“Very average”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ciampino
Belfast
“Very average”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Booked by accident. Dreadful walk from the station to the hotel, they really need to run a pick up service. This is in a run down part of town and we stayed for two nites. The rooms are fine and the a/c good. The pool area is great as are the reception staff but that is it. Poor location and a pretty run down hotel with an only adequate breakfast. This establishment is grabbing on to the coat tails of Ryan air to give it a second chance, otherwise it would be closed.

Room Tip: Pretty run down. Look at alternatives before you book.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ciampino Hotel does not offer any service to assist its guests. I had made an on line booking with this hotel and so had paid up front. When I arrived at the Ciampino railway station alone and late at night there were no taxis even though I rang several numbers. I rang Ciampino hotel twice asking for help to get there but they said they couldn't assist. Is it possible that NOBODY at the hotel had a car to come and pick me up? I was alone in the dark at the railway station with a large suitcase and no taxi was available from anywhere! This is a very dangerous and vulnerable position for a woman travelling alone. The hotel made no effort to help me so I had to go to another hotel (which did send a car to collect me) and pay for 2 nights accommodation. I would NEVER BOOK THE CIAMPINO HOTEL AGAIN!

Room Tip: Just don't book this hotel. It does not offer any service!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Margaret M

Travelers are raving about these Ciampino hotels

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner as we had an early flight home. I wouldn't book again and would have preferred to have stayed in Rome and paid for a taxi to the airport. We stayed in room 120 which was clean but with toilet paper stuck in to holes, an air con vent that has made all the wall wet and a broken camp style bed with ants in it. Yes we only paid £50 for the night but I would still expect better than this. Friendly staff made up for a crappy stay. I would not recommend this hotel and like I said worth buying extra to travel in from better hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Alexbarker
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed July 15, 2013

For those travelers who know the experience of carting around heavy luggage on the Italian trains, this will speak to you.
My sister and I needed to get from the farm where we were working as WWOOFERS to Rome. We had an early morning Ryan Air flight and I wanted to stay in Ciampino to avoid taking an even earlier morning TerraVision bus. Ciampino Hotel was PERFECT!
We arrived at the Ciampino train station after a grueling train ride with no air conditioning. I almost died of laughter when I hauled the suitcases down the stairs and then up the stairs on the other side of the tracks. I was greeted by a friendly taxi driver and was happy to jump into the Mercedes van and crank up the AC. I spoke in Italian, but the taxi driver was happy to use English. The Taxi ride was 9 euros (based on 3 pieces of luggage).

We walked into the hotel and it was modern and clean at the end of a small street. I instantly saw the ice cream case and asked the reception to add two chocolate magnum bars to the room tab, he smiled and obliged. For 65 euros, the value of the stay was incredible!!

When he said the words "you are welcome to enjoy the pool after you settle in", I saw the instant excitement in my sisters eyes. A pool? How magnificent on this hot day in Rome!

The room was very clean and simple. It featured a double bed (watch the corners, it has a wooden frame and will give you a nice bruise (from experience) if you cut it too close). We used the room to spread out and repack and organize (my sister was finishing up from studying abroad, so we literally had baggage). The air conditioning worked very well. There was a desk, refrigerator, and smaller third twin bed (since it was the larger twin room).

The hotel has a restaurant (music to our ears because we wanted something close and easy). The pizza di verdure was delicious! The prices were so inexpensive, so I ordered a primi and secondi.

I was highly impressed. The shuttle service starts at 5:00am. We took the 6:00am shuttle and had no problems. The shuttle is a 5 euro charge and the Ciampino Roma Aeroperto is about 10 minutes away.

Great experience for tired, worn down travelers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Despite being close to the airport (literally next to it) it cost us 20euro in taxi fare from dropping off our rental car to the hotel. However, they do have an airport shuttle for 5euro per person that runs at specific times (book an earlier one as ours was late). Rooms very old - difficult to shut windows and therefore have working air con! Bathroom very old.

• Stayed July 2013
Madrid
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel is just by the airfield, at the opposite side of the terminal: a taxi ride takes 5 minutes (20 Euros!), although during the morning they ride a shuttle every half hour (recommended to book: 4 euros). The staff is helpful and speak very good english. The rooms although small and basic are air conditioned and clean. If you book on the internet ignore the option of booking transport to/from aiport: it seems obsolete.

Room Tip: As far away from the reception as possible
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed here two nights recently. The room and bathroom was lovely - very nice, clean and good supply of toiletries, replaced daily. There were a few issues. The first night, using the hotel restaurant - the food expensive, it was not good value for money - I ordered the Big Beef Burger - and expected something great. Instead, the plate arrived with a beef burger and some fries, no salad or anything else. Also, when ordering drinks, I ordered a Coke which was three Euros which was fine. Later, before going to my room I ordered another Coke, this time the glass was bigger and was the same price as the previous smaller Coke which doesn't make sense.

The reception staff are friendly and knowledgeable of the area which was helpful and the hotel shuttle bus was great to get us to the Metro Station. The restaurant staff could have been a little friendlier however, Breakfast was also not too great, the bacon was disgusting! If you want to take anything back to your room then you have to pay for this. The staff also constantly watch what you are taking as if to say you've had enough already. There could have been a bit more choice for breakfast, a better selection of cheeses and meats. The coffee and juice on offer was very nice.

The swimming pool was FREEZING and also not deep enough, I went in for a little bit and discovered all sorts of things floating around, lots of dead bugs and there was also a packet of tissues floating around. As soon as these were noticed I got out of the pool. The lounge area chairs were also not very comfortable.

Overall, if you want basic then this is it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciampino
Residenza d'Epoca Pietra di Ponente
#4 of 6 in Ciampino
Meeting Hotel
Meeting Hotel
#739 of 1,257 in Rome

Been to CiampinoHotel? Share your experiences!