My partner and I have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks at the Anantara Lawana and cannot recommend this beautiful hotel enough. From beginning to end our stay was fantastic, welcoming and relaxing. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and we got to know them so well we felt like we were on holiday with friends! The General Manager Lars, and assistant James, should be very proud of their staff and the attention to detail and personal service they all provide to ensure guests have the times of their lives.
Despite what some previous reviewers have said the standard of english spoken by the staff here is extremely good! They have to cope with so many language requirements for all nationalities of customers so I would give them 10 out of 10 for their efforts.We did try to learn a new Thai word ourselves every day as WE were the visitors to this beautiful country and so it is only right to make a little effort. Indeed our efforts were always well received complete with helpful correction where necessary! (Thai is not so easy actually!!)
As far as the staff are concerned, we would particularly like to thank Pla and Orn for their ever present smiles and happiness (even at 6.30 in the morning at breakfast!) and also send many thanks to Santi, Fiank, Hom and Mi for always making our 1pm "Chang time" so entertaining!!! Big thanks too to Amy and Pong in the Spa for the most amazing massages we have ever had. We both slept so well after and its well worth the money!
We opted to stay in the Shared Pool Villa (Room 202) having upgraded at the last minute from a Plunge Pool Villa. The upgrade was SO worth it.. Our room was amazing and very private even though we were sharing the attached pool with 5 other villas. Our villa was always sparkling clean, well stocked with Mosquito coils and essentials (toilet rolls/shampoo etc). Th emini bar is exceleently stocked and is not the most epensive we have expreienced in other hotels. Beware wine and Champagne costs though. Thailand has 400% VAT for these beverages so naturally htese are very highly priced. Would recommend Chang and Singha local beers which are cheap and lush and also the Poolside Cocktails. Peace and quiet always reigned here and so it was very difficult to leave our room to join other guests at the main pool by Ocean Kiss!
Room service at the Lawana is incredible too. The speed of delivery was amazing, the prices more than acceptable and the quality of food out of this world. We used this service several times and were never disappointed.
The general hotel location is fantastic and just outside of Cheweng enough to keep things peaceful but a 5 min tut-tut ride soon gets you straight to the busy side of town for a more lively night out. At around £1 for a trip for 2 people into town you can't go wrong! Amazing some tourists still haggle this price though!!
The beach directly by the Anantara is clean and OK and a short walk of some 15 mins will take you into Cheweng but its so hot it is quite hard going. Worth doing once though for the experience.
The hotel offers many socialble events during your stay and there is no pressure to attend if you; rather not. However we went to the Cocktail evening and the Thai night which we found excellent. Again the food and Thai style entertainment was fantastic! Thai people really do have a sense of gentle fun for all and really go the extra mile to ensure everyone has fun. These people are genuine and gentle and we fell in love with them all for it.
Finally we did experience Tree Top dining too. Its a lovely setting and very romantic although quite expensive. We enjoyed our meal with the usual top notch service but personally preferred the OceanKiss restaurant by the beach "food-wise". This is not a criticism just merely preference as we both adore Thai food as a priority and maybe we aren't quite refined enough to understand Fine Dining to this extent? :-)
The Ananatara Lawana is an amazing place to stay and we hope to return soon but next time with all our children. There is so much more I could write but if anyone would like any more info etc please do not hesitate to email me and I will help where I can.
The bad reviews on trip advisor for this hotel do not match the experiences we had. I would recommend that you arrive and trust in Lars and his team to make your stay fantasic and I KNOW you won't be disappointed. Congratulations and big thanks to Lars and his fantastic team - we miss you already!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand