We stayed at the Anantara Lawana for 11 nights for our honeymoon in August. Me and my husband both think that the hotel is amazing. The hotel surroundings are beautiful and you tell that they are looked after really well by dedicated staff. We arrived fairly early in the morning and were offered cool towels as it was quite warm by that point and a lovely refreshing drink. As a honeymoon treat my husband decided to upgrade our room halfway through our stay and the reception staff were really accommodating of this and didn't pressure us into the most expensive rooms. The staff are the friendliest staff we have come across, constantly acknowledging your presence in the hotel and some asking how you are. Our first room was the deluxe plunge pool room, it was lovely. The plunge pool was much bigger than we thought and incredibly private which is what you need I think when you are on honeymoon. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom unique as some of it was outside which we both really liked.
Our second room we had was the pool access room and the first one we went to had seven villas round one pool but unfortunately it had quite a strong sulphur smell. My husband went to reception as we didn't feel comfortable in the room with the smell but the reception staff were amazing. The girl at reception who unfortunately we can't remember the name of took us to another pool access room with five villas around it straightaway. She was really accommodating and understanding. We settled on this room which we loved. It was really quiet and most people used the main pool so our pool stayed relatively quiet most of the time.
The room itself was really spacious and had a lovely bath and again an outdoor shower which was even better than the plunge pool room. The housekeeping staff were really considerate and the room was always tidied and made up to a high standard. We really liked the turn down service where the housekeeping staff would come in and turn down our bed, close the curtains, light incense for the mosquitoes and leave us a lovely leaf with the weather for the next day written on it.
While we were at the hotel, breakfast was included in the package and it was probably the best breakfast we have had while staying at a hotel. There was so much selection and the restaurant staff were really friendly and always welcoming. A special mention to Tae who would nearly every day come and talk to us and always delivered fantastic customer service. While we stayed at the hotel we went to the Tree Tops restaurant, the food was honestly the best food we have ever had. The privacy and romantic element of each individual table made the experience really special. A special mention to Tour who really delivered fantastic customer service and went the extra mile. She remembered our names after dining at Tree Tops and always said hello!
We have to mention the pool bar as well with it's amazing cocktails and the pool staff who were really attentive giving out towels for the pool and even laying them on your sun lounger for you and being on hand for any requests or if you wanted a drink. Again a special mention to Santi who was extremely friendly and courteous at all times and genuinely took an interest in us as guests. He had great customer service.
My husband also received excellent customer service from Fon at reception who went out of her way to provide a range of dinner options on Koh Samui and showed it was absolutely no trouble to do so. The hotel showed it had brilliant customer service when we dined at Ocean Kiss, my husband ordered a pizza with chilli and no cherry tomatoes. There was a mix up and the pizza came without the chilli and the cherry tomatoes were on the pizza. My husband wasn't that bothered by it but the staff were so attentive and apologetic that the order had been mixed up. We can't fault how they rectified the situation. We were offered a free dessert and a glass of sparkling wine. Tae came over and offered his apologies making sure we were ok.
Just as we were leaving we were struggling with our luggage and two very kind gardeners took our luggage and carried it up the steps to the lobby. This just reaffirmed the whole ethos of the hotel and the kind of customer service that they offer. We were so sad to leave the hotel on our last day and we really would love to come back! Maybe for our first wedding anniversary!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand