Im writing to let you all know how fantastic Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa is. My Husband and i recently returned from 7 night staying in this hotel and we will definitely be back. We have been to Thailand 4 times now and for our next trip to Thailand I wont have to spend ages searching for the best hotel as we have finally found it!! The resort is absolutely stunning, we upgraded to the Plunge pool room and we were very happy with it. Beds are very comfy which is unusual for Thailand and the rooms were services daily including a turn down service with a cute little green leaf left on the bed explaining the next days weather. The first day after checking in we went out for a bit and retuned shortly after dinner to find a bottle of French champagne and a chocolate cake with "Honeymoon" written on it. They knew we were coming for our honeymoon so it was a lovely surprise. The pool area is the best I have seen so far. There are so many lovely day beds and lounges with three areas to choose from. The pool that over looks the ocean is just stunning and the beach itself is the best along the strip, we did a walk around and this resort had the larges stretch of beach free from rocks and rubbish. During the day near the beach and pool area staff walk around offering refresher towels along with little fruity icy cups to cool you down and later in the afternoon fruit.
The buffet breakfast is amazing!!! best breakfast buffet I have ever seen and I have travelled the world. They have everything you can imagine and the quality is fantastic. I loved how they walked around offering a special Juice of the day or some type of different food to try aside from the huge Varity available at breakfast time. You can request any type of eggs you like and they are cooked fresh especially for you. The staff were all fantastic and I would like to say How lovely ‘Kate’ was who we saw every morning and made sure every desire was met. She even went out of her way every morning to make a special tea to help my husband who was sick with the flu. The tree Top restaurant was good but you need to book the day you get there or even before you go to secure the table and time you want. Food at the pool bar was also excellent, we regularly enjoyed happy hour where you get cheaper cocktails while listening to a 2 piece band serenade you as the sun goes down. The free coconut crisps from the bar as delicious!!! Managers cocktail party was fun and I was pleased I got to Thank you Lars for helping me arrange the room upgrade as a surprise for my husband and also tell you personally how fabulous this hotel is.
I am a flight attendant so I stay in hotels all the time and this is by far the best one I have stayed in. The staff work hard to keep it clean and tidy and always are so friendly and willing to help. While I thought this hotel was much closer to the main strip please note its actually about a 20 minute walk, however the took tooks come by regularly for 100 THB ($3.00 AUS) its easy to catch one of those into town. However we actually preferred being further away as the beaches were more private and clean and it was extremely peaceful, you are not crammed in next to other resorts. There is a convenience store opposite the hotel if you need to buy snacks or drinks. One morning at breakfast we got offered an Ipad to use so my husband could catch up on the news back home which he really enjoyed. We kept saying it’s the little things that this resort offers that surprise you and make your stay even more special, little things you don’t expect but things that set this hotel apart from others. Truly was a fabulous stay and we are so glad we found this hotel and cant wait to return.
Thanks to you Lars and all your lovely staff for the best trip. Kate Williams and Daniel Lee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand