“A Perfect Getaway”

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is probably the best vacation I have taken. I have been to several places in Mexico, a Caribbean Cruise, South America, and every state in the Continental United States, so I have had some experience with travel. The beach was stunning, I couldn't take my eyes away from the water as I was trying to burn it into my mind so I could forever remember the color. It was quiet and relaxing, no crowds or craziness. My husband and I took our two children, ages 11 and 6 and they loved it as well. We took them snorkeling on one of the many reefs, we rented a car for the day and drove to Marsh Harbor, then took a ferry from there out to Man O War Cay. That was absolutely fascinating as there are no cars on the island, only golf carts because the streets are only that wide. We rented fishing poles from the marina one day to fish off the docks and each of us were able to catch fish. If you are looking for night life and tons of activities, this is not the place for you. You might as well head to Cancun with the rest of the crowd and have a cookie cutter vacation. If you want a unique and enriching experience to see how people live outside of the United States, this place is for you. One downfall was the food. It wasn't great and it was very expensive. If and when we go back, we plan to pack a suitcase full of food so we can do more of our own cooking. If you know where to look, you can find locals who deliver fresh fish and such, or you can catch your own. The locals were very friendly and happy that we were there. The other vacationers were friendly as well and it was fun finding out where people were from. We had British neighbors who were more than happy to lend a hand with our fishing, Germans who were getting scuba certified in the pool, and even some people from our hometown in Oregon. Our kids made quick friends with others playing on the beach and it was fun to see them at various events during the week. To be honest, the resort was a bit outdated, but it really did have everything we needed and the price was unbeatable. If you're after luxury, you may want to seek a different resort. For us, this was just what we needed as our lives are extremely busy right now. It was so nice to turn off our computers and cell phones for a week and just soak in the atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Annonymous29494
There are newer reviews for Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort

Reviewed April 7, 2013

First of all, it is average, not bad at all. It is what is found a lot as you progress into the Bahamas. What I mean by that is that it is an older property but maintained pretty well. They have a couple of restaurants, one on the beach and one on the property that were also average. The bar in the evening I was there was rocking as the night progressed and had a very good DJ. They have a beautiful beach and as always in the Bahamas a very friendly staff. I would stay again and enjoyed it very much. If you travel from Florida by private aircraft it is a painless trip with a quick run thru customs. The taxi fare to the hotel was 33.00 which is mandated by the government. We had Eric as a driver and he was excellent and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank cokerbud
Reviewed April 3, 2013

have to laugh when I read the negative reviews. Apparently all of the negatives are from guests that expect everything to be just like in the U.S.or the UK. To Shanna K, you should have gone to Atlantis in Paradise Island. Then you would have enjoyed your stay at "Disney" in the Bahamas. And, please note that locals are Bahamians not Bohemians - somebody who leads an alternative lifestyle-or someone from Bohemia in the Czech Republic. You are visiting the "Out Islands", not supposed to be loaded with shopping and tourism. Had you done your real homework, you would have noted TCB is for those that enjoy the exact same things that you hated about TCB. Sun, beach, sea and all that they have to offer. I can't wait to experience the true Bahamas, laid back, friendly and NOTHING TO DO, hahaha!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Justjoanie
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my 1st time in the Bahamas(my boyfriends 2nd, He stayed at Paradise island b4 and said it was 1000 X's better) and I have to say if you have kids please find somewhere else.....
Pros: 1. Most Beautiful Beaches!
2. Away from it all: If you want to do NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING go here. Because there is nothing to do. website was misleading. I had all these exciting visions in my head about things we would do together and we went to the beach or pool(with the exception for the 35 min drive to Marsh Harbor to go shopping) everyday.
3. People are extremely friendly
!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT !!!!!!!!!!

CONS: 1. Food is horrible and its extremely expensive. I mean over the top $$$. $15 for a frozen gray hamburger. There are only 2 Restaurants in Treasure cay. both owned by same person and both suck. Its cool having a restaurant at the beach but you will get tired of horrible service , cold & blah food . I had grouper fingers 4 times because they have such a limited menu. ( I was ecstatic to c a mcdonalds when i got home, if that tells u anything!
2. Nothing to do. literally! no shops, no street vendors, nothing. they have boats for rent if you can get one. for kids it sucks but mine were happy with the pool so not to much complaining.
3. The freaking telephones in the rooms dont work! I had to use the lobby phone, I was trying to get a boat unsuccessfully... and had to use there phone in front of the whole resort for 45 minutes. They were getting annoyed, i could tell. but my cell phone would not make calls so what can you do. and you cant make long distant phone calls on theirs. Plus the pay phones dont even work. It hard to run a business with a lap top and phone cord that is unsecured.
4. NO water pressure at all in suite. and one day it was completely gone for 12 hours. HELLO morning , afternoon and evening breath!. Then we constantly ran out of cold water. we had a suite and a room downstairs connected. their water pressure was better, although still ran out of the hot.
5. The whole dang website is misleading! It shows a beautiful picture of the area with pools, which leads you to believe that that is the resort. I was thinking this is so big we have like 5 pools to chose from(only 1) and look at everything to do..... NOPE they are in the upper left side .. TINY multicolored units. I thought that this place was going to be a bit more up to date and big from pictures . they must have been taken when it was built. Someone got very creative when doing that website. Everything is very out of date, needs a revamp ASAP
6. if you want to go shopping its at least 35 minutes away.

Now you might love this place however Myself, kids and boyfriend were not AT ALL IMPRESSED> we will never go back there. If we would have had to pay the regular price a night I would have went through the roof!!! not worth it all all. Rooms are terribly outdated. food is horrible, and is priced too outlandish. plus service sucks. I was told by a local that bohemians are not aloud to get fired by law. so they can give you whatever kind of service they want and still have a job so that explained alittle of it.
And I forgot... The beds are like sleeping on 2 x 4's and you will just love the bale of hay you get for a pillow. Couldn't get any sleep and my head literally hurt as i had my head on the pillow trying to go to sleep.......literally throbbing

bottom line.. terrible! find another resort...

Room Tip: chose another hotel :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shanna K
Reviewed March 27, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Treasure Cay Resort, the Marina, the Golf Course, the 3 Restaurants, the Boat Rentals, the Dive Shop, the Amazing Beach, a small Bakery/Cafe, a small Grocery Store, a Laundry Mat, a small Hardware Store, a small Post Office, & a small Police Station, are all very close in one Village like setting. Also there is another restaurant about three miles from The Treasure Cay Resort called “Burners” that we really liked; it is located at the corner of S.C. Bootle Hwy & Treasure Cay Rd. You will pass it going from the airports to Treasure Cay Resort. The Food is very good & so are the prices {$15 to $20 per person}. We flew into Treasure Cay Airport. (MYAT) Treasure Cay Airport is only 7 miles from the Treasure Cay Resort & a Taxi ride cost $30 for 4 people. Marsh Harbor Airport is 30 miles from the Treasure Cay Resort & a Taxi ride cost $85 for 4 people. We rented a car from Cornish car rental Co. 242-365-8623, located just off the Treasure Cay Airport down the road about a ¼ mile. We asked the airport customs personnel to call Cornish & they came to the airport & picked us up. $350 per week for a mid-80’s four door Buick Regal, nothing fancy but it was just fine. Our Rooms at the Treasure Cay Resort were clean & nice but nothing fancy or upscale. We asked for our rooms to face the best view which is the Marina rather than the garden side view. The Staff was friendly & helpful for the most part. We will definitely go back in the future, it’s the perfect place to getaway & relax! My only complaint is that the Wifi is only available in a few spots like the bar, main office, ect.... & it does not work half of the time at all.

Room Tip: The Marina view is better than the Garden view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina and Golf Resort is a little tourist village located on the marina. We stayed at the resort for 9 days at Christmas holidays. It was wonderful and at reasonably price! The resort was clean and the staff was so friendly and hospitable and the roomservice was good. We rented a condo with a king size bed in the loft, a sofa bed downstairs and two bathrooms. Condo was clean, spacious and comfortable and with all you needed in it. Beach towels are available at the front desk every day too. Be sure to keep your dishes washed and foods put away because of many very small ants. Wifi connection is not available in the room, there is at the bar Tipsy Seagull but it is not so good.
Outside of the front desk, you will find a post office, banking, police, grocery store, liquor store, car rental, golf cart rental, bakery, hardware store, etc. A gas station is a mile or two down the street. The property has three "restaurants", Spinnaker (fine dining), Tipsy Seagull (open air bar) and Coco Beach Bar (beach bar and restaurant across the street), The food on the property was priced about the same as that found in USA. We also were at the Pizza Night at the Tipsy Seagull and the pizza were really good.
The view from the unit onto the marina is picturesque. It is quiet, relaxing, and very enjoyable! The village is also close to the beach, you can walk there in less than 3 minutes. The beach is absolutely georgeous. It really is how it looks on the pictures! The sand is white and soft and the water really clear. It’s rated as one of the world's best beaches. One day we saw there wild dolphins. Be sure to have some type of insect repellant to avoid being eaten by small insects.
Marsh Harbour is 25 miles away and the taxi is 90.00 one way. It is cheaper to rent a car for 70.00/day (or less if you rent it before) and you could go into Marsh Harbour to shop, dine or to the boats to nearby Cay's. To Green Turtle Cay is 5-6 miles to north from Treasure Cay; to Great Guana Cay depart from Marsh Harbour near Conch Inn Marina; both are very peaceful with beautiful beaches.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
The Abaco Club
The Abaco Club
#2 of 6 in Marsh Harbour
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!