The Old Hall Hotel
$72
$70
$87
$81
All reviewscoal firefinger sandwichesfull englishflat screen tvshort staystayed here for one nightlovely hotelan evening mealfood was lovelyfollowing morningtea and coffeebathsofaensuiteruncornheatingchester
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I wanted a place with a lot of history and one that has kept most of it's period features. The staff that I encountered were very helpful and friendly. It is a family run business that offers you personal service on a level that the larger chain hotels can't
Everything about this hotel for me, was what I was looking for. Tea or Coffee facilities in your room for that early morning coffee or tea fix or late night. Private bathroom, TV, good size bedroom and I had the suite so I also had a living room.
They offer room service during their meal times, if you don't feel like leaving your room on any given evening, which I used twice in my 10 day stay..
My suite was very quaint, clean, and comfortable and met all my needs. Conveniently located on the Main Street of town and within walking distance to buses, shops, pubs, restaurants, and the Sand Stone Trail that can take you up to the top of the Frodsham Hill for spectacular views.
The hotel serves breakfast which was included in the price of my room. They also have lovely rooms for lunch, tea, and supper.
There is a large back garden with a patio area you can have a meal or enjoy a glass of wine.
I will definately book this hotel on my return visits. They have a lot of return guests, so that alone speaks volumes.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank LindyBaby
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We recently attended a private function held at the Old Hall Hotel during which several of us stayed over for the night .

The next day everyone had nothing but prasie for this gem of hotel. The buffet laid on for the party was excellent with some well known dishes such as fresh caught salmon to the more adventurous spicy salads. The head chef was on hand to give a personal service and was extremely sociable and friendly.
Our bedroom No 23 with views over the garden,was spacious, tastefully decorated with a brand new luxurious bathroom . When we all compared our rooms the next day we found all were indivdually decorated and all of us were happy.

This is a real find of hotel and I would recommend it for anyone wanting great food, lovely bedrooms and friendly service

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salesdirectorUk
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I have stayed regularly over a few months due to work commitments. Previously I'd stayed in a Holiday Inn not far away, the Old Hall is a massive improvement over that.

My overall impression is that some rooms are lovely, some are small and chilly. If you get a nice room you get plenty oif space but all the rooms I have tried have been a bit tatty - though they are making ongoing improvements.

It is noisy - on one side from the motorway and on the other from the main street in Frodsham.

The food is good but a bit over-priced and the restaurant is completely lacking in atmosphere.

However the breakfasts are fantastic - 11 out of 10!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I stayed at the Old Hall in Frodsham for my birthday in September 2008. I do live quit local to the Old Hall and have eaten here on many occasion with both family and friends. I have never been disappointed which made choosing here an easy decision. Typically, the Old Hall offered a great meal, relaxing lounge areas and bar to relax afterwards and since it was my birthday, we decided to stay over rather than drive home. *Bonus* the bar stays open as long as your willing to sit and drink.

LOCATION: The Old Hall is situated in the middle of Frodsham which is a little hustle bustle town. Very quaint, nice for a stroll about and bit of a relaxation if your staying locally for a night, possibly a weekend. Not a great deal to to other than that.

STAFF: Staff are fantastic, very welcoming and made great arrangements for my birthday. Very homely and everybody is very welcoming.

FOOD: Meals are great. Some can be a bit pricey however the meals are huge and you did definitely get what you pay for. Starter wise the goats cheese is gorgeous, very filling so have either a smaller main meal or dont eat fora week prior to going :) Main meals vary, steaks are yum and the home made chips are to die for. Couldn't say about desserts as i never get that far......... however they sound divine.

ROOMS: During our stay we booked a suite at the front of the hotel and a four poster room at the rear. Our room was to the rear and was beautiful. Open fire place and cosy chairs. Really mad myself at home during my stay. Bathrooms are great and perfect with a bottle of champagne and lots of bubbles.

Overall, really worth visiting whether its for a meal or a nights stay. A great atmosphere and really homely feeling.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The Old Hall Hotel in Frodsham Cheshire was two 17th century houses made into one in the 18th century which eventualy became the hotel that stands today and has been extended. It sits on the main street through Frodsham and my wife and I booked in for 3 nights. We were in one of the rooms in the extension to the rear so heard no traffic noise from the main street. Having said that, outside to the rear you can hear traffic from the M56 all day long but nothing inside the room. We had a double with a single bed, en suite, The room was beautiful and the bed perfect for a relaxing sleep. Breakfast was good traditional English food. We had one evening dinner which was splendid. The staff and friendly, helpful and curteous. The bar area has three interconnecting rooms, one with an open log fire. Cosy! The only thing I marked down was the value as it was more than we would normaly pay but on the whole it was worth the little extra. There is an extensive car park to the rear. On Thursday mornings the market is held on the hotels side of the street and is worth a browse. Exellent for the M56, and M6, Cheshire, Merseyside and Wales.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple