“Excellent family room”

Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frodsham
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We've just arrived back from forest hills - and we will definately be returning!! Nothing was too much trouble - from the receptionists to the service in the restaurant, to the very kind man valet man who helped me with our luggage. The family room is EXCELLENT value for money - it has a fridge, a DVD player and a double bed and 2 singles - very spacious! The swimming pool is lovely & clean, the breakfast is lovely, great views. Nothing was too much trouble, my kids loved it. Can't wait to return. Thank you!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear curlybird 70

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you and the children enjoyed your recent stay with us in an Excellent family room that was good value, that you found that nothing was too much trouble for the staff from the receptionists to the restaurant service I will pass on your kind and positive comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

Take a look at our website for the many planned events that take place through out the year,

We look forward to welcoming you all back very soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay here. They have no aircon, during our hottest summer in yonks, this was a big problem. They brought us fans and iced water at no charge which was good though.

The room we had, 118, was large and 'L' shaped and on the ground floor overlooking a little fishpond. Apparently, on each floor there are a couple of these rooms at the ends of the corridors and they are spacious. Ours certainly was. The bathroom had an old pink suite in and was very dated. The shower was temperamental. The room was clean, the bed was firm but fine. We didn't use the pool or spa facilities but other members of our group did and said it was fine.

We were with a large party, one of our group was stuck in a room where the radiator was on and it wouldn't go off. When a staff member came with some water, we asked if they could check it out. They looked at it and said 'I don't know how to fix that' and just left it, no further instruction on what could be done or how they could help or if they could get someone else to look at it, or if they could change rooms.

The location is a bit out of the way, not a place to go via public transport. Taxi services on a weekend pretty shoddy. You need a car. For £72 WITHOUT breakfast, this is not the best value Best Western we've stayed at. However, Christine on reception was very nice and dealt with our large group as best she could. She was there when we checked in, she was there until late that evening, and she was there first thing in the morning when we checked out at 8.30am. A very nice lady who was helpful and knowledgeable about the property.

Room Tip: Ask for an 'L' shaped end of corridor room, these are slightly bigger than average standard...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Vicky F

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor

Your business is very important to us and we value your feed back. By telling us what you liked about your stay you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I was sorry to read that you didn't believe that we were a best value Hotel and that your friends were not offered any assistance with the radiator by the member of staff and I will be bringing this up at our next team meeting to ensure maintenance issues are dealt with correctly .

I will be delighted to pass on your kind & positive comments concerning Christine to her and I totally agree she really is a very nice lady.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was central to the places I wanted to visit on this trip to Cheshire. It is located on the outskirts of Frodsham (which was a new place for me) with easy access to the nearby motorway. As with all hotels (especially ones that are converted older buildings) there are problems, in this case the worst one was NO AIR CONDITIONING and bearing in mind that my visit was the last of the hot weeks before the weather broke, this was a major problem. Other problems were a toilet seat that would not stay open as it had been fixed to rest against the touilet handle. Sensible??? The bedside light did not work so I checked whether it was the bulb, the light itself or the socket. I reported the faulty socket to reception on my first morning, but when I left after 4 nights, nothing had been done about it, although the electrician was rfeported to have paid a visit.
Breakfast good, especially as eggs are done to order, so no rubber "delicacies". Dinner also good, but make sure to dine from the Table d'hote menu, as the a la carte is grossly overpriced, albeit with large portions. Also make sure to book your table beorehand, as on my second night I was forced to take an 8pm booking. I got there early (in hope), but did not sit down until after 8.30 and with slow service it was after 10pm when I left the dining room. Other nights I dined at 7.30 and left at a sensible time.
The view from rthe dining room is over the Dee estuary and is spectaular. You may not think that the lit manufacturing plants of Runcorn and Widnes are very exciting, but believe me, they do have their own kind of romance.
For a change, the bathroom (apart from the loo eat) was quite good, although the shower/bath tap took a bit of working out. The side of the bath itself was really too high, especially for an older or infirm person who could easily have slipped and hit their head on the washbasin surround. Plenty of shelf space, although the hook on the back of the door had given up the ghost. I did not use the sports facilities, but looking throgh the glass, the swimming pool , while not olympic sized, was long enough for about 8-10 strokes each way.
I would stay there again, but in the hope that the problems had been ironed out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Clive R

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feed back. By telling us what you liked about your stay you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I was delighted to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us recently I will pass on your positive comments to the rest of the Team.

I have also noted your additional comments concerning the bathroom and broken lamp that wasn't repaired or replaced during your stay, or that you were not offered a fan for your room during the recent hot weather and would like to apologize we are not a converted older building but no we don’t have air conditioning in our bedrooms only our public areas and a fan would of helped a little.

I can assure you that the maintenance issues will be ironed out and would like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention we hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We found a family room which was very good accommodation.
The staff did not excel in making you feel welcome. There was no lift to the ground floor - that we could find, which made carrying luggage and a small child difficult. It was exceedingly warm and no air conditioning which made the room very hot over night.
The swimming pool was excellent and the food in the restaurant very good.

Room Tip: In this very hot weather ask if there are family rooms above the lower ground floor, as uncomfortabl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Doreen M

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor

I was pleased that you found the family room very good accommodation and the swimming pool excellent and food in the restaurant very good.

I would like to apologise that you were not offered assistance with your luggage to the family room or offered a fan in the extremely warm weather we were having whilst you stayed with us I hope that this doesn't deter you from staying with us in the future.

Take a look at our website for the many planned events and promotions that take place through out the year.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed for one night just to try it out really. We were pleasantly surprised.
The position is excellent, lots of outdoor space and good views.
The room was very good for a 3 star hotel, spacious and clean. The bathroom was rather outdated but again, clean with no cracks, sanitary 'chips' or other down points we have encountered in 4 and 5 star hotels in the past. Towels (an important quality standard for me) were of good quality. The bed was large and comfortable, however I would strongly advise the management to address the poor quality of the pillows and quilts which very much let the standards down.
The service in the restaurant was good. The food at dinner and breakfast however was just above average due, in my opinion, to the excess quantity of cooking oil used in the preparation. If this is addressed then the food would be good as it was very tasty, just too greasy! The continental breakfast selection on display during our stay needs serious attention.
It is however a good place to stay for exploring Cheshire and north Wales and we would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Standard double with balcony was very good - suspect the superior room would be excellent
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear JScrowston

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you found us to be excellent value for money and that you were pleasantly surprised whilst enjoying an overnight stay with us.

I will be discussing the points you raised concerning the pillows and quilts with the Head Housekeeper along with the comments concerning dinner and breakfast with the Head Chef & our Food Service Manager, by telling us what you liked or disliked about your stay you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

As you mentioned we are so ideally placed for exploring Chester, Wales and all that the Northwest has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, have a look at our website for the many planned events that take place through out the year.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the hotel a lot during a weekend in Cheshire. The hotel is ideally placed to visit Chester and the surrounding area. We had a lovely greeting when we arrived and this reflected the attitude of the staff over the two days. Although the room was a bit dated it was big, clean and comfortable. Air conditioning not that great but the hot weather at the time was exceptional. Breakfast was fine, served promptly but not so keen on buffet style. Did not use leisure facilities but heard good things about them. Overall would say we had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: July 2013
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear GiffordB

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend stay with us, I agree with you we are ideally located to visit Chester and the surrounding area .

I was also pleased to read that you recieved a lovely greeting on your arrival and that you feel that this reflected the attitude of the staff over your two days with us, I will pass these comments on to all the team here at our next team meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Whenever I am in or around the Cheshire area I will always stay at this hotel. Great management and staff. Great rooms and facilities.
this time I took my wife and son and they couldn't, do enough for us, from recommending places to visit even lending my son a play station and games.
the views from this hotel are amazing.

Room Tip: The executive suites are brilliant, and most bedrooms are of excellent quality and all are of a good...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dennis D

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you, your wife and son enjoyed another enjoyable break with us recently.

Thank you for the comments great Management, Staff, Rooms and facilities I will be delighted to pass them on to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

Have a look at our website for the tempting offers and promotions that you and your family may enjoy this summer.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kieran McCabe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frodsham
The Old Hall Hotel
Royal Hotel
Royal Hotel
#38 of 99 in Liverpool
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Best Western Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!