“Great Indian food with lovely staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Frodsham Tandoori
Ranked #21 of 45 Restaurants in Frodsham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Frodsham Tandoori is a twin dining room Indian restaurant located in the market town of Frodsham. Open weekdays from 5.30 Pm, Saturday from 5.30 Pm and Sunday from 4 pm we serve Tandoori and traditional Indian dishes. Our dining menu offers a range of tasting experiences along with a range of well sourced wines from our extensive wine list. Frodsham Tandoori is available for a range of private parties, celebrations and dining sittings, accommodating tables of 2 to large bookings of 90. A selection of our dishes are created with the use of our Tandoor charcoal-fired clay oven. Our philosophy is to offer great quality food using only the freshest ingredients. We give our guests the opportunity to discover different regional specialities created by the careful addition of fresh herbs and spices.
“Great Indian food with lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've been coming here for years and the food is always good. Everyone I bring here seems to enjoy it. It's also worth noting that it won a hygiene award. Only reason I haven't given it 5 star is 5 star food is a level up from basic Indian cuisine.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Mark W

Frodsham
“Feel ripped off!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Firstly I would like to say We get our takeaways from Frodsham Tandoori quite often and always enjoy it.
However, we visited the buffet tonight with our 3 year old daughter. She had 2 pieces of cucumber and possibly half a poppadum. When we got the bill they charged us £5.95 which we laughed at saying what she ate. The staff member replied with ' that's our price'

Well you have lost our business!

Good luck with attitude like that :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gemuchka
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“Humble Pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

After my last review, I received a response, asking that we re-visit, for a free meal and drink.
This we did, last Friday evening, and what a difference.
We shared an Onion Bhaji, which was a delight, and our main meals were absolutely excellent.
The staff were very friendly, and were keen to hear our thoughts.
Can only thank them for the opportunity to return, and to change our minds.
Can now understand the other excellent reviews.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Andy M
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

We were staying overnight just outside Frodsham and decided to have our evening meal at the Frodsham Tandoori. The staff were welcoming and attentive and were more than happy to accommodate my wife's request for a minor adjustment to her order. The food was nice and full of flavour, however, if you like your food on the hot side, I would recommend that you ask for a little extra heat adding. Overall, whilst not the best Asian restaurant that we have visited, we both enjoyed the food and would visit again if we are ever in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Moreton-in-Marsh, United Kingdom
“Is it Us !!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Picked this restaurant because of the good reviews on TripAdvisor.
It was Tuesday night, and looking through the window put us off, as we had passed another Indian, which looked busy., but the only people in the Frodsham Tandoori were a group of guys who seemed to be reps.
We walked back to the car, but were ambushed by the owner, who persuaded us in.
Popadoms were ok, but the Mango chutney was watery, not good.
On a first visit I always test the restaurant by ordering my favourite, a Prawn Madras.
What I received was like a bowl of soup, more water than anything else, and very little flavour as well.
My girlfriend had the 'signature dish', a chicken dish, which was ok, but nothing to be excited about.
The waiter asked us whether everything was ok, and i said about my dish, and he said he would speak to the Chef/Owner.
He came out of the kitchen, and I was not very sure, but felt that I was being told off, so much for the customer being right, I thought.
I am 52, and have had more Prawn Madras than I could shake a stick at, and I know exactly why it is watery, and that is because the prawns are put in frozen, and there is no other explanation, despite what he said.
They did only charge me £4, for my dish, but I think that was too much.
There are two other Indian restaurants close by, and I can only hope they are better.
You would think with the competition, standards would be higher.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mih18, Manager at Frodsham Tandoori, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
'Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your evening went and we were sorry to hear that your experience did not match our usual high standards, as we feel that it fell short of your expectations we hope to show you that it is not our regular feedback and would like to give you the opportunity for a free main course meal and a drink each for both of you''.