After a week-long conference in Bangkok a colleague and I were keen to get away and do very little for a couple of days - seems we'd come to the right place. The Anantara Lawana is a hilly 20min walk to the town but a much easier Tuk Tuk ride @ 50b each (Around $1.50).
The resort itself is great - lots of individual houses/huts each with aircon, many with their own pools. The beach is clean and pretty well used by patrons and the pool was also great and not too busy this time of the year. The finishing touches really made the difference - the free slushy as you sit by the pool, the ice block later that afternoon, the happy hour and free cocktails on the Thursday night where you could have a chat with other guests or management, and get a free taste of massage from their spa people. Of course I had to lock in a proper massage the following day by the beach and it was fantastic. The Breakfast buffet was extensive and spanned half of the resort. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - especially for the bargain prices you can get online.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand