We are very glad that we chose the Anantara Lawana, the location is perfect, away from the hassle and bustle of chaweng but close enough to join in.
We stayed at on of the pool Acces Villas which I can really recommend, the pool is approx 20 x 7 meter... You may have to share the pool with 4 villas, but in our case we had it for ourself for most of the time...what a dream! The room has everything you may need, sat. TV, DVD player, a minibar filled to the rim..a huge bathtub, a small room for your suitcases and clothing. Outside is a private sala and 2 very comfy sun loungers..
Only complain may be that watching TV is not so easy with the bedposts always obstructing the view.
The breakfast is served at the ocean kiss restaurant ( beautiful location) the variety of foods (for all nationalities) as well as the service was always amazing ...
The front of house staff are all extremely friendly and very helpful so where the ladies cleaning our room twice a day. Overall a fantastic resort!
The Anantara vacation club in short AVC......
While busy checking in we where approached by a very friendly lady who invited us for a 90 minutes presentation with a reward of baht 4000 voucher, on my question if this is a timeshare presentation she politely denied it and told us it is for the anantara vacation club, something different!
The next day we got fetched by a limousine and brought to the AVC centre located at Bophut beach. So far so good!
An extremely friendly Malaysian lady started a sales talk (no hard sale) where we immediately realized that this is timeshare. I told her strait away that we are not interested to make a long time (being already 57) commitment till 2040 and as well that any bigger financially commitments should also be handed by my accountant. Which was ignored from then on.
After around 1,5 hours sweet talk an English manager came and introduced himself, drawing some numbers on a piece of paper and told us that we have to sign immediately (for a US$78.000.00 deal or pay a deposit of US$ 7700 immediately than US$600 every month for the next 10 years only but the contact would run till 2040)
As this is a special offer and is only valid now! When I asked if I can take his calculation home to check it out as this is a vast sum of money for anybody, he denied and told us that we are not allowed to take the Brochure nor the calculation home! There were a couple red flags that went up immediately.
The first was when we were told the purchase of any upper elite tier packages was only available the day of the presentation. The second and final deal breaker was that we never actually got any type of contract to review prior to them wanting the 10% deposit paid with no credit checks done etc.. The final red flag was that he also asked us, when we wanted to leave, that if he reduces the overall price significantly would we consider paying a deposit!
Needless to say, We did not go through with the purchase. It was just too fishy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand