“The right romantic & charming resort for honeymoon trip @Koh Samui” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort

Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Bangkok, Thailand
“The right romantic & charming resort for honeymoon trip @Koh Samui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

We went there for honeymoon and we had such a beautiful memory .. as the hotel decor, the seaview pool villa itself is so stunning, friendly staffs, speedy Wi-Fi at all area in the villa. We started every of our lazy day with OCEAN KISS where we had chilled breakfast on lovely Chaweng beach which friendly staffs & lovely Chefs who always treated us feel so relaxing. And ended the day happily with my hubbie's hug @SKY HUG, the romantic dining place on top of the tree where v enjoyed our lamb rack, foie gras along with bird's eye view of sea, mountain, cool breeze & blue sky hug just like their name .. We actually had a plan to go around the island during our trip but changed our mind coz our seaview pool villa #102 & the resort here is too charming & too relaxing to leave :P

We'll difintely be back to stay at this charming ANANTARA LAWANA again whenever we make a trip to Koh Samui to see lovely GM, K.Lars and all lovely staffs who delivered us a warm welcoming and wonderful treatment throughout our stay ... Cheers !

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Dear Bua_Puchita,

reviewing your posting it seems like we successfully completed our mission to provide you with a honeymoon experience you will want to remember for the rest of your life.

It was a true pleasure having you staying with us during this special occassion and we want to wish both of you once again all the best for your future life together.

We would feel humbled being able welcoming you back soon.

Lars Kerfin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
baroda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

its a beautiful hotel very much typical thai stlye villas very good spa and the restaurent very nice the infinity pool was beautiful.only bad thing is the lighting in the rooms very poor and lizards in the bathrooms.very close to chaweng street 100bhts by tuk tuk
go for better options of food at chaweng,not a very happening resort good if you love a quite place

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank baroda03
Dear baroda03,

we appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us.

It is great to hear that you are considering us as the "best boutique hotel" and that you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us.

We are currently reviewing the lighting in all guestrooms and public areas and are confident that you will see improvements during any future visit.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

I am a fan of 5 star hotels and travel a lot for work - there are some hotel groups that I love and have never disappointed me.
Wherever I go now, I will check if there is an Anantara!
I booked two different hotels for our trip to Samui. Simply couldn't make up my mind. I was a little worried about the design of the Anantara from the website, which I must say does not truly represent the beauty of the actual resort. The first hotel we stayed at was disappointing and we couldn't wait to leave. We checked out right after breakfast and hoped that the Anantara would be better. From the moment we arrived we knew the Anantara would be in line with our expectations. At check-in we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a pool villa (we had booked a pool access villa). We asked to have a look at the rooms and whilst both looked great, we went for the more private option, the pool villa. The pool villa at the Anantara has a proper pool with a nice garden and a big enough deck for sunbathing. Just great. Bathroom is huge with two showers, one outside. The living room is very large and separated by a folding wall. The only thing missing was the possibility to play music through our iPhones, or iPods, which I think has kind of become standard in most high end hotels. The internet is slow, like some of the other reviews suggest especially in the room. If you have to do work this could be very annoying. For our holiday, it didn't matter that much.
I must say we simply loved the room and the privacy that came with it. Its great to get up in the morning and just jump in the pool.
The breakfast buffet is amazing (even though I am not a fan of buffets) and the range of fresh juices alone is worth mentioning. We had dinner at Skyhug, which was great. The food was excellent and the setting is romantic (and we aren't the romantic types). We also tried a bottle of Thai wine (a first) which was very good.
The spa is worth mentioning as well. We had a treatment package that was super relaxing and the design of the spa is lovely.
Overall the Anantara Lawana moved close to the top of my list of best hotels. Up there with the Four Seasons in Sayan Bali and the Peninsula in Bangkok. If you like your design minimal, a great setting, outstanding food and good service this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: If you want privacy room 111 is great
3 Thank gringo71
Dear gringo71,

we appreciate the time you've taken to share your experiences and satisfaction in such detail. It is always very encouraging for us to hear when we have succeeded in creating an amazing memory.

We thank you very much for staying with us and are looking forward welcoming you back to any of our Anantara resorts worldwide.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

I stayed at the Anantara for ten nights during may. The staff were very helpful and welcoming on arrival. I stayed in a deluxe pool room and was a tiny bit disppointed with the location of the room. I would go back again and the food in the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed May 2011
Dear But82,

thank you very much for your feedback.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward welcoming you back.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

I fully enjoyed my stay at Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa. The rooms and Villas are very spacious and perfectly combine Asian and Chinese elements.
My dinner at Sky-Hug was just perfect, very delicious and perfectly decorated/served - the best I was able to enjoy in Thailand!
Excellent Yoga-classes in the morning with beach view, as well as a very sumptous breakfast buffet with juice bar.

Will definitely come back to Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Sandy_R02
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Sandy_R02,

thank you very much for your positive review.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have been able to provide you with a true Anantara Experience.

In case you wish to share your feedback about SkyHug in the restaurant section of TripAdvisor please feel free to do so, as SkyHug is listed there as well.

We hope to see you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

My husband & I booked in for our honeymoon largely based on the glowing Trip Advisor reviews.....well I was not impressed!!!
Check in wasn't overly friendly.........No Happy Honeymoon (even though they were informed of this)
OK ...I can overlook this
We were golf carted to our plunge pool room which seemed miles away from main areas,gardens not particularly well maintained in this area,seeing the room we were gutted...felt minimal,even soul-less......no honeymoom decorations as promised,plunge pool wasn't impressive either.....

We decided then & there we were going back to the previous resort we were at in Samui,front desk manager did however offer a room closer to main area,but our minds were made up.

We had already paid,so accepted we would lose 2 nights automatically & would be refunded remaining 5 through travel agent...over 7 MONTHS LATER STILL NO REFUND???

There are better resorts in Samui for the $$$$

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear charchar88,

We are certainly sorry to hear about your experience and impression of our resort and I sincerely would like to apologize that we missed delivering a proper honeymoon experience.

We understand your frustration if this important vacation did not start well. Unfortunately I have to say that some of the experiences you made were out of our control and we are depending on a proper communication from your travel agent. After some research we were able to find your reservation details and saw that we haven't been informed by your agent in advance that you are on your honeymoon.

We can also reconfirm that the refund has not been pending from our side, as we never charged your agent for those 5 nights. This will be followed up from us again with your agent but we hope for your understanding that your dissatisfaction for this should be directed towards your travel agent, as he obviously failed to inform and follow up important parts of your vacation.

Even though the initial room hasn't met your expectations, I am glad to hear that my team offered you an alternative. I would have wished that you have taken advantage of it, so we would have had a chance to show you with our hospitality and service that the decision to stay with us was right.

Again, our sincere apology for the experiences and I hope that you were still able to enjoy a beautiful honeymoon on Koh Samui.

Sandgate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Just back from Koh Samui and the Anantara Lawana. Arrived in the early hours and were greeted and taken to our room, a deluxe plunge pool room, not very nice and very enclosed. We asked to see something better and were we about to have our eyes opened room 102 , a sea view pool villa with the most fantastic location. This comes at a hefty price but wow. We loved the peace and quit of the villa and were so relaxed and laid back with the peace and tranquility. Then we went o ut one morning for two hours and whilst we were out our camcorder,my phone and a small ammount of money were stolen from our bedroom. We informed management and were informed that only the maid and housekeeper with pest control had been to the villa that morning. Locking gates and all doors locked no forced entry, wonder who ?. I was kindly supplied an interpreter and transport to the police station to give a statement and on my return. Jaes the manager met with me to discuss the situation and although it was fairly obvious that a key holder had been in there was no proof. Once again a great villa ,fab views lovely hotel but tut tut to your staff.

Room Tip: If you have the money room 102 without doubt
3 Thank Sseaside
Dear sueeves,

we certainly remember your case, as we did some intense investigation about the loss you reported. I believe my Assistant James and other members of my team spent quite some time checking the area and investigating staff members.

We strongly believe that we have strong systems in place, which are minimizing the opportunities for theft include a safety deposit box in the room, which you haven't used unfortunately. I can't reveal all details on pro-active protections and reactive procedures here, but I am confident that we are operating above the usual standards. There is certainly no 100% guarantee, but often we experienced that guests reported a theft and the item turned up later in the luggage or got returned by a taxi driver or tour operator. Please rest assured that we take this incident serious and have taken appropriate actions.

Nevertheless, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our Anantara Sea View Pool Villa was enjoyed by both of you. Thank you for recommending us to others and we are all looking forward welcoming you back to Koh Samui and the Anantara Lawana.

Lars Kerfin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,282 reviews
Poppies Samui
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort? Share your experiences!