy decorative pillows, remove trash, bring extra water, and bring a small snack all in less than 10 minutes. More or less, I would definitly recommend this hotel and spending the extra money to have extra comfort and a relaxing vacation. Oh, and definitly bring mosquito repeallant because the humidity brings those pests out!!!
lovely villa, up to date room and accomodations, friendly staff, pool, bars, cleanliness of room and hotel grounds, air conditioned rooms, location, quiet.
beach wasn't the greatest (water was low), pricey resturant
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand