“Destination wedding was everything I hoped for”
Review of Bahama Beach Club

Bahama Beach Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Treasure Cay
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I got married at the Bahama Beach Club in January. We initially went there to scout it out in February 2013, and instantly fell in love with Treasure cay, the Bahama beach club and the amazing beach. We took pictures of the beach on a cloudy day and the water was still blue, it looked like a postcard. Jerry the manager was what really won us over as he was very accommodating and put all of our worries about the wedding to rest. The staff was incredibly friendly and would bend over backwards to make you happy. I've visited the Abacos several times, usually Marsh harbor or the surrounding islands. This was my first time to Treasure cay and it was beautiful. It’s extremely safe and you can feel comfortable walking anywhere at any time. The crime rate is almost non-existent and we felt comfortable leaving valuable out in our room. There are not a lot of restaurants and shops in treasure cay which is part of the charm. It's a place where you get away from it all, and spend time boating, diving and hanging out on the beach. You are a 20 minute boat ride from Green turtle, Guana Cay and other surrounding islands, which are all great to spend a day. Right next to Green Turtle there is a small deserted island inhabited by pigs. You can pull your boat up to and feed the pigs while exploring the island. You can also take the boat over to Guana cay and go to Nippers which is the coolest beach bar in the Bahamas. The resort provides free paddleboards and kayaks to enjoy during the day. There is a small grocery store, liquor store, marina, golf car rental place and few restaurants in the town which are a short golf cart ride or walk. It's really everything you would need to stay comfortably for weeks. At the resort pool they have a great tiki bar with really good food and all the local drinks, try the goombay smash. During the week there are special nights like taco Tuesday, Italian night and steak night where they open up a special menu. Each one of the themes had delicious food. Two pools and two hot tubs that are open 24 hours. One of the hot tubs was out of service but we just went to the second one. The rooms are all individually owned with their own unique designs. With the amount of guest we had for the wedding we saw many of the rooms, and each one was nice. There aren't any fancy amenities like a spa or fitness centers. The draw of the Bahama beach club is the amazing beach, the staff, the rooms and the great boating opportunities.
For people planning a possible wedding it is an amazing venue. The day we got married it was unusually windy but other than that it went off without a hitch. Everything we asked for Jerry made happen. He even brought a lot of ideas to the table we hadn’t thought of. The staff was awesome and took great care of everyone. Bahama beach club is the type of place most people never get to experience. A true hidden gem, unlike the mega resorts on most other Caribbean islands. Most our guest came from Thursday to Monday so they could enjoy the trip. I can safely say everyone was blown away by the location and the overall experience.

Room Tip: Should request rooms in phase 5 , as they are the new buildings.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DAF1984

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My sister chose this lovely place to host her wedding weekend--My family stayed for the whole week. The Bahama Beach Club is a beautiful place. Due to the size of the wedding, we got to see a majority of the units and every unit is decorated a little differently, but they all are tastefully done. Everything was clean and their housekeeping staff was great--very trustworthy and honest. Leaving valuables out was never an issue. The beach and water were amazing. The fact that the BBC offers complimentary SUP and kayaks was an awesome bonus. We have two young kids and they had a blast here just playing on the beach. The food was amazing--I recommend the grouper sandwich :) My only complaint is that we went in January and it was a little chilly some days, but not unbearable. Also one of the hot tubs was not working, but the other one did--so it was not really too big of a deal to walk to the other pool area. I definitely would not mind coming back to the BBC for future family trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Pr0fessi0nalStudent
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I have been going to Abaco for over 6 years now. When we got engaged 2 Christmas's ago, we contemplated a lot of different places to get married. At first we were thinking about St. Thomas (the Marriot more specifically). We were really close to signing the contract there, but the customer service was just awful. I spoke to the lady once, and she did not answer any of my questions...Then she sent me a contract after still not even knowing which location we would be getting married at (which also meant there would be 2 other weddings going on at the same time as ours). Long story short, we quickly realized it was not for us and were debating calling off a destination wedding entirely. Then I stumbled across the Bahama Beach Club.

Almost immediately I received a response. I could not have asked for a more friendly/accommodating staff... After the first time I spoke to them I was convinced. And I hadn't even been there yet. Daniel was a little skeptical at first because I was just blown away by how great they were that it almost seemed to good to be true. Then we flew out there (with his parents) and we all were just amazed. The beach is absolutely breath taking. We have been going to Abaco (Hope Town) for years, and my husband's Dad used to take a boat over to the beach right outside of BBC. There are few beaches in this world that can compare to the one right outside your door. Each condo is uniquely decorated, and they all have a very welcoming inviting feel. (We got to see a lot of the different units because of the wedding and our guests.) The units are extremely spacious and tastefully decorated. I loved going to the different units and seeing what was done. You can even go to their website and see the different pictures for the units. They all have a full sized washer and dryer and refrigerator. All our friends and family have been telling us what a great wedding it was but also what a great vacation. I'm sorry but a hotel doesn't even compare to a room here, because you literally have everything you need and so much space.

Again, there really isn't anything comparable to this place. The people are happy to serve you. The food... That probably has to be the number one thing they have to offer (but it's hard to say because there are so many positives). It is so good! Fresh conch pounded out right there while you are sipping on your Bahama Mama with your feet in the sand staring at that glowing blue water. Can't get much better than that! If you are looking for a relaxing vacation where people are friendly, the food is spectacular, and the scenery is breathtaking, you've found your spot. I highly recommend it. So much so that I had my wedding there!! If you are looking to have your wedding there, I wish I could personally talk to you because I would tell you to do it. You won't regret it!! I could go on and on...But I could not have asked for a better wedding. It was the best day/weekend of my life!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. There are two half moons when looking at the buildings. The first moon was b...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erica F
Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you want to go to the Caribbean and spend your time fighting for a few beach chairs, see and be enveloped by drunks, not being able to have a moments peace because of how the pools and condos are set up then be surprised that guests are allowed to go into the ocean with glass bottles (that are not quite cleaned up in the morning and I picked up some on my early morning walk) then this is the place for you.
What's sad is that the staff is wonderful and very helpful and they try hard to make your stay as positive as possible.
The food was good which is hard to find in the Caribbean anywhere.
Those "luxury" condominiums are not all what we would consider luxury. At least not the one where we stayed in the older area. Rust on W/D, water pressure low, closet doors off their runs.
We met some of the owners and they are lovely folks but stay away from the guy who runs the rentals/sales team.
The gym is a joke too.

Room Tip: There are no tips as to which is a good room because all the terraces and balconies face the very cr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank zaphod2000
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Bahamas Beach Club is the most upscale lodging at Treasure Cay (key). The complex contains 80 2 BR/2 Bath to 4 BR/3 Bath condos in two story buildings all ocean front. All are relatively new with one-half built in 2002 and the rest in 2007. Most condos are 1650 sf with the end 4/3 units being 2250 sf. We stayed in a 4/3 unit with a large kitchen and relatively small bedrooms and bathrooms. The fourth bedroom was den size and would serve small children. Washer/dryer in unit. There is an outdoor restaurant on site; two swimming pools, two hot tubs; and nicely landscaped grounds. The property is maintained to a high standard for tropical regions. Many units are rented by BBC office with standard rates and other units are rented directly by owners on VRBO. BBC is several blocks from the center of the village so a golf cart rental ($40/day or $35/day for a week) is essential.

The reason to stay at BBC is Treasure Beach in front of the property. We have traveled all over the world and this was the nicest beach we have ever visited. Soft white powdery sand for 3 1/2 miles on a picturesque crescent. Virtually no rocks on beach or in water. The water is turquoise and perfectly clear with a soft powdery bottom. We stayed on the Xmas holiday and maybe saw 50 people as far as the eye could see. BBC has about 15 beach umbrellas and 30 beach loungers, but one was available at all times.

No place is perfect so will list our issues about Treasure Cay, not BBC. Treasure Cay is a planned development about 25 miles north of Marsh Harbor, the main town on Great Abaco (pronounced AAbaco, emphasis on first syllable). Travel time is a long 45 minutes. Taxi rates are set by the government and MH to TC is $80 plus tip. There are no national rental car companies and rental cars are $80-90/day. At TC there is no town, simply one building with several services (small grocery, liquor store, bank (ATM, but only open two days), golf cart rentals, etc). TC has very limited dining options (surprising for an area several hundred private vacation homes and several hundred condo units). In the village there is one outdoor restaurant (Coco's Beach Bar) and one indoor restaurant (Spinnakers) with poor service and overpriced food. Tipsy's is an outdoor bar which only serves food one night a week (Thursday pizza night). BBC has its own outdoor restaurant which is open only on a limited basis. Outside the village there are three additional restaurants (quite a distance by golf cart) Treasure Sands (quite upscale), Touch of Class (not really) and Burners (local outdoor Bahamian). In sum, we found dining choices extremely limited for a 10 day stay, let alone for retirees who spend a month here.
Although there is an airport at Treasure Cay (5 miles away), most airlines have discontinued service there (currently only 1-2 flights daily to Ft. Lauderdale) requiring flying into Marsh Harbor. It is a necessity to stop in Marsh at Maxwell's supermarket to stock up groceries for a stay at TC, yet logistics are difficult if taking a taxi from the airport to TC. A RT back from TC to Marsh for groceries cost either $200+ for a taxi or a one day rental car in TC from Cornish Rental for $75 plus $25 gas. These logistical issues make planning for a stay at TC a must.

Room Tip: 1st floor units have walk out patio door to beach, but views may be obstructed by community building...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Travelmore057
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I came here last September and enjoyed it so much we came back this September. At this time of year a lot of businesses there are closed for a month or two, but that doesn't bother us. There are still enough choices to fill up a week or 10 days. The condos are very nice beach front condos, 2 swimming pools, 2 hot tubs. Pool restaurant and bar. Pavilion restaurant on beach. This is a hidden gem. Perfect white sand beaches and blue ocean water. Love this place and we have visited many.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed August 20, 2013

What a surprise! Just spent 3 days at BBC with a dozen co-workers and their family and Wow, was it a beautiful 3 days! We rented two of the larger condos, a 3 bed/3 bath and 4 bed/3 bath. Both were very large and accommodating to our group. Large living room, large kitchen, washer & dryer, incredible view of the crystal, blue waters . . . it was a true paradise. The staff were all very inviting and friendly and catered to our every request. The owner, Craig Roberts was everywhere and would constantly visit to make sure our stay was 100% to our expectations. He even offered the staff to clean and cook our fresh catch each day! Thanks Rudy! My wife and I flew into Marsh Harbour from Miami. The Marsh Harbour airport is very small, but efficient. The cab ride to BBC takes a good 40 mins, and kudos to our driver, Greg Gomez. He not only told us about the Island, but scheduled to take us back to the airport when we left and was very prompt. Check-in is very quick and everything is within walking distance or a quick golf cart ride. Golf carts can be rented during your stay. There's a grill on site that provides awesome lunch and dinner selections, or you can shop at the nearby store and cook in your own kitchen. What's not to love here . . . just steps from an amazing beach with clear-blue water and soft, sugary sand!!! Just say 'ahhhhhh'! A very nice surprise on Treasure Cay . . . we would definitely be back . . . just the two of us :)!

Room Tip: There's really not a bad room here. All have amazing beach views and just steps to the pool and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank biffmeister23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Cay
The Abaco Club
The Abaco Club
#2 of 6 in Marsh Harbour
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marina
Bluff House Beach Resort & Marin...
#1 of 2 in Green Turtle Cay
Oceanfrontier Hideaway
#2 of 5 in Great Guana Cay
Treasure Cay Beach, Marina & Golf Resort
Abaco Beach Resort and Boat Harbour Marina

Been to Bahama Beach Club? Share your experiences!