This was my 1st time in the Bahamas(my boyfriends 2nd, He stayed at Paradise island b4 and said it was 1000 X's better) and I have to say if you have kids please find somewhere else.....
Pros: 1. Most Beautiful Beaches!
2. Away from it all: If you want to do NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING go here. Because there is nothing to do. website was misleading. I had all these exciting visions in my head about things we would do together and we went to the beach or pool(with the exception for the 35 min drive to Marsh Harbor to go shopping) everyday.
3. People are extremely friendly
!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT !!!!!!!!!!
CONS: 1. Food is horrible and its extremely expensive. I mean over the top $$$. $15 for a frozen gray hamburger. There are only 2 Restaurants in Treasure cay. both owned by same person and both suck. Its cool having a restaurant at the beach but you will get tired of horrible service , cold & blah food . I had grouper fingers 4 times because they have such a limited menu. ( I was ecstatic to c a mcdonalds when i got home, if that tells u anything!
2. Nothing to do. literally! no shops, no street vendors, nothing. they have boats for rent if you can get one. for kids it sucks but mine were happy with the pool so not to much complaining.
3. The freaking telephones in the rooms dont work! I had to use the lobby phone, I was trying to get a boat unsuccessfully... and had to use there phone in front of the whole resort for 45 minutes. They were getting annoyed, i could tell. but my cell phone would not make calls so what can you do. and you cant make long distant phone calls on theirs. Plus the pay phones dont even work. It hard to run a business with a lap top and phone cord that is unsecured.
4. NO water pressure at all in suite. and one day it was completely gone for 12 hours. HELLO morning , afternoon and evening breath!. Then we constantly ran out of cold water. we had a suite and a room downstairs connected. their water pressure was better, although still ran out of the hot.
5. The whole dang website is misleading! It shows a beautiful picture of the area with pools, which leads you to believe that that is the resort. I was thinking this is so big we have like 5 pools to chose from(only 1) and look at everything to do..... NOPE they are in the upper left side .. TINY multicolored units. I thought that this place was going to be a bit more up to date and big from pictures . they must have been taken when it was built. Someone got very creative when doing that website. Everything is very out of date, needs a revamp ASAP
6. if you want to go shopping its at least 35 minutes away.
Now you might love this place however Myself, kids and boyfriend were not AT ALL IMPRESSED> we will never go back there. If we would have had to pay the regular price a night I would have went through the roof!!! not worth it all all. Rooms are terribly outdated. food is horrible, and is priced too outlandish. plus service sucks. I was told by a local that bohemians are not aloud to get fired by law. so they can give you whatever kind of service they want and still have a job so that explained alittle of it.
And I forgot... The beds are like sleeping on 2 x 4's and you will just love the bale of hay you get for a pillow. Couldn't get any sleep and my head literally hurt as i had my head on the pillow trying to go to sleep.......literally throbbing
bottom line.. terrible! find another resort...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Less than 200 miles from Florida’s coast, the Bahamian island of Abaco is home to the village of Treasure Cay and our laid-back resort where more than three miles of sleepy white sand beach anchor a genuine Caribbean paced experience; reminiscent of a truly relaxed way of life. Served by multiple daily direct fights, our fun for all ages oasis operates a noted 150-slip marina and classic Dick Wilson golf course.Ocean-front rooms,fully airconditioned, free internet. Vacation at one of the most famous three mile long beaches in the world, according to NATIONAL GEOGRAPHICS. Swimming, boating, golf, tennis, watersports and much relaxation. Complete ocean-view pool- and beach-bar and restaurants. Available rentals: bikes, cars, golf-carts and motor-boats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Treasure Cay
- Resort Treasure Cay
- Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort Bahamas - Abaco Islands