We had a great time at this hotel. After an initial issue with the room placement (helped a lot by hotels.com), we were upgraded to a beautiful villa that shared a very large pool with three other villas. You absolutely want to pay the extra money and take the villas with the semi-private larger pools. The grounds are spectacular, lush with vegetation, sitting on a hill overlooking a magnificent infinity pool and beach below. The staff were uniformly patient and service-oriented. Everyone, from reception to cleaning staff, went out of their way for us. One example: we have very strict dietary restrictions and the chefs and waiters went through hoops to allow us to eat something. The two downsides: the mosquitoes were omnipresent at nights and the bathroom is only partially enclosed. As to the former, they tried to spray around the rooms but I think they need to find another solution. As to the latter, they were able to put up some boards that enclosed the bathrooms, but one wonders about their original design. With those two caveats, we would absolutely stay again at this hotel. We and our kids were very sorry to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand