“Follow the rule: relax, relax relax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bahama Beach Club

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bahama Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
San Diego, California
“Follow the rule: relax, relax relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

We had an incredible time! The condo was lovely, the pools were great and the ocean even better. This has got to be one of the best beaches in the world! The staff was very friendly and helpful.

This isn't the place to go if you are looking for a lot of nightlife, aside from what you make yourself. The BBC has a pool grill that is open until 8 with a pretty nice menu, there is Tipsy's right down the road (.2 miles) that opens at 5. During the afternoon there is the Coco Beach grill that is open until 5. There is also a restaurant called Spinakers, but I can't vouch for that as we did not eat there. My suggestion would be to go to the local grocery store and buy stuff to cook at the condo. Also, beside Tipsy's is a dive shop, check out the activities that they have to offer. We went for a kayak trip through the mangrove trees and also went snorkeling. Saw a bunch of sea turtles, a sting ray and a couple of nurse sharks. You can also rent boats and go island hopping. We also took the ferry over to Green Turtle Cay for the day. My suggestion would not be to go on Sunday, everything is pretty much closed over there. Quaint little town though.

We had some rain almost every day, but it passes quickly. We also lost power a couple of times, but that makes for spontaneous candlelit dinners. Would recommend everyone to go check it out!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Olympic Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed for one month. Swam the beach every morning for a mile. What a beautiful swimming beach. We hardly saw anyone on the golf course. Boating and island hopping was alot of fun. When we rented a boat we took the grandchildren snorkeling, shelling, saw multiple schools of porpoises, and a starfish field. The choices of islands to boat to were great. We went to Harbor Island off of Eleuthra for two days, and checked out the hotels. None of them were in very good condition and Bahama Beach Club stands out well above all of the out island accomodations in condition, cleanliness, staff friendlyness, and food service. They have just hired a restaurant manager from Florida who has done a spectacular job with the food at Bahama Beach Club. All of the units are close to the beach with nice views.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
san antonio,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

This is a vacation for the whole family. The beaches are better than you can imagine. We have stayed at Bahama Beach Club numerous times and have always been happy. The rooms are clean and decorated beautifully. The pool bar and grill has a nice menu for lunch (kid food to conch fritters) or appetizers. The staff is friendly and aim to please. The rooms have kitchens in them so you can bring groceries from home or buy them there, if you want to cook in. We always eat in for breakfast (or get Cinnamon rolls from the bakery in town) and take the boat (rented from J's) to another island and eat lunch there. When we return home, we are too tired to get dressed and go out. Though we have ventured out on occasion to Spiniker's (something for everyone) and Touch of Class (a bit more pricey).
You will see things on this vacation that you will remember forever. This is not a resort vacation but more of a Discovery Channel vacation. Bring your camera! You are gonna find it amazing and love it!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank BMcM
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

My wife and I just returned from a five night stay at the Bahama Beach Club where we enjoyed a relaxing week of sun and beautiful beach living.
This was our third trip over the last three years, and this time Treasure Cay was cleaner than ever, due to environmental efforts made by concerned citizen groups. >Thank you!
Many of the other posts do a good job of mentioning the lack of available and affordable food in TC, but we knew to bring lightweight non perishables, and made our store selections with nutrition/price in mind. Be prepared to spend twice the US food cost at the grocery store, but in our view it still is better than eating in restaurants. If there is any drawback this is it, but in this economy making your own meals can significantly lower the cost of a vacation in the Caribbean.
The host (Lantimay) treated us in a very polite and professional manner, with the daily room service timely and flawless.
Our villa was a professionally decorated end unit on the beach with a panoramic view of the clear turquoise sea and moonlit nights. It simply could not get any better.
This kind of place is absolutely not for everyone. If you are looking for swim-up all-inclusive bars and crowded beaches dotted with chain restaurants and vendors, this is not for you.
If you like white powdery sand beaches, transparent warm water, privacy, peace and quiet come here with your spouse or girlfriend and stay at the Bahama Beach Club.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TRH-53
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

Most beautiful place I think I've ever visited... The people there were super nice, this Island truly changes you when you arrive. Scenic views you would die for and the most perfect tropical weather. Truly Paradise!

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2009

We arrived Bahamas Beach Club (BBC) on Wednesday following Labor Day via ferry boat from Marsh Harbor and took a taxi into Treasure Cay ($85). We arrived late morning, checked in at reception which was a little slow but given we were in no hurry we were fine with their approach. We were shown our condo 2047 which is a 3-bedroom, 3 bathroom, kitchen, dining, living and laundry . Because we arrived during the slow season we were the only guest at BBC for the entire week. There were two owners there at some point during our stay but only ran into them while having lunch at the pool bar.

The resort consists of 22 buildings (4 units per building) 88 condos; there are two pools, several hot tubs, a workout room and the pool bar; which is only open 11 am – 4pm daily. In addition there is a 3.5 mile beach with fine white sand, few shells and calm waters. The resort is in a very remote part of Abacos, Treasure Cay is extremely quiet and I can imagine that even during the busy season it would still be very quiet.

The condo we had was beautiful, it looks over the ocean and there is also a nice patio to sit. The kitchen had almost everything I needed, it wasn’t exactly my kitchen at home but I was able to make full course meals and nothing hindered me cooking. I almost felt like I was in the US because of all the amenities this condo had. Flat screen TV’s w/ cable in every room, air-conditioning, beautiful bathrooms, fully furnished and everything worked flawless. The one thing that kept me thinking we weren’t in the US was the gorgeous beach. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and everything is extremely clean.

Lizards: they are anywhere from ¾ inch to 5 inches long. They live in the grass and run around on the pavement and there are thousands of them. At first they kind of spooked me but by day 3 I realized they were pretty quick and you will not be able to outrun these little guys they are fast and stay out of your way. If you have kids they will love them!

There are several stores ½ mile down the street, grocery, bank, post office, restaurant, bakery and places to rent a car ($75/ day) or golf cart ($40/ day). My husband and I are very athletic and we felt comfortable walking on the street so we opted not to rent a golf cart. We purchased groceries which run about 55% higher than US costs. Given that the food comes from the heartland of the United States, transported to Florida and the put on a barge to the Bahamas I am not surprised by the high costs. Meat is especially expensive and the best deal we found was fresh meat from JIC Boat Rentals next to Typsey’s bar. They sell the fresh fish for $10 a bag which is over 2 pounds (de-boned and scaled). Beer is also expensive, $5 a bottle at the bar of $2.50 at the liquor store. The grocery and liquor store have set hours and close around 5:30-6pm so if you want something you need to get there before you start cooking.

There is no evening restaurant on BBC, if you want to dine out you need to go 1/2 mile down the road. Breakfast is also not served, Coco Beach is a short walk from the beach where you can get a hot breafast.

I was a bit disappointed with BBC negotiations. We stayed at BBC for 7 days, we were given a great off season deal, purchase 5 days and get 2 days free so our average price per room was under $300. We had 3 additional days to stay on Abacos so I called the reception office to see if we could extend our stay, we were told that the room rate would go up an additional $100 per night. I tried to negotiate 3 more nights at the same average price and was unsuccessful. Given my budget I could not afford $400 a night for the beautiful condo so we had to leave the resort and we ended up staying at the hotel down the street that ran half the price of our negotiated rate. We enjoyed our time and glad we were able to stay at such a beautiful resort.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissKimandMrE
philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

My now husband and I went to Bahama Beach Club to get married. If you are planning to get married in the Bahamas, I would recommend BBC. Our wedding was beautiful. After the ceremony, they served us a four course meal of surf and turf that was our best meal while staying in the Bahamas. It was lovely and very peaceful.

Positives:
The beach was gorgeous. The sand is pure white, and the water is completely clear when the weather is calm. I'm sure this is the nicest beach I will ever lay my eyes on. The rooms were well furnished, and our unit even had three shower heads in the main shower. Those were the best showers I've ever taken.
The staff is very friendly and incredibly laid back. This may or may not be a positive for some people, as things are done on "Bahama" time. It was a very relaxing vacation, and we spent the majority of it in the beautiful ocean.

Negatives:
Over the course of the week, I had the following meals: burger and fries, burger and fries, scrambled eggs, hot dog and fries, lobster burger and fries, lobster dinner, burger and fries. If you go during the off season as we did, do NOT expect variety in your food choices. The Tiki Bar (the resort restaurant) was not stocking conch or fish. They had burgers, hot dogs, lobster burgers and a couple wraps and salads. Their lobster burger is delicious, but it's also 18 dollars. If I could, I probably would have gotten that every meal. Also, the Tiki Bar was closing for the off season while we were still there, and no one bothered to tell us. The Spinnaker has some incredibly good dinner food, but it is also very expensive. The entrees alone are 30-35 dollars. Their breakfast was just ok (and they are the only place in the area that serves breakfast). Coco beach bar and grille is the same food as the Tiki Bar, just in a different setting. It has a really nice view of the perfect white beach, but only the same fried food choices. If you want to cook all your meals, the grocery store has limited options and is expensive, but you could find enough food to keep you full for the entirety of your vacation.

While staying at BBC for 6 days, we lost power 3 times. Each time lasted at least 3-4 hours. No power means no electricity, no running water, no restaurants open, no ability to cook food etc. The resort also did not have internet nor long distance calls for three days. We were completely unable to have contact with the US during this time. That was pretty frustrating.

There is not a whole lot to do here. Granted, I wasn't looking for a whole lot to do. My goal going on this vacation was to have a relaxing time sitting on the beach. And that's just what I did. However, when we tried to do something adventurous and go snorkeling, it did not work out. The first day we were scheduled, they canceled because there were not enough reservations. During the off season, this is probably more often than not going to happen. The second day we were scheduled, the ocean was too violent to take a boat out. So, our plans were foiled, and we were completely unable to go snorkeling. If you are interested in island hopping frequently, you may be able to find more activities in other places. Just be aware that there are barely any activities on Treasure Cay. If you're looking to shop, there is one small gift shop behind The Spinnaker.

In conclusion, if you're looking to sit out on a gorgeous beach all day and cook your own food, this place is for you. If you're looking for a more bustling area with lots of restaurants and shops, try a less isolated island.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hope Town Harbour Lodge
Hope Town Harbour Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hope Town
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#2 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#3 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Love At First Sight Hotel
Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort

Been to Bahama Beach Club? Share your experiences!