“The most relaxing vacation I ever had......”

Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I was looking for a vacation to unwind and do absolutely nothing. This turned out to be the perfect get away. I have to admit after reading the reviews I was expecting the worst. Everyone have their own opinion and expectations which I can respect, this is my opinion.

The beach is to die for, pure white sand that feel like your walking on flour. The beach is a aqua, sky blue picture perfect. The staff there does an excellent job in maintaining the beach. There is a bar on the beach that serve excellent Grouper Fingers.

My living quarters consisted of a 1 bedroom condo, king size bed and bath upstairs, down stairs kitchen, full bathroom eating area and patio with a view of the marina. it was no five star however it had the 3 C's Clean, Comfortable and Cozy. It had a full kitchen with all the amenities

The Spinnaker restaurant had the best Crab cakes, they were so good I had them several times along with some Johnny cake ( its like a biscuit cornbread) I gained about 5 pounds on that alone. Some say the food in the restaurant was expensive, I thought it was reasonable however I'm a New Yorker. A glass a Red Wine $6 all day, you could barely get that during happy hour at most places.

The cleaning staff there was great and attentive, no complaints there.

Let's talk about the natives, they are the most friendliest and most amazing people I have ever met. I arrived Monday night and left my IPad in the taxi, Mr. Marshal Russell #32 brought it back to me the next morning, AMAZING. If you need to get any where he is the most reliable, honest man cell [--]. On Tuesday I decided to inquire on Golf lessons, so I walked down to the Golf Club and had the opportunity to meet Mr. Ron who manages the Golf Club. It just so happen to be lunch time and he just so happen to be cooking. The next thing I know I was having Lunch ( Fried Red Snapper with some Grits) with Mr. Ron and a few others engaged in great conversation. They made me feel like I knew and grew up with them, needless to say I was there everyday for lunch and completely forgot about my Golf Lessons. I have to say there is no restaurant better than Mr. Ron cooking.

In the morning before the beach I went to Mrs. Flo's reastaruant. A small family owned establishment where all the locals gather and seem to discuss politics ( I'm now well versed in the Bahamian politics but I will keep my opinion to my self). Mrs. Flo make the best home made cinnamon buns everyday they just melt in your mouth ( another 5lbs).

Mr. fletch ( not sure about the spelling). The General Manager for the Resort is the most pleasant and kind man. He makes it his businnes to know his guest I was very impressed that he remembered my name. He is a manager that work just as much as his staff I don't think he ever sleeps.

I also had the opportunity to go to the Treasure Sands Club its not on the resort it's a little further down about 5 mins away. This is a new and upcoming restaurant/ club. It has the look and feel of Miami South Beach, however your on the Perfect Treasure Cay Beach the best of both worlds. I highly recommend this, check out their face book page. They are looking to build a hotel there as well, I will be their first guest. Thank you Vincent and Tim for taking the time out to talk to me I wish much success.

The only downside is the supermarket, its extremely expensive, it was cheaper for me to eat out than to buy groceries and cook. A bag of Wise potatoe Chips $6.29, a small loaf of bread $4.99. I'm so glad that I brought my Starbucks Via instant coffee. You will come out cheaper to pay for an extra checked bag and bring your own food than to purchase. I spent $57 and had 2 shopping bags which included a gallon of water.

Overall I had a great experience and felt like I made some friends, before I knew it it was time for me to go.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Danayjohnson

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 3 days in late February.

The hotel was totally comfortable, everything you could possibly need was right there. The staff was friendly. Our room was facing the marina - apparently very important because these are the better rooms. It was a decent size, fairly dated, but clean and comfortable. Anything we were missing we just asked reception and had no issues. We loved Coco Beach Bar, great lunches for $10-$14...seriously beautiful location right on the beach. Staff at the Tipsy seagull really friendly too, with a nice atmosphere. Grocery store, convenience store, liquor store, coffee shop, bike and cart rentals - everything was within a three minute walk from our room.

There were very few people there, must be the time of year, but for the first time in my history of vacationing I had zero problems getting a lounge chair under an umbrella at any time of the day!

The whole setting was beautiful - amazing beach, marina with boats coming and going. At night a zillion stars. We really fell in love with the slow, laid back vibe of Treasure Cay....so much so that we are now buying a condo there and hope to return every summer with our kids!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KathyCJJ
Reviewed February 19, 2012

If you're looking for a low-key vacation with beautiful weather & scenery this is a worthy destination. We spent 4 days at the resort. As others have noted, this is not a fancy place or a hot spot for activities. We were considered 'off season' vistors so the place was pretty quiet. Which we loved. Especially at the beach. It was like you had it all to yourself. It was the most beautiful beach I have ever been to. I couldn't get over how beautiful the water was. We found our modest accomodations clean & comfortable. Fridge, microwave, coffee pot (with coffee) and a toaster in the room. Good showers. Good daily housekeeping. Everyone was very pleasant and interested in a little chit-chat about where you were from and if you were enjoying yourself. We were able to find everything we needed at the onsite grocery store as well as at the liqour store. Yes, prices were high but it is all imported. $26 for a 12pk seemed outrageous but... you can't buy a beer in a bar for less than $6. By the way, a local favorite beer Kalik/lite was very good. We enjoyed the lunches at the Cocoa Beach bar. The grilled grouper was my fav. Pizza night was festive. We ordered a medium and had the left-overs for lunch the next day so overall the cost worked out. I'm sorry to say that we never did make it to Spinakers for dinner. We had enough to eat at lunch that we always ended up skipping dinner. We found that a 1/2 day golf cart rental made for a fun afternoon of sight seeing the other area's around the resort. Many people rented golf carts for their entire stay which came in handy for getting yourself to the beach. It was about a 5 min walk from our room. Beach towels are available from housekeeping. Chairs, beach umbrellas & little tiki huts were their waiting for us.The sunsets from the pool/tipsy seagul bar were beautiful. I hated to leave but... all good things must come to an end. We would definitely consider staying there again. Maybe next time we will branch out and go to Marsh Harbour for a day.

Room Tip: If available get a marina view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Amy D
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We visited in mid-january with another couple. Let me start by saying I had my reservations about our trip here after reading the mixed reviews on here and viewing the photos, but this was one of the best trips we have been on (have also been to all-inclusives in Jamaica and Punta Cana). Our first impression was that this place was run down and a disappointment and we were gonna be stuck here for a week! This is not a 5-star resort, it does not have many amenities and entertainment/activities. It is dated and needs some updates. Now, with that said, it is a great place to visit. We had a 3-story suite. It was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Beautiful view of the marina and sunsets. There is a grocery store, liquor store, golf cart rental, gift shop, mini-mart and bakery (great cinnamon rolls) all on the property. Food is expensive (about double than in US). There aren't many restaurants to choose from either. Spinnakers was expensive but really good, we had steak and fish. Coco beach bar also was really good, had lunch there many times. Pizza night is thursday at the Tispsy Seagull Bar (and is quite popular), they also have a small menu nightly and great drinks :) We visited during off-season (so we are told) and felt like we had the resort and beach to ourselves. The beach is amazing, turquoise blue water, you can walk down the beach passing by some villas and beach homes to the point and find sand dollars during low tide, breathtaking views. You don't have to worry about locals hassling you to buy things on these beaches. Renting a boat down at the marina is a must. Our captain "Joe" took us island hopping, we fed sharks and saw some stingrays and sea turtles, stopped at an uninhabitated island and collected sand dollars and shells and ate our picnic lunch we had packed on the beach there. We also snorkeled on the reef and fished a little on the way back, my husband caught a 3ft barracouda, which was exciting. We rented a golf cart and checked out the homes around and went just outside the gates and found a great little bakery owned by Terri. She has wonderful bakery items and breakfast and she is sweet as pie. We really enjoyed talking with the staff and locals. If you are looking for a place to relax with beautiful beaches, great staff and locals, and is not "touristy", then this is a place for you!
FYI: Cell phone service with sprint and verizon does not exist here! Luckily we had a laptop. They have ethernet cables at the front desk and internet is free.
Pack a soft cooler and thermal mugs to take your drinks and snacks to the beach.
We didn't see any towels at the beach either so you may want to bring some.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Heather H
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Don't trust your first impressions when arriving at Treasure Cay. We were wondering what we had gotten ourselves into when we got out of our taxi at the resort office. The place looked completely run down. Our room smelled very musty when we walked in. We opened our windows and allowed the room to air out, and all was well. A quick trip across the street to the beach and our mood changed immediately. The postcard beach and turquoise waters came to life. AMAZING! The friendly staff and locals made the trip even better. Some must do's while visiting Treasure: 1) Go to Nippers on Sunday for the pig roast. 2) Go to JIC boat rentals and have Captain Joe take you for a day-long island hopping tour. 3) Go snorkeling. 4) Have a cinnomon roll at the bakery located on the resort. 5) Rent a golf cart and head just off the property to the bakery just passed the main gate. Terry makes a killer breakfast sandwich. 6) Visit the Tipsy Seagull, often!

Things to keep in mind: This is not a place to go if you require constant entertainment - not gonna happen. Great place to get away from the fast paced life and relax. There is not a whole lot of dining options, so plan on doing some cooking. Eating is also very expensive - all food has to be shipped in.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Joseph D
Reviewed November 30, 2011

off the beaten path, but has a great beach, nice food and drink and a great staff! Very laid back..if you want night life, loud music, and shops galore this isn't the place for you ...but if you want to relax and unwind,,it is a great place to go for..
Rooms are dated, but i understand they are doing a renovation this year..
Nice Restaurant, and marina..Beach is a 5 minute walk but well worth it..water beautiful.
Dive Master on site...

Room Tip: Have single rooms, and large full service suites.. Singles are small but ok
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank bamafan43
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I visited this hotel back in July. After reading the reviews, did't have high expectations at all. Saw great rates on Expedia.com that we could not pass up, less than $100.00 per night for a property on the beach, Why not? When we checked in, we received a very warm welcome by the Front Office Staff. Got to the room and there were double beds instead of a King. I called the front desk and the changed it instantly without a problem. We had a number of other challenges with the new room, at one point you could hear the sound of, "WHAT DO YOU WANT AGAIN" in their voices.I feel the Front Office Staff could have handled us with more empathy. Being a service trainer, I see where they lack problem resolution skills and would recommend this to management. The room was a bit dated, but the grounds were nicely kept, there is a large convenient Store on Property, a restaurant, Police Station and Bank in the area. You can even rent golf carts to get around. The restaurant on the property was too pricey so we decided to venture out in our Rental Car to see if there were any native restaurants in the surrounding area. There were two restaurants about two miles away on the main road (Cant remember the names but you could get a dinner for less than $15.00). Thought this was a good find.On the second day of our get-away we decided to visit the beach which was just across the street. As the sand caressed my toes, I instantly thought, I have never felt anything like this in my life. The sand was of-course warm, but the grains were so fine, it felt like powder White in color and it sparkled in the sunlight, literally.This was by far, the most beautiful beach I've ever seen. Ever! Just looking at the breath taking view, all other negative experience pales in comparison. If you want to find a place where you can marvel at God's creation, this is it!

Room Tip: No rooms are directly on the beach but there are marina view options which are priced higher.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
The Abaco Club
The Abaco Club
#2 of 6 in Marsh Harbour
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!