“We never want to go home”
Review of Bahama Beach Club

Bahama Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed May 6, 2007

Our room was 20 steps from the coral sand beach, we could hear the waves crashing on the beach from our room. If you are looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of your busy life, this is the place. There are no Casino's or Major Markets everything is quaint and very Island Style. The beach/pool side chicki served a varity of food, "gotta try the goombay smash". This place is great for both; family time, complete with a kiddie pool or a guiet get away in the jacuzzi with your spouse. The main means of transportation is a golf cart. Of course you can rent a car, but the golf carts are so much fun. You can also rent a boat and go snorkeling or go island hopping on the ferry, even charter a fishing trip. My husband and I have visited several times, "We never want to go home"! We have always found the managment to be very accomodating, the staff friendly and Oh! the place is spotless. This time we stayed in the new section, construction is complete and it is beautiful. ".

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank SR3431

Reviewed May 4, 2007

Wow, where do I start......The Bahama Beach Club is so amazing as is the island of Treasure Cay and the beach. The resort has just added a new side and all I can say is WOW! If you want to have a good time with your loved one and or family this is the place to go. Our room was beautiful and the service was great, a little slow at times at the beach bar but hey who cares you are in paradise!!! The food at the bar was yummy ( lobster salad to die for). At first after I read the grummy guys review about construction I was a little nervous but I called and they were wonderful explaining there should be no worries or problems, boy they were right nothing but beautiful landscaping greeted my family and I. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank NewYorkAnne13
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My family & I returned from a dreamy wedding/vacation to Canada on Apr 7th. I chose this resort by surfing the Internet looking for a place for our wedding. I knew I was taking my chances but had a positive feeling after talking to Lori at the resort. We stayed at BBC from March 28 to Apr 6 and my high expectations for our wedding and vacation were exceeded. The beach is indeed beautiful, the atmosphere is soooo relaxing, our condo was amazing and the property is impressive.

We stayed in the old phase and took a walk through the new phase which was getting close to being completed and is also very nice. We were all very happy with the food and drinks at Tiki bar and found all the staff very friendly and helpful.

My new Husband, his two children 10 & 13 and I spent our days snorkelling off the point, in the pool, in the ocean, rented a kayak and hobikat, took a ferry to Green Turtle Cay and visited the capital town Marsh Harbor.

Our wedding took place on the beach in front of the resort on Apr 2/07 at 5 pm. Lori from the BBC was very helpful in arranging our wedding including the marriage commissioner, cake and recommended a local photographer and florist. Our wedding was sooo special and dreamy everything we had hoped for. Our photographer took pictures till sunset and made us an incredible still picture video DVD to our music which we have been able to share with our family and friends.

My family and I agree that this was the best holiday we've had and we're already planning to come back next April with some friends to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank 2007Honeymooner
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My family and I just returned from a very calm and peaceful vacation at the Bahama Beach Club. The beach is breathtaking and the condos and property are beautiful, Some days we island hopped by Ferry to Hope Town and Green Turtle while others we did absolutely nothing but read at the beach and pool. My kids thought it was neat that they got to watch a wedding that took place at the resort while we were there. I bet those pictures will be beautiful.

I must admit I was a bit worried as I had heard about the construction on the new phase but it appears as if the worst is over. I saw some furniture being delivered to a few new condos but no construction or anything like that.

I guess earlier in March might not have been the best time to have been there but seems to all be over. For those that might have not had the best experience that is unfortunate, maybe you could try again next season. I gave the resort 4 stars, if there had been 4.5 I might have chosen that as the weather was beyond great, which of course no one can control.

My only receommendation is to have more people at the tiki bar as there is nothing worse than hungry kids. I kept reminding them that if they wanted fast food we could have stayed in the States and had Mc Donalds. One nice thing was the food was worth waiting for.

See you next April, my kids are going to get certified to dive and we already booked our vacation for next year. .

Thanks,

Lucy from Ct.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank CtLucy
Reviewed March 25, 2007

The Bahama Beach Club is under construction. I spoke with the property on 6 different occasions before arriving on the property. I was never told my unit was still being built. While the property will be beautiful when it is completed it has a long way to go. The condo was barely furnished ie. three plates, two teaspoons, no lanai furniture, borrowed lamps from someone elses condo. The tv's and telephones are not connected and the water is shut off about 5 times a day. The pool is not open in the new units. The sod was just laid during my visit. You still have access to the pool of the original units. Service is incredibly slow. The property manager will tell you that your name was missed when they made the calls to inform guests with reservations that the property isn't ready. It's the same story that they gave everyone I spoke with in the same predicament. The condo owners themselves are frustrated because the construction is so far behind. You can't trust the reservations people to tell you if you are in a new or old unit. They have been instructed to book every call that comes in. The management handles the rest of the juggling act. Now that there is grass, they are only offering 20% refunds to their guests. 80% of your bill is charged to you before you arrive. Construction begins at 7 am every morning. There is no sleeping in at this joint. People are in and out of your condo all day either painting or doing electrical. Not good if you have children that nap or like to nap yourself. There is no place to purchase sundries on the property. This is condo living with a snail paced pool bar. I would strongly urge everyone to wait atleast a year before booking at a stay at the BBC. The beach is fantastic and they bank on that to quell your anger. Book at your own risk...

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed February 23, 2007

10  Thank Farawaygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Cay
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Love At First Sight Hotel
Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Bahama Beach Club? Share your experiences!