I got married at the Bahama Beach Club in January. We initially went there to scout it out in February 2013, and instantly fell in love with Treasure cay, the Bahama beach club and the amazing beach. We took pictures of the beach on a cloudy day and the water was still blue, it looked like a postcard. Jerry the manager was what really won us over as he was very accommodating and put all of our worries about the wedding to rest. The staff was incredibly friendly and would bend over backwards to make you happy. I've visited the Abacos several times, usually Marsh harbor or the surrounding islands. This was my first time to Treasure cay and it was beautiful. It’s extremely safe and you can feel comfortable walking anywhere at any time. The crime rate is almost non-existent and we felt comfortable leaving valuable out in our room. There are not a lot of restaurants and shops in treasure cay which is part of the charm. It's a place where you get away from it all, and spend time boating, diving and hanging out on the beach. You are a 20 minute boat ride from Green turtle, Guana Cay and other surrounding islands, which are all great to spend a day. Right next to Green Turtle there is a small deserted island inhabited by pigs. You can pull your boat up to and feed the pigs while exploring the island. You can also take the boat over to Guana cay and go to Nippers which is the coolest beach bar in the Bahamas. The resort provides free paddleboards and kayaks to enjoy during the day. There is a small grocery store, liquor store, marina, golf car rental place and few restaurants in the town which are a short golf cart ride or walk. It's really everything you would need to stay comfortably for weeks. At the resort pool they have a great tiki bar with really good food and all the local drinks, try the goombay smash. During the week there are special nights like taco Tuesday, Italian night and steak night where they open up a special menu. Each one of the themes had delicious food. Two pools and two hot tubs that are open 24 hours. One of the hot tubs was out of service but we just went to the second one. The rooms are all individually owned with their own unique designs. With the amount of guest we had for the wedding we saw many of the rooms, and each one was nice. There aren't any fancy amenities like a spa or fitness centers. The draw of the Bahama beach club is the amazing beach, the staff, the rooms and the great boating opportunities.
For people planning a possible wedding it is an amazing venue. The day we got married it was unusually windy but other than that it went off without a hitch. Everything we asked for Jerry made happen. He even brought a lot of ideas to the table we hadn’t thought of. The staff was awesome and took great care of everyone. Bahama beach club is the type of place most people never get to experience. A true hidden gem, unlike the mega resorts on most other Caribbean islands. Most our guest came from Thursday to Monday so they could enjoy the trip. I can safely say everyone was blown away by the location and the overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New fully equipped Luxury Condos on "the best beach in the Caribbean"! Two great Restaurants on-site, two fresh water pools & two Jacuzzi's! Free internet, Cable TV and Free long distance calls to & from the USA and Canada. Golf, Tennis, Scuba Center, Fishing Charters, a 150 slip marina and shopping nearby. Relax and Enjoy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Bahama Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahama Beach Club Hotel Treasure Cay
- Bahama Beach Club Treasure Cay, Bahamas - Abaco Islands