Stayed at Anantara Lawana plunge pool room for 4 nights. Heard much about this hotel chain and was looking forward to a relaxing time. However the overall experience was not good and average at best.
Staff was polite and service oriented. Will have to applaud Sunny at reception who candidly gave us directions and places to eat local food. There was another lady staff at breakfast who was always cheery and delighted to serve you. Pity I forgot to get her name. I'm sure the other guests wld know who I am talking about. Next, there's a family mart just across the street and very convenient to stock up and snacks n drinks. The beach was clean but not the choicest to swim in Samui. Housekeeping was generally fine and anticipated our needs like giving us extra mosquito coils n matches ( I will talk about the mozzies in a bit). We were allowed to use the beach facilities at their bohput resort which was good since that beach was calmer and better to swim.
The room size was okay but didn't expect the shower n wc to be outdoors. It's not well designed as we found out when we wanted to use the wc and it was pouring the whole day we arrived hence got wet while trying to use the toilet. There is a blind that shelters the wc from the elements but in heavy rain it was futile. Because the toilet was au natural, there were quite a no. Of mozzies and we got bitten while using the wc. Imagine!
Sales pitch was unusual and a bit much over the few days that we were there. They had a offer to give each room 4500 credits if you sign up for their tour to their bohput resort and listen to their sales pitch for the vacation club package. We were asked 3 times if we were interested. I tk once wld suffice and to note that which guest didn't want to. If I wanted I wld have signed up the first time.
Breakfast had variety and it repeated everyday! Sigh. Even the Thai selection was the same everyday besides the soup and some side dishes. For a big chain like Anantara we were surprised that they didn't have fresh juices; all were concentrates except the daily special which varied each day and that was freshly made. Disappointed w the food.
Breakfast location. The view from the breakfast area was great but def not wheelchair accessible. It was a good climb down quite steep steps to the restaurant and pool. For the able-bodied its good excercise but didn't see any facilities for the handicapped. Maybe there is.
The main door lock to our room didn't work so we had to latch the bottom as we cldnt turn the lock. Air con was loud with rumbling noise tho fan was at lowest.
Something strange happened. We were asked quite a few times if we were from room 230! At the pool at the reception as we were walking. It was like they were looking for an Asian couple and simple asked any Asian couple that came their way. Annoying! I was about to ask what was wrong and why they kept asking us our room no. Come on. It def interrupted our vacation. Unnecessary.
Wld We stay at any Anantara again.. Nope. I tk there are other better resorts on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand