Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure facilitiesswimming poolwestern hotelsmersey estuaryfamily roomleisure clubexecutive roombit datedchester zoosauna and steam roomnorth walesrestaurant staffdouble bedevening meallovely hotelenjoyable stayan overnight stay
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I suppose this review is a little different as I'm still in the Hotel, its 5am and Im unable to sleep in a very hot un air conditioned room. Ok where to start... No Air Con, no iron in the room, no Sky Tv anywhere in the Hotel ( so no chance of seeing any of the cricket ). No mini bar or fridge in the room, decor in room shabby and dated, bathroom worse. Bed small and uncomfortable, bed side light not working. I'm struggling to think how I will spend another night here however my Girlfriend bought me this as a "Treat" so it looks like we are stuck with it.
Apart from the room being poor the views are pretty good - if you ignore what looks like a Chemical Works, but the hotel is in the middle of nowhere ! If your thinking of doing the Chester thing... It's a 15 min walk to the station then a short train ride then a walk into the centre, or a £25 taxi ride each way...£50 on your night before you start.
As I said we are here for 2 nights and we are about 18 hours in so it may get better and if it does I will comment on it as that is only fair.... It has to be said though the whole place has that Alan Partridge feel to it, and I'm not holding out much hope for the Leisure Club we will be sampling later on, however I may be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Alanpart
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear Alanpart

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience during your recent stay here at the Best Western Hotel.

We strive every day to provide a superior customer experience, I am sorry that we were unable to do that for you. Our quiet rural location on top of Frodsham Hill with the many attractions that the Northwest and Wales have to offer suits the majority of our guests who return for that reason time and time again.

We are constantly upgrading and refurbishing the facilties here at the Hotel within the boundaries of financial restrictions and will continue to do so.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here last weekend with a kgb deal. Having read the reviews, we can only agree with what everyone else has said.

The hotel is in the village of Frodsham, tucked away in the hills. There is a large car park so we had no problem finding a space.

Check-in was a breeze and the staff are all very friendly and polite. They provided towels in the room if you wanted to use the on-site swimming pool.

Our room was on the ground floor and had a view of the river. The room itself is a good size and there is plenty of drawer space. We had specifically requested non- feather bedding and pillows as my fiance is allergic, and these were already made up and on the bed. The bathroom is a tad on the small size and the hooks were missing from the back of the door, so there was nowhere to hang anything. There was a kettle with tea & coffee, which is always great. Additional milk, teabags, etc are available from Reception.

Breakfast was lovely and served in the Hilltops Restaurants. There is a choice of cereals, fresh fruit, cold meats & cheeses, pastries and the full English. The eggs are made to order and then you help yourself to bacon, sausages, beans, etc.

Unfortunately, we didn’t get the opportunity to dine at the restaurant in the evening but there are plenty of choices of restaurants and pubs in Frodsham and the surrounding village of Helsby. We recommend Travellers Rest in Frodsham and The Helsby Arms in nearby Helsby, both of which has also been reviewed on tripadvisor.

Our only downsides are the room location; because it was nearest the entrance to the reception and restaurant, there was noise from the corridor from other guests coming to & from. And the missing hooks from the bathroom as previously mentioned. Both of these have been fed back to the hotel via their in-room feedback form.

All in all, we had a lovely stay here and would highly recommend this for anyone looking to get away for a relaxing break and it’s within easy reach of Chester and Cheshire Oaks Outlet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chicca911
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Chicca911

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. We are so very lucky with our location sat on top of Frodsham Hill yet so close to the many attractions that the North West has to offer.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the missing bathroom hooks I will pass the information on to the maintenance department

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, keep an eye on our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place over the coming months.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

have stayed here many times over the last 5 years,chinese new year,70s night,spanish night ,4th july night,the last last friday 13th july (not unlucky for us)for a summer dinner dance.as usual freindly check in,straight down to hot tub and sauna,steam room.then ready for the evening meal and dance,good food and friendly service,then plenty of dancing.lovely rooms and agood breakfast,very good value.we always look forward to our next stay(it feels like home from home)
thanks tracey for the friendly phone booking

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Hewitt737

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had yet another good time with us recently, and that you have enjoyed many events and nights away with us over the years.

I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, keep an eye on our website we have some fantastic events planned over the coming months.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for just the one night on this visit but we have stayed before. Check in was exceptionally quick and efficient. We went to our room to drop off our bags then headed down to the pool area. This was lovely and very quiet. We ate in the hotel restaurant with a beautiful view. The food was very good but the service was second to none. I worked in hotels many years ago and the attitude of the staff was just how it was when I was in training. Whoever is training your boys and girls does a very good job. They were all courteous and efficient without being obtrusive, a very difficult thing to achieve but they did it. And very nice to see staff in blouses and skirts and shirts and trousers rather than the polo shirt type of uniform favoured by many. Lovely to have butter in a proper dish rather than silly little packets too. We had a lovely quiet nights sleep and a fantastic breakfast the following day with equally good service. Very good value for money, we loved it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salcha66
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Salcha66

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a super stay with us recently. It will give me great pleasure to pass on your positive and kind comments to the rest of the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel. The team here are quite young but we do try to instill in our team the importance of the customer experience while maintaining a friendly comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Arrived in Frodsham and was pleasantly surprised at how quaint and picturesque this town was. We stayed at the Forest Hills Hotel which was situated high above the town and although the landscape was very industrial you could see for miles. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant on the first night and it was very good (we were even given a complimentary bottle of wine with our meal). The service was good and the surroundings were clean and well kept. The following day we went into Frodsham and had a great time looking around all the shops/boutiques/tea rooms etc. which were numerous. The butchers shop in the centre was overflowing into the street and you could see why when you saw the quality of the meat being sold (it's a shame that this is a dying trade now due to supermarkets). We found an excellent Italian restaurant (Amore) on the high street and booked a dinner for the Saturday night. This again was a great night with good food in modern surroundings (although not busy for a Sat) and afterwards we sat and listened to a very good band in the bar. Excellent weekend all round. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HelJohn
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear HelJohn

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent weekend stay with us, It will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills.

We are so very lucky with our lcation and I too agree with you Frodsham really is quite quaint and picturesque.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, have a look at our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place over the coming months.