Just home after spending 21x nights in a pool access room at this resort. We were unsure what we were in for as had originally booked to stay in their Bohput resort .... due to renovations, our booking was withdrawn, but we were offered a pool access room at Lawana, which after some consideration we accepted.
As soon as the gate to our room was opened, we knew we were in for a very nice holiday.
The main pool was lovely and service impeccable, but the arrival of noisy guests with screaming kids quickly made us decide to stay at our own deck/pool which was lovely and peaceful.
Only two niggles ... there was no light at night to be able to see when putting key in the door. We found floodlights in our private garden that weren't working, and on reflection, we should have told the staff about this, but didn't ... may need checking. The other thing, was one of our sun loungers was rotten around the wheel and when I attempted to lift it as an alternative after the wheel fell off, I badly wrenched my shoulder and did my tendons as I hadn't realized how heavy it was. Several trips to the local hospital ensued, but I do not hold the resort in any way responsible .... maybe they could just do a wheel check now and then especially with the rain, to prevent this happening to some one else? I am now under my own doctors care back home.
We quickly made friends with our regular service staff and shop owners across the road ... two excellent restaurants directly opposite; one is a Thai place called Anong, and the other, upmarket fusion fare at The Larder (owned by Brits). Chaweng is only 5 mins by taxi if you want something noisier .... personally, we couldn't wait to get back to the serenity of Anantara after a trip to Chaweng, but we are in our late 50's which might explain that!
Many thanks to Ivan for making our stay more "real".
Just to sum up, Anantara is the only place I would recommend friends to stay at on Samui, fabulous staff, food and the Tree Tops restaurant is a must!
Many thanks to you all .... still smiling, Jenny and Alan Sparks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand