All reviewsinfinity poolthe cliffiguanasoceanbeach
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I spent one night here last week. As some other reviews note the facility is in need of an update. The room was average at best. The main feature of the resort is the view from the small patio and room. The resort is quiet with good security.
The overall service was good. The food was good (dinner and breakfast).
The black sand beach area is downhill from the resort. The facilities at the beach are minimal. We don't plan to return and believe there are other better locations especially considering the cost.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dive448
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had a unit just below the bar/restraurant area ....great views, very nice private pool. The large pools were closed because it was off season but we were told that when we called to confirm our reservations. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The room was wonderful, the air worked, the water was hot and the beds were comfortable. It is a lil ways out but worth the drive, about 10 min at the most from the town beach bars. The beach their is really good and not crowded with a private bar on the beach. The walk up the hill was a lil much for my wife but the resort provided a shuttle from the room to the beach and back when requested, so no problem and a nice service. Very nice place, had no problems of any kind.

Room Tip: request a room up by the bar/restaurant if u dont wont to walk up the hill. Or a lower room if you dont mind the walk or dont eat breakfast, they are closer to the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A bit out of the way, but you cannot beat this view anywhere in the world! Majestic Pacific Ocean w mountainous backgrounds, occasional boats passing is just hypnotizing. One of the most relaxing and romantic places we have ever traveled! The rooms are accommodating, charming and clean, very nice ! Staff is very helpful, and they speak English well. Dining is above average food, great brunch! Location is a bit up the hill from charming little village of El Coca which is a lovely alternative 'out of the resort' area for local shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Room on far S. is most private and romantic !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank a l
Reviewed October 8, 2013

So there ate two perimeter fences and a guy who calls you in at the second one. It's oceanfront but you are high on a hill- there is a big pool but no water in it- so you use a crowded smaller pool- the hot and cold in the shower does not regulate properly so its cold- they say a buffet breakfast and I get a plate- to bread no tortilla- they say its a tica breakfast- part of a tica breakfast- I need a ride- the resort guy wants to take me down the coast in a large van - I say too much money- so he picks me up in a small taxi- he is perturbed and does not carry my SUITCASE. It's isolated and safe but too far to walk to town

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank surferboyVA
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I planned a two week vacation at the Ocotal Beach Resort. Mardigi Tours located in the lobby made it such a good time we decided to extend our vacation another week. Mardigi Tours gave us a variety of options everyday at a really good price compared to other tour guides. The owner Marvin assigned Mark as our guide it was like going everywhere with a buddy. We took multiple excursions up rivers, jungles, beaches and even to Nicaragua.We had one of the duplex units with a step out the back door had our pool right there and few more steps led to the path to the beach. What a life.We did this last spring and are going back this fall for an extended visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple