“More impressive than I expected”

Osteria Crash con Cucina
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Feltre
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been living in Feltre for almost a year and a half, and had never eaten at this restaurant before tonight. It's pretty much considered the most popular place in the town, and I had heard a combination of both good and bad things about it. Mostly bad, mind you. Surprisingly enough - this place was not bad at all, in fact it was better than I had expected.

The food was not only delicious, but fairly priced, and were distributed in hearty portions. There were five of us in total, and with wine, water, 2 courses for two of the people in our party and the rest of us just one course, the bill came to 61 euros. Not bad, actually for around these parts.

The food was very fresh, the staff was very friendly, and the ambiance was very pleasant. A really small establishment, but quite chic and yet at the same time cozy and more like an osteria rather than a restaurant. The Italian theme was there - but more traditional than what a westerner's idea of "Italian themed" might be. They good music, and for only having around 35 people in the whole place it was very lively and vibrant.

I would highly recommend it to people visiting Northern Italy for good traditional Venetian food - or if you are a local, it's a great place to drop into for a nice glass of wine and an upbeat atmosphere!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We ate is this little restaurant twice and loved it both times. The menu was limited but what they had was fine with us. We're vegetarians and both times we ate there, we had enough of a choice and the dishes were delicious. The prices are very reasonable.

It's a small place so I think you probably need reservations most of the time. We ate there for lunch on Sunday and everyone is seated at the same time. There might be a second seating. I don't know what the dinner system is.

The staff was helpful and attentive. I would eat there again if I was ever in Feltre again.

1  Thank WorldTraveler274
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food is good, even if there is not to much choise. The resturant is unconventional, you can like or not. I liked, but I wouldn't choise it for a formal business lunch.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

It is a small place, run by a funny bunch of people. It serves seasonal dishes and there are always vegetarian and lactose-intolerant options. The desserts are home made and delicious. My personal favourites are the "tagliata al radicchio", "finocchi alla curcuma" and pasta with seafood. The is also a nice selection of wines and liquors. One has to book in advance on weekends, the place is small, very popular and it gets packed easily. don't be surprised if they ask you to share a table with strangers, it happened to me too and it can be quite fun...

1  Thank unmiki
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Crash is a small place that, in November at least, seems to cater to local folks who come in for drinks and conversation in the early evening and for dinner after 7:30 pm. On the two nights we ate there, the dinner menu was posted at 7:30 pm, so don't plan to eat dinner before then. Our Italian was non-existant and the waitstaff's was small, but they got out their dictionary and helped us translate the menu. We enjoyed the food and liked being among what felt like "real" people. Prices seemed quite reasonable.

1  Thank Ken L