“Good Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Frodsham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: post code WA6 7AR
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Four of us went out for Sunday lunch and we found the Queens Head very popular with plenty of people sitting inside and out. Three of us had the roast beef and hubby had the burger and chips. We all enjoyed the meals. The service was fantastic. The place had a great atmosphere and felt warm and friendly.Would defiantly recommend it.

2  Thank Yvonne M

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Although we have been to the Queens Head on a number of occasions for both lunch and evening meals, we thought we would try one of the theme nights, which on this occasion was the Steak and Red wine evening last Tuesday.

My friend Carol, and I both like our food served fresh, hot and well presented - we were not disappointed!! This was by far the best cooked steak we have had in years - I do eat steak almost every time we eat out. The chips were red hot, the service was great and the young man who served us could not have done any more to ensure we were enjoying the evening.

We also noticed other diners in the restaurant were getting equally good service and nothing was too much trouble.

Thoroughly enjoyed this night and we will be back again very soon.

This pub/restaurant is 50 miles away for me but it is well worth meeting my friend and going here for a meal.

1  Thank Canniball
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stumbled upon this little gem around 2 years ago and have visited at least once a month since!

The food is of such a high standard and having dined in Mitchelin Star restaurants before, I'd prefer to back here any day if not just for the amazing value for money, the delicious food, welcome and friendly staff and the beautiful quaint, "shabby chic" decor!

Highly recommend this to anyone who loves a bit of scrumptious freshly cooked pub grub and not the boil in a bag set ups we get from like of Hungrey Horse etc.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loved the Queens until last time i went in, know it's been through a few changes so fingers crossed gets back on course.

Last time I went in was quiet, still took 4 / 5 mins to get served at an empty bar, and not the usual high standards.

Been a very good pub for food and drinks for a number of years under previous ownership / management so fingers crossed, because the time before they took over it was full of bellends and even had a boxing machine, good lord

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been here a few last year and never had a bad experience so when some of my friends invited me to the 'Ladies night' they have on I was looking forward to a lovely evening.

Once again I was not let down by this place!
The food was freshly cooked, generous portions and really tasty! We all enjoyed our meals!
The cocktails were lovely to and the staff where more than happy to help with our needs as well as making us feel relaxed.
I know the pub has recently changed hands but as far as I can see its still the warm, welcoming, friendly little pub I like to visit!