“Great day out!”

Catton Hall
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Frodsham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Set in over 200 acres of beautiful Cheshire countryside, Catton Hall is the North-West's Premier Outdoor Activity Venue! Try your hand at various country sports and adrenaline activities which are sure to leave you feeling totally exhilarated. Now come along and learn something new whilst having serious fun along the way!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I was bought some vouchers for clay pigeon shooting, something I have long wanted to try, and also had surprise archery and falconry. I finally used them yesterday 12th October. Not the best day to spend outdoors, but it did not rain. From booking my day to going home at the end of it the staff were superb. I have a slight mobility issue, but managed to do everything. The clay pigeon was awesome. Our trainer Phil, was really helpful. You are in groups of 6 and take turns. It was enormous fun. I was rubbish at the archery, odd as I have done this before, but still enjoyed it and the trainer was really patient. Falconry? What can I say? Birds supplied and flown by Vale Royal Falconry I think. Absolutely magical. Very informative talk, chance to have the birds fly to you glove, assorted birds of prey including owls. A smashing day. Can also do rifle shooting and quad bikes, but saving those for next time. The only small criticism is the food in the shooting lodge. Burgers, sausages, chips, sandwiches. There is proper catering for corporate outings I think, but it would be nice if there were more healthy options for others, especially if trying to not eat much carbohydrate.

Visited October 2013

Derby, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Brilliant day!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

A great day of clay pigeon shooting and quad biking. Fabulous patient tuition, with loads of fun! Good hospitality too!

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great company Day out”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent Day. Especially Quad Biking and Clay pigeon shooting.
Special thanks to Geof Baker, excelent instructor.

Bentley Outing 11/07/13 - Paul

Visited July 2013
cheshire
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“What a brilliant afternoon. Clay shooting and quad biking, great fun”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked a clay shooting and nine mile quad bike afternoon. We were well looked after by Josh. Starting at 1330, my three brothers and I plus two others were coached at clay shooting on a wide variety of stands. Josh was excellent at coaching the participants to shoot the clays. We shot 50 clays and spent around 150 minutes. Everything was provided in the price.

Then off to the quad bikes. 125cc automatic Yamaha bikes which were easy to master. We were provided with the mandatory talk about safety, togged up in overalls, helmet and offered gloves and glasses. Then after a short distance proving our ability to drive, we then gunned the bikes into all sorts of terrains - hills, ruts, mud, water, grass and dust. We had a really fun time.

All of the above for only £100 per head. Very highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank StuartCheshire
Preston
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great instructor, would highly recommend this place”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went clay pigeon shooting and it was a great experience a big thank you to our instructor. I apologise now for not knowing his name i think i was that nervous.... but he was one of the younger instructors. They group you in 5's and as a couple we joined with a stag do, good group of lads. Having never even looked at a gun i was really apprehensive, but it was amazing, and myself and hubby even hit the same but i think i probably did get some assistance...

Would not hesitate to recommend this place.

Many thanks