All reviewsinfinity poolthe cliffiguanasoceanbeach
Reviewed July 13, 2013

although the property was a little outdated,kosher expeditions did a great job in the passover program in 2011..i read the bad reviews but there is always a couple of disgruntled guests..my family had a great time and would recommend kosher expeditions as well as well as other guests that we met there would..they have now switched to a different location and we plan to join them for passover 2014.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here in Febuary. Booked through Hotels.com and they overcharged me for the room due to my mistake or theirs. I happened to meet the owner of the resort and in conversation mention what happened. He was apolegetic,even though it was not his fault, and offered me the next nights stay at a very good price. He did say he was upgrading many things in the resort.
The room we stayed in was plain but clean and did the job. The view from our patio was just fantastic, looking out at the ocean from a few hundred feet above it. The view from the infinity pool was breathtaking.We ate breakfast on both days, which came with the price of room, and it was good. Service was A1 and friendly.
The resort is built on a steep incline so anyone who has problems with walking could have a hard time going up and down to the beach. There is a van which will take you back and forth from the beach and the town which is a few miles away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitcheneral
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am finally getting around to writing this review after staying at Ocotal in October 2012.
As you can read from many other reviews, this property is in need of some serious repair. Much of the property is outdated and there were several things which were just not functioning.
However, I always think it is important to keep everything in perspective. For the price I paid, I thought it was an excellent location and value, and didn't expect everything to be perfect. Additionally, as it was October, I knew it was not yet the high season so I didn't expect everything to be up and perfect in the off-season.
The location is a quick trip from Liberia airport and it is super easy to arrange cabs to Coco Beach, which we did almost every night. I liked being near everything, but also away from it all. There were multiple pools, plus the beach and seeing as how I wanted to just relax for vacation this was perfect.
We did a few excursions, which were super easy to arrange and they were such a good time.

I would definitely go back to Ocotal, and the area in general, and am considering it in the very near future. I think anyone who has major complaints about the rooms and wi-fi should perhaps look for a new hotel that is near the airport or wherever. You don't go here to sit in your room on the computer. It's absolutely stunning outside.
Oh and the staff are amazing! So friendly and willing to help with anything!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NEWise
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay! I was just there about 2 weeks ago and it was amazing. The views are beautiful! The service was great, the resort and beach was clean and the food was good. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank CeeBee_one
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Once a great resort, the Ocotal hotel appears to be dying.  It is hard to believe that the only resort on the beautiful Ocotal beach has let go like this.  Maintenance of the facilities is not even corrective: things have been breaking here (pools, pool showers, outdoor lights, jacuzzis) and left unrepaired.  There is a constant sewer-like smell near the restaurant. The breakfast buffet, although waited by incredibly nice people, lacks quality and variety.  The room's white towels were brownish.  Management stopped caring ... what a shame.  Great beach, dying hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family