Ocotal Beach Resort
Hotel Villa Casa Blanca(Playa Ocotal)(Great Value!)
$70
$40
Hotel Coco Palms(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
$102
TripAdvisor
Hotel Coco Beach & Casino(Playas del Coco)
$81
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Puerta del Sol(Playas del Coco)(Great Value!)
$120
$97
Travelocity
Bahia Pez Vela Resort(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Marina Loft Apart-Hotel(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Savannah(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Chantel Suites(Playas del Coco)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Riu Guanacaste(Playa Matapalo)
All reviewsinfinity poolthe cliffiguanasoceanbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2012

i would like to compliment the staff and the owner of ocotal beach resort. my husband and i spent 8 wonderful days there. the breakfasts are delicious and the service was fabulous. the pools and hots tubs were sparkling clean. i can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We moved to this hotel after a bad experience in annother resort. The staff was brilliant the views were the BEST in the area (ask for rooms 400-4010). We had an infinity pool infront of our room, almost exclusive. They have an in house diving PADI shop and they took us to amazing diving locations. Food was good and staff absolutely brilliant. Best diving in Costa Rica so far. we have already booked to go back in a month.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2012

What a picturesque place! This was the first stop of a few week trip. When I made reservations, I was hoping the location was all that the pictures made it seem.....boy was it! The family was sufficiently impressed with the grounds, view, and rooms. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Msaprilx
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed with my girlfriend at the Ocotal Beach Resort in April of 2011 (this is a belated review...). What a disappointment. The area is fine, with great sunset views, a pleasant beach and -- by far the highlight -- two good restaurants nearby: one on the beach (Father Roosters) and one at the resort just past Ocotal (Picante Restaurant & Bar). at both, the food was excellent and service first-rate. Quite the contrast with the hotel, sadly...

Our visit was bad from minute one. We had asked and beem promised a room in the block with the best views of the sea and sunset (400 block I think, but can't remember). We didn't get it, and were told that those rooms were out of use. Oddly though there were other guests in them. We were also paying high season prices - it was the last week of benign season - but many of the hotel's facilities were shut down, including the pool with a bar, which had been a major factor in us selecting this hotel. The room we got was shabby at best, the air conditioning barely functional, protection against mosquitoes utterly non-functional, and at certain times of the day the smells from the bathroom drainage were not exactly ideal.

I'm not a complainer by nature and am far from high maintenance, but the broken promises on the room and the high-season pricing but low-season services drove me to at least seek out management. Staff person after staff person hid behind the "I'll have to speak to my manager and he/she isn't here today". Unsurprisingly these managers were never around. I was promised that something would be done about the pricing and to raise it again with the management when checking out. Surprise surprise, when checking out there was no manager to be found and none of our questions were ever answered.

On the plus side, the breakfast was ok and most of the staff quite friendly. I would never go back and could never recommend it to anyone other than backpackers looking for somewhere slightly nicer than a youth hostel for a few days at the beach.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MattStevensUK
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Hotel is on the top of a hill. surrounded by trees & ocean views.We stayed in the honeymoon suite which had a stunning panoramic view. We also stayed in a bungalow which had 2 huge beds & shared plunge pool, which we preferrd. We went in August which was out of season so we had the pool to ourselves,nice & very quiet.Food was very nice,however watchout as animals will steel it if your not looking.Stunning views,nice staff. massage & facials available.Dive school good too.Beach is a 2 minute walk down the hill.Very little to do here but relax. Fantastic Mexican restaraunt on the beach. When I return to Costa Rica I will stay here again.You can get fantastic thunderstorms in August but they last a short time & didnt spoil the holiday Another Great hotel well worth a visit

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was ok, fantastic view.It did have a jacuzzi bath but was rather smelly/dirty bungalow is much bigger with drop pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank hellen73
Pat P, General Manager at Ocotal Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Family. After having carefully read your review on our beach resort I really cannot find the right words to Thank You so much for such beautiful and encouraging comments. We really appreciate your idea of returning to our resort on your next trip to Costa Rica and we will be honored to have you as one of our VIP guests.
Again Thank You so much!