A really delightful property it would be hard to fault. Accommodation is in villas scattered across beautifully kept grounds - the rooms themselves blending great comfort with traditional Thai design. The pool and beachside area are wonderful, the buffet breakfast is as rich in choice as it is quality - and the staff in this property are possibly the most charming, efficient and friendly I've come across in more than 20 years travelling around South East Asia. If you want to get into central Chaweng it really needs a short cab journey (about £4) but it's worth it to be slightly out of the main thrust of things. The hotel has what is considered one of the best restaurants on Samui ("Tree Tops") and a very impressive programme of treatments at the Anantara Spa. One slightly drawback is the beach at the Anantara Lawana is not one of the best I've enjoyed in Thailand (the area is quite rocky and sand is grainy), so if you like a typically tropical beach this might put you off but it's a tiny price to pay for enjoying everything else this wonderful hotel has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand