“Super!”

Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Frodsham
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed for just the one night on this visit but we have stayed before. Check in was exceptionally quick and efficient. We went to our room to drop off our bags then headed down to the pool area. This was lovely and very quiet. We ate in the hotel restaurant with a beautiful view. The food was very good but the service was second to none. I worked in hotels many years ago and the attitude of the staff was just how it was when I was in training. Whoever is training your boys and girls does a very good job. They were all courteous and efficient without being obtrusive, a very difficult thing to achieve but they did it. And very nice to see staff in blouses and skirts and shirts and trousers rather than the polo shirt type of uniform favoured by many. Lovely to have butter in a proper dish rather than silly little packets too. We had a lovely quiet nights sleep and a fantastic breakfast the following day with equally good service. Very good value for money, we loved it.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salcha66
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Salcha66

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a super stay with us recently. It will give me great pleasure to pass on your positive and kind comments to the rest of the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel. The team here are quite young but we do try to instill in our team the importance of the customer experience while maintaining a friendly comfortable atmosphere.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, keep an eye on our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place over the coming months.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Forest Hills Hotel

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Arrived in Frodsham and was pleasantly surprised at how quaint and picturesque this town was. We stayed at the Forest Hills Hotel which was situated high above the town and although the landscape was very industrial you could see for miles. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant on the first night and it was very good (we were even given a complimentary bottle of wine with our meal). The service was good and the surroundings were clean and well kept. The following day we went into Frodsham and had a great time looking around all the shops/boutiques/tea rooms etc. which were numerous. The butchers shop in the centre was overflowing into the street and you could see why when you saw the quality of the meat being sold (it's a shame that this is a dying trade now due to supermarkets). We found an excellent Italian restaurant (Amore) on the high street and booked a dinner for the Saturday night. This again was a great night with good food in modern surroundings (although not busy for a Sat) and afterwards we sat and listened to a very good band in the bar. Excellent weekend all round. Would definitely stay again.

3  Thank HelJohn

Dear HelJohn

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent weekend stay with us, It will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills.

We are so very lucky with our lcation and I too agree with you Frodsham really is quite quaint and picturesque.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, have a look at our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place over the coming months.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked this hotel because it was within a convenient location between Manchester and a family member that we were visiting in Wales. Little did we know that it was a little oasis on top off the hill.

The staff were all very nice and helpful and the meals at the restaurant were delicious. Because the hotel is on the hill away from others it is very quiet as well. The hotel also has a gym, and swimming pool though we didn't use the pool as it was raining (wettest June in Britain, joy!). The hotel is also very well placed to other attractions around the midlands and north wales.

Though it was only one night it was pleasant, and a nice start to our trip in in the uk. Would stay there again if in the area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank two_tees

Dear two_tees

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us recently.

I will be pleased to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

We are so very lucky to be so ideally placed on top of Frodsham Hill yet only a few minutes away from the major motorway links.

I'm glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and that it was a nice start to your trip in the uk.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed just the one night on our way home from South Wales and overall were very happy at our choice. Lovely room which was spotless and had all you could need with great views down the Mersey and across to Liverpool Airport on the horizon. Check-in and check-out were efficient and friendly. Didn't have time to have a swim but nice to have that option in the health club which seemd to be well-used the following morning. Adequate breakfast but see comments below. I would certainly return as we slept very well and were refreshed for our long journey the next day but three little things annoyed me and all could be easily improved:

1. The complimentary shower gel and shampoo/conditioner are exactly the same colour and anyone over 40 who needs reading glasses will not be able to tell the difference in the shower. My head hair now does not have BO and the hairs on my legs are soft and shiny!

2. Despite the hotel info in the room stating that the bar was open till 11pm with night porter service available thereafter, when I wandered into reception at 10pm (Sunday) and asked where the bar was I was told it was closed. My order was taken and about 10 mins later my drink was delivered. I got the impression it was a bit of an imposition asking for a drink once the bar had closed early so I drank up and went to bed. There were others sitting in reception nursing drinks and I can only presume they were asked if they wanted a final drink before the bar closed before I arrived. I'm guessing the hotel was quiet that night so staff were let away but to see the restaurant and bar both in darkness at 10pm was a bit unusual.

3. At breakfast my order was taken for a cooked breakfast minus fried bread and tomato - it came with tomato which is not really a problem but what irked me was that it was perched on and soaking into a HALF slice of black pudding! I've never experienced rationing of black pudding before. Being in the north of England I thought there was plenty! Just the thought of someone in the kitchen cutting a slice of black pudding in half before serving appeals to my sense of humour!

But I wouldn't want to end on a negative note as this was a good experience and one we would repeat if in the area - I'd maybe just bring my own Scottish black pudding though!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear skelghyl

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that overall you were happy and that you would return and stay with us.

I have also noted your comments concerning the complimentary shampoo & shower gel, the bar hours and your breakfast and will be discussing these points at our next team brief, as cutomer feedback is very important to us and gives us the opportunity to implement improvements.

It was also good to read that it was a good experience and one that you would repeat again when your next in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel,difficult to find but well worth it.Beautiful location with excellent views,although the rain obscured the view sometimes.Easy to get to Chester.
Well worth a stay at this hotel,room was good,food was excellent,didn't try the swimming pool so can't give an impression of this.
All in all -EXCELLENT

Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Peter C

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had a excellent stay with us, it will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team here at Best Western Forest Hills.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, keep an eye on our website for the many planned events and promotions happening in the next few months.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is worthy of the 5 star rating of Excellent that is the maximum that Tripadvisor allows. From start to finish we enjoyed our stay and this was made all the better by the cost of the stay being very reasonable. I know in these austere times that people cannot always afford these short breaks and it seemed a shame to me that the hotel wasn't or didn't appear to be full as I think more people should visit the Forest Hills Hotel and experience what it has to offer. We arrived at around 5pm and the checkin was smooth and informative. First impressions of the hotel is that the parking is more than ample, the exterior looks in good condition and reception area clean, inviting and friendly.

Our room had excellent amenities and was very clean and smelt fantastic. As this is a no smoking hotel (there are signs all around explaining the fact) and being as we are both none smokers it was very nice to find the room in such great condition. The view was the most amazing view I have seen with extended for miles over rolling countryside. I have added a photo taken from the room - sorry for the weather as it was raining at the time and rather cloudy which was a shame. One other point i'd like to make about the room was the TV. Usually they are slow to operate and the remote's don't always work or the battery compartment missing etc but this TV was the best i'd ever operated. Very quick to react, many, many channels to watch etc so well done on this part. Another interesting fact was the information pack in the room - this held all the necessary details of the hotel and some times we have stayed away and it hasn't been present or maybe lacking in the necessary information but this covered everything in fine detail which was useful.

Out and about in the hotel everything was shining and looked brand new. All of the fixtures and fittings look like they came from a 5* hotel and i have seen many many worse 4* and 5* establishments than this 3* offering.

There are also leisure facilities which we used on the 1st day and consisted of a swimming pool, sauna etc and was fantastic. The man covering reception of this facility was also very friendly and worth a mention. There is also a bar downstairs overlooking the pool which serves food and drinks and although didn't eat at this bar did have a drink and again very friendly and helpful staff. In fact a special mention to the girl serving during our particular visit - sorry didnt catch her name but when we asked for ice for the room nothing was too much trouble she was even going to fetch some and take it up to the room for us - we said it was ok we'd wait for it in reception but still this kind of service would keep customers happy. It certainly did us. Thank-you

We had booked in for an 8pm sitting at the restaurant and we were sat near the 'hilltops view' which was nice. The food was fantastic and although there wasn't many people eating on this occasion there would have been enough staff to cope should it have been. The only hiccup came during payment time when the bill was incorrect but this was sorted with ease and upon checkout the next day it was correct.

Sleep quality was top class and the room was dark with thick blackout curtains and although there were people staying next door to us we heard nothing all night and slept very well.

Breakfast the next morning was also pleasant. Staff were friendly and efficient and we were seated again with views overlooking the hillside which was lovely. The quality and choice of the breakfast was good as well with special types of egg being prepared on demand for customers should they so wish like poached etc.

Sadly it was then checkout time (11am) and this was swift and easy.

So in conclusion... This hotel is well worth a visit and if we were to choose to stay in the area again then we would stay without question. It is well managed and friendly and although large in size you still get the feel of being special and looked after like you would in a smaller boutique style establishment. Again very well done.

Room Tip: Room 220 has fantastic views overlooking the rolling countryside
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear RingO and Crystal

Thank you for posting for recent review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you believe that we are an amazing hotel and a little Hidden Gem.
We are very lucky to be in such a lovely location located on top of Frodsham Hill yet so close to the attractions that the Northwest & North Wales have to offer.

All of us here at the Best Western Forest Hills are committed to ensuring every guest that steps through the front enjoys our facilities and hospitality in a warm and friendly environment.

It will give me great pleasure to pass on your kind and positive comments to all of the team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, keep an eye on our website for the planned events and promotions that will be taking place over the coming months.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed Saturday, 16th June, 2012. Lovely welcome at reception - even had red carpet out but think that was probably for a wedding! Excellent spacious room (222). Good well prepared and presented breakfast. Also there for Fathers Day lunch on 17th which was excellent - even though the restaurant was busy our party were very well looked after. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: We had 222 which was quiet with a lovely view (once the fog lifted!)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at Best Western Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear Gillian

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us over the weekend and that you found everything enjoyable, I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

We are very lucky with our location and the views are quite breath taking.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, keep an eye on our website for the many events and promotions that we have planned over the coming months.

Kieran McCabe

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frodsham
Holiday Inn Runcorn
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
Days Inn Chester East
Days Inn Chester East
#36 of 44 in Chester

Been to Best Western Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!