My husband and I stayed at Anatara Lawana in Koh Samui for our honeymoon. After one night in the busy and bustling city of Bangkok, Anatara was a welcomed relief.
Upon arrival we were greeted with a delicious drink and from start to finish during our stay the service was impeccable.
We were offered an upgrade on our room for a small cost and after viewing our original room and the upgrade we could not refuse! We would have been quite disappointed with our original booking of the 'Deluxe Plunge Pool Room' because it did not offer the privacy that you imagine when staying in a room with a private pool. These rooms are set on the side of sloping hill and the room we were meant to stay in was on the lower side of the hill and above our room and pool was another room with a balcony that over looked our pool. After seeing this room we were shown to the 'Seaview Pool Villa'. The room was so amazing you couldn't even compare it to the other rooms!
We stayed in the Anatara Seaview Pool Villa and were amazed at the room, private pool and view! It was picture perfect- everything you could hope for when on a honeymoon or romantic getaway!
The food was amazing! The beach was pretty! The room and private pool were definitely our favourite part of the whole experience. I would definitely pay the extra again for the privacy that the Seaview Pool Villa offered.
We paid a bit extra and had a private dinner set up on the beach infront of the hotel which was incredible! The sort of things you see on the movies or advertisements for romantic places. It really was a magical place!
Sadly, the city or town of Koh Samui is nothing special, in fact, we found it quite sad leaving the luxury of the resort. As soon as you step out onto the street, there is rubbish, terrible sewer like smells combined with the poverty. We ventured out a couple of times to see the town and to get suits made for my husband (the resort will recommend somewhere that is legit- make sure you go through them, you pay a bit more but they won't con you!). We were always relieved to see our resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand