“Amazing”

Sabores Del Paraiso
Cuisines: American, Asian, Hawaiian, Central American
Description: Full-service private chef will come to your home anywhere from La Cruz to the Papagayo Peninsula. Enjoy a fresh and delicious home dining experience that rivals any five star hotel cuisine ... all in the comfort of your home. Relax and let us take care of creating gourmet meals using fresh, local ingredients. We tailor meals based on your dietary needs and preferences. Menus range from local seafood to fusion cuisine to Costa Rican specialties. Native English speaker.
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have been to Costa Rica twice now, both wonderful trips that exceeded my expectations. For those that haven’t been, there is not exactly a distinctive “Tico Cuisine”. Fried plantains, dirty rice, chicken and fruit were the staples of my first trip. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but didn’t come back talking about the food. This time around I had the pleasure of dinning with Sabores Del Paraiso. Donna and Marta are exceptional women that bring five star dinning into your home.

Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a backyard bbq. There is an extensive menu that features wonderful fusion cuisine and their spin on local favorites. The five course menu can be tailored to meet your needs and your appetite. She is exceptional in her ability to adjust the recipe around dietary restrictions.

I would strongly recommend using her service while visiting the North Coast. Their Value, Experience and Comfort are superior to fancy restaurants at the Four Season.
Enjoy!

Donna H, Owner at Sabores Del Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

I wanted to thank Caleb for such a gracious complement. It was our pleasure to cook for you and the rest of the gang.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

My family spent a week in Costa Rica, and Martha and Donna played a huge role in making the vacation as terrific as it was. I live in New York, and the food they prepared was on par with restaurant meals you'd get here. They have a diverse menu that includes options that showcase Costa Rican food (though I must say that the Costa Rican cuisine that Martha and Donna cooked was much BETTER than anything we sampled at local restaurants) as well as everything from steak to Asian fusion to sea bass grilled on a cedar plank.
The desserts were amazing, and the salads were delicious, too. We ate out a good number of times when we were in Costa Rica and everything paled in comparison to Donna and Martha!
I must say the nicest part about having them in the home that we rented was that we didn't have to deal with the trouble of going out. It's rare for us to spend time together as a family, and eating in the comfort our home allowed us to relax and spend more quality time together than we might have if we all had to pile in the car and haul ourselves to some restaurant where the service might be unreliable and you have to worry about who's going to abstain from drinking so that you can make it home safely on the dark Costa Rican roads!
Martha and Donna are really lovely people, so they provided a nice complement to our family. They were a wonderful presence and made our vacation memorable and delicious.
Highly recommended--whether you are visiting with your family or a group of friends, they take the stress out of thinking about what and where to eat for dinner and provide some of the most flavorful, memorable food you will ever have in your life!!!

Martha and I would like to thank Sharon and her friends for having us, it was such a pleasure to cook for them. They were able to really enjoy themselves and relax in the comfort of their home away from home.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Having a meal prepared by Donna and Martha was truly a delight. Not only was the food fresh and delicious, but the two women are wonderful to be around. They prepared special meals each night and catered to any food allergies. Half of our group was lactose intolerant, while half weren't so Donna and Martha prepared food so that both parties could enjoy. We had such a great experience and would recommend Sabores del Paraiso to anyone traveling to Costa Rica.

It was our pleasure to cook for you and your family! I love my job when I know that I have made your taste buds explode with delight! Thank you

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Donna is truly a talent. Not only did we have amazing food, both locally sourced and an internationally inspired cuisine, but also menus catered to very diverse needs and preferences (chicken and fish only, meat eaters and lactose intolerant).

In addition, she creates an environment that is warm and joyfully spirited. She genuinely loves what she does and it comes through in her careful preparation and the gourmet quality food.

Thank you Scott for such an amazing review! It was our pleasure to cook and surprise you and your family.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Donna runs an amazing operation, tailoring her menus to her clients, and providing both locally sourced and internationally inspired cuisine. We had the pleasure of having our breakfasts and dinners prepared by Donna and Marta for a week while we visited Costa Rica, and there wasn't a single meal I didn't love. Combine that with the absolute JOY they brought to every meal, and it added up to one of the best weeks of food and friends ever! I can hardly wait till August, when we'll be doing it all again!

Thank you Mike for your beautiful review! Martha and I have become so attached to Mike and the group that accompanied him on this trip. It was like cooking for my family, making sure that everyone was happy and pleased with their food, was priority. I can't wait for your return!