We stayed here for 5 nights having moved from a different hotel on the opposite side of Koh Samui. Our first impressions were that we'd clearly arrived at a beautiful and very well run hotel, and frankly this just got better and better during our stay. The reception is set in a pretty open plan style with a nice water feature running up toward it from the entrance. We were welcomed with cool towels, drinks and our room was already prepared for us. It might seem like a throw away comment but even the porters and security guards here are so welcoming and friendly, setting the tone for the rest of our stay with the incredibly attentive staff looking after us.
We had booked a deluxe room which was beautifully furnished, having a large en suite bathroom complete with a huge plunge pool - style bathtub and separate rain shower. We also had an adjoining terrace with sofa and table set with candles where we could relax with a drink in the evenings. It was very romantic and also doubled as somewhere where we could snuggle up and watch a movie on my laptop (top tip: load up your ipad/laptop with your favourite shows to massively improve the 13 hour flight from london!)
As it was our anniversary, we were surprised later that evening with a special bed decoration, tropical fruit bowl, champagne on ice and a delicious chocolate cake which we devoured!! We sat out on our terrace and really thought we'd arrived in paradise! Unfortunately (and nothing to do with the hotel), we were disturbed the first night by music coming upfront Chaweng very early into the morning and I felt I had to ask to be moved. The staff were extremely understanding and we were moved and upgraded to an outdoor plunge ipool room the same day. This was slightly different with an outdoor rain shower/bathroom and a huge 3x3 metre 'pool'. This was great to relax in in peace and quiet in the late afternoons having spent time around the pool in the day. Most importantly it was quiet and we had no further problems with noise.
Food at the hotel is INCREDIBLE. The main restaurant is 'Ocean Kiss' where the buffet breakfast takes place in addition to a la carte lunch and dinner. It is set beautifully over looking the beach and pool and the staff here are the most attentive we've ever experienced. (We can't possibly same everyone but especially Pla, Phonpan, Alex and Coco) It is hard to really explain but compared to everywhere we've ever been, the staff throughout the whole hotel had an uncanny ability to anticipate requests and nothing was too much for them. They are the most gracious, genuine and friendly people and we felt more like old friends than clients of the hotel. The breakfast buffet was spectacular and better than ones we've had in Dubai and the Maldives, both in terms of the food quality and the choice. The same menu is available for both lunch and dinner and is extremely comprehensive both for Western and Thai choices. I can't pick any one dish that we liked most as genuinely everything was outstanding. As you'd expect from a 5 start hotel, it wasn't the cheapest place to eat but we were generally happy with the pricing due to quality of the food. If you want to have a once in a life time eating experience, go to 'Treetops', the hotels lead restaurant. We actually didn't go ourselves but with around 8 table set literally in the trees, the best time we are told is to eat at sunset. The views are supposed to pretty incredible and the food amazing.
We loved the ambiance around the pool and there was never a shortage of sun loungers/beds. This was due to the fact that there are three other private pools for the higher end rooms so reducing the volume of people around the main pool. Despite this, it's a huge infinity pool, probably 50 metre long and is stunning. There are also many '4 poster beds' which offer a bit more shade and are perfect for snuggling up with your partner in the sunset for a drink on! The pool service was incredible without ever being intrusive. We would often be given free little snacks or refreshers which was a nice touch and food/drinks were brought to us impeccably quickly.
It is hard to fault the hotel in any way and we would without question love to stay again. The grounds are meticulously kept and the overall feel of the resort is of a really relaxed but extremely well run 5 star hotel, (in contrast to a glitzy, super modern and pretentious place like some other chains.) Thank you again to the such superb staff for making our stay so special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand