The Anantara was the 2nd stop on our trip to Thailand and after an amazing time in Bangkok had a lot to live up to. I am pleased to say we were not disappointed.....
We had the pleasure of staying here for 4 nights and on arrival decided to upgrade our room (deluxe plunge pool room) to a sea view pool villa. The room was spectacular and the outside space amazing, unfortunately for us we could not enjoy most of it as we were eaten alive from the moment we arrived until the day we left, I am not sure this is anyone's fault it could be the climate and time of year we were there and we certainly did take all the usual precautions to avoid, maybe be were just unlucky but neither me or my husband have experienced quite such an attack so for us the upgrade was not worth it so wanted to point this out.
Because of the above we spent most our days around the wonderful pool area overlooking the beach so not such a compromise! It was here that we received the very best level of service from all the staff working at the pool bar area and restaurant.
The staff are an absolute credit to this resort and definitely made our stay here extra special, from their wonderful greeting, excellent communication skills and can do attitude we wanted for nothing. An endless supply of beach towels, complimentary sun cream, cold towels and frozen pineapple to cool you down made those lazy days around the pool perfect.
We found the food and drink reasonably priced (for a hotel), very very tasty and a wide choice but clearly much more expensive than the short walk (15 mins) into town where there is a plethora of bars and restaurants so you do have the choice of either which is another positive.
If you are planning on staying in Ko Samui then we would highly recommend this resort, I do not think anyone would be disappointed and it deserves in our opinion it's 5* rating based on the four 5* hotels we stayed in whilst in Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand