“Treasure Cay resort and marina”

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It is really too bad that this resort has deteriorated. Many, many maitenance issues. Great location for boaters, divers and beach goers. The beach is absolutely beautiful and worth the trip. Do not bother to get groceries in Marsh Harbour, the prices at the grocery store here is good. Expensive, but we were expecting that since we were on an island. Also have bakery, golf cart and bike rentals and restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Treasure Cay Resort is one of the most beautiful and relaxing resorts I've been to. We were treated so well from the moment we arrived until the moment we unfortunately had to leave. Amazing staff and wonderful people outside the resort as well. We had a lovely, airy room with a balcony overlooking the amazing marina. The food was delicious and I really appreciate chef Noels' culinary expertise. The beaches and the water were the most amazingly beautiful sights that I have seen anywhere and "no crowds"! The prices are a little bit higher but not too bad. They have to account for everything being shipped in. There is a grocery store, liquor store, laundry mat, post office, Dr.s office and Police station right on the premises just to list a few. There is the ability to rent golf carts by the hour or day. This way you can do a little more traveling around to other beaches and restaurants without having to rent a car. Of course, taxi's are also available. My husband and I can't wait to get back to Treasure Cay. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so memorable! Special thanks to Avis in the front office, "Papa" Russell our taxi driver, Patti our favorite server and Chef Noel for such delicious meals. I wish I could name all of the amazing people that made our stay unforgettable but I won't be able to fit them all in. You know who you are!! Thanks again!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Berns282
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed at Treasure Cay Beach Marina & Golf Resort many times and each time I'm there, I never want to leave! The staff is absolutely wonderful and I just love them all. They always remember my name every time I come back and they always make me feel right at home. Stephen, the hotel manager is so friendly and welcoming as well. He does a fantastic job! The food in the restaurant is top notch! I had the filet mignon one night and it was better than Ruth Chris steak house, plus the food at the beach bar is outstanding!! I could eat the cracked conch every day!! I also love the yummy frozen drinks at the beach bar...can't beat a nice slushy drink while looking at the most gorgeous view in the world. The sand is powdery white, the water is crystal clear blue and there are not a lot of people on the beach, which I love! The rooms are great too....they have all the amenities you need...kitchen, washer/dryer, terrace, etc....I have been here every year for the Treasure Cay Billfish Tournament, which is a fantastic way to spend time with family and friends. All the events the hotel puts on for the tournament are great for families....sandcastle building and instruction, crab races, music every night, bon fires on the beach, bar-b-ques and so much more!! I will come back to Treasure Cay every year! I wish I could live here very day!! Thank you Stephen and staff for a wonderful vacation!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank paulaisfun
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit that overlooks the marina last week and had the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation ever. I would recommend this place to anyone and make sure to ask for Avis Miller (Hotel Manager) she is so courteous and willing to meet any request you have. The units were very well maintained and the staff was very friendly. The only negative comment is the island “Pricey” due to everything having to be shipped in but other than this I would highly suggest if you want to get away and relax for a week you have got to try this place and be sure to ask for Avis she is phenomenal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NcIke
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised. Although the hotel is a bit older, the staff and management made a special effort and that is very noticeable.
Avis, the hotel manager, was fantastic and I like to give my special thanks to her!
The room was clean, light and airy. I was impressed that the new management also pulled together some special 4th July celebrations. Especially the DJ at the beach at Coco Beach bar was a great idea.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was recently at the Treasure Cay Beach, Marina and Golf Resort and I had an amazing time! The staff was very friendly and Accommodating, the Restaurants and Marina were very clean and classy, and the overall welcoming feeling was incredible. I got the chance to meet and GM of the property at the Pizza night event and he was very approachable and spent time with all the guest. Pizza night was the night I also got to meet all the other visitors, home owners, boaters and locals all having a great time in one place. This was a great night and it was just the first day of an amazing 5 night Stay!!!! Ps The Food and atmosphere at Coco's on the Beach was also a great place to be on the Property.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are always Great
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was my first visit to the Bahamas. I had heard that the Bahamas were over-developed and commercialized so I was hesitant to visit. We decided to try one of the outer islands and Treasure Cay Resort was available to exchange through our home resort. I was pleasantly surprised by Abaco and Treasure Cay. We were there the week of June 15-22, 2013. The beaches at Abaco were very beautiful, on par with the Caymans and Turks and Caicos, and that's saying a lot. TC resort is on the marina with no ocean side units. The marina was probably less than 50% full and the boat traffic in and out was very moderate. It is a short walk across the street to the beach and there is a restaurant (Coco Beach Bar) on the beach. There are plenty of amenities on site (grocery store, car, bike, and golf cart rentals, hardware store with fishing tackle, bakery, post office, and laundromat) so one doesn't need to travel far for supplies (the next closest town is Marsh Harbor 20 miles away anyway). There are boat rentals, fishing charters, boat tours, and a dive shop at the marina. We took Prozac (the name of the boat!) to Man O' War Cay and Elbow Key one day which was a nice excursion. There is a lighthouse at Hope Town on Elbow Cay. The tour operator said the lighthouse was "a 20 minute walk" but only if you can walk on water! It's across the channel and wasn't obvious how to get there so we missed it. Another group on the tour took a water taxi across to it. That was my biggest complaint of that excursion that we were pretty much left to figure it out on our own. Prices are expensive as is common to the islands (a $17 hamburger comes to mind) so we bought groceries (which were still overpriced) to offset that expense some. The Spinnaker restaurant was good but not worth the inflated prices (that's where we got the hamburger; you can imagine how much a steak cost). The Treasure Sands restaurant is nicer for the price and is right on the beach and even has a pool. I enjoyed the local Kalik beer but buy it in the grocery store so you don't pay $6 a bottle at the bar. The resort staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were dated but nice enough, maybe 3 1/2 stars, but clean with a kitchen and separate loft-style bedroom upstairs. Our AC went out one day so they let us stay in a vacant room for the night; by the next day it was working fine again after they worked on it. The golf carts were $40 per day, bicycles were only $7 per day, and a car $75 per day. We rented fishing poles for $20 from the marina and found a mangrove estuary to fish near the front gate. That was a blast; we caught several sharks, and snappers. We kept the fish and cooked them up one night. The island was very quiet, uncrowded, and secluded. Even when we went on the boat excursions or diving we rarely saw more than 5-6 boats on the whole ocean at a time! We rented a car one day and drove south to try to see the endangered parrot. We never saw a parrot but stopped at Little Harbor for lunch at a seaside café called Pete’s Pub and Gallery where you can get a great grouper sandwich. Most people arrived by boat in this well off the beaten trail spot. One could imagine Jimmy Buffet using this place to write “Cheeseburger in Paradise!” It was worth the drive just to stop there! There is also an art gallery selling bronze-cast sculptures forged nearby. If you want laid back this is the place. All in all Abaco is a great place to chill and is good for families too. If you want the noise and crowds of your typical AI resort, than keep looking.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BrianAthens_Tx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Cay
8 mi away
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
0 mi away
Love At First Sight Hotel

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!