“Lovely atmosphere”

Restaurant At The Old Hall Hotel
Ranked #25 of 51 Restaurants in Frodsham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Housed in a charming 16th-century hotel in Cheshire, Old Hall Hotel restaurant offers fine traditional English cuisine. Set in picturesque countryside, the restaurant provides a sophisticated setting in which to dine. Full of character, The Old Hall Hotel oozes traditional English charm with elegant decor, log fires, original beams and classical design. Traditional British cuisine is the key focus, with delicious dishes like slow roasted belly pork with caramelised apples and parsnip purée, Cheshire cheese and onion pie or Old Hall fish pie with shellfish. Classic favourites on the dessert list include sweets like raspberry Eton mess or warm pear and almond tart. There is a good selection of wine to complement your meal, along with a range of locally sourced cheeses and homemade fruit chutney. Offering traditional British dining and a warm, relaxing ambience, The Old Hall Hotel and Restaurant in Cheshire is on the main street in Frodsham.
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went to the Old Hall with a group of 6 colleagues as our Christmas Team night out and had a lovely evening. It’s a really cosy and inviting place and feels very intimate due to there being different rooms to eat and drink in and open fires in quite a few of them.

We all ordered from a 3 course Christmas Set Menu which was (I think) about £25 each. I thought this was very good value. We all enjoyed our food but I can’t remember what everyone ordered so I’ll just talk about mine!

Best part of the food for me by far was the starter – I had smoked salmon which came on crusty bread with some kind of lemony, creamy (possibly crème fraiche..??) dressing. It was so tasty. I think the bread may have been rubbed with garlic which you wouldn’t expect to go very well with salmon but it was gorgeous. For main course I went for the roast pork dinner which was nice, but the pork was a little dry and the crackling was so hard I couldn’t bite through it! Still nice though and the portion sizes were very generous. They also brought a couple of bowls of chips out for us to share just in case there wasn’t enough food! For dessert I went for the chocolate cheesecake which was very nice.

All in all, a lovely evening with nice enough food. I would definitely go back though for the cosy atmosphere and the good service alone.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Thirteen of us descended on the Old Hall in Frodsham for our Christmas lunch. We were welcomed by a lovely real fire and drinks in the lounge. We had preordered lunch and it was
excellent. Five choices for each course and all presented beautifully. I'm sure we will be back next time we have a celebration.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

we booked for 1pm and as usual we were late due to the traffic on runcorn/widnes bridge we found the meal was quite nice and in nice surroundings and enjoyed our meal

Reviewed October 27, 2012

this hotel is stuck in a time warp,while the hotel/resturant is ok it need to get into the modern world, food expensive for what it is,service very slow, but what ever you do dont just go for a drink after 2.30pm, why? well if you are not eating in the resturant you wont get a drink after this time, we went on a sunday afternoon had a beer in frodsham ,then went into the old hall
at 2.10pm, no one at the bar had to go and find someone, ok can we order a drink while we look at the menu?, no sorry if you are not eating then we cant serve you with a drink and by the way you have 8 minutes to place your food order, did we stay? what do you think.
2012? not at the old hall

1  Thank eivetsrednow
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice restaurant and food but price indicates that it should be excellent rather than just nice. Can not say that there was anything wrong but it's not that special either.

1  Thank ChesterDora