“Amazing Staff & Facilities!”
Review of Rocket Frog Divers

Rocket Frog Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Dive With The Best In Costa Rica!!! Rocket Frog Divers utilizes 3 purpose built dive boats. The Pacific Express is unlike any other in the area. It features two 250HP V6 Yamaha 4 Stroke engines that allow us to visit our dive sites in a fraction of the time that it takes other dive companies. This proves especially worthwhile when you consider that some of the more popular dive sites in the region, the Bat Islands (Isle Murcileago) and the Catalinas Islands are several hour trips with other operators. The Pacific Express can make the voyage to the Catalinas in less than half an hour. The “Tiburon” or the shark is another purpose built dive shop build for small groups. This dive vessel is perfect for exploring local dive sites in the Gulf de Papagayo with a very small group. The Devil Ray is a catamaran style dive vessel which we acquired in 2015. It is a catamaran style vessel which offers a lot of room and comfort for our divers and also offers an upper level sun deck for surface intervals and for the voyage to and from the dive sites. Another point that separates us from most dive shops in Costa Rica is that you will have a member of our senior staff diving on the boat with you every day. This ensures that you are getting the best possible service possible. Our owners care about the experience their customers have and will work their hardest to ensure you have the best possible service on your dive trip.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My dad and I (60s and 20s) get to go diving about once a year or so, and we've been to a number of dive shops in different countries, (we've gone to Costa Rica twice before, but it was about 10 years ago, way before either of us were even certified) and Rocket Frog Divers has the best staff and service I have experienced as a tourist.

The dive shop is close by to Father Rooster, and is one of the nicest I've seen. It's not huge, but well-organized and an open, friendly environment. Their equipment is very organized, and their boats are up to date and allow for both smaller and larger groups. (Our group was only about 3 people).

Rocket Frog offers a wide variety of dive spots, both local and to the Catalinas/Bats, depending on weather, experience, and just where you would like to go. While I could go on and on about the actual diving, (which was great!) what really makes this a must is their staff and their dedication to great service. Everyone was very friendly, personable, knowledgable, and really went out of their way to make our trip so memorable. We felt like we really got to know the staff well, even as tourists just there for a few days.

Rocket Frog is only about 2 years old, but I would not be surprised if a few years down the road, word-of-mouth spreads, and they become even more prominent in Ocotal. They really deserve it, and I hope I can come visit again!

4  Thank Katherine1721

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Awesome dives and personable crew, Rocket Frog is organized and knowledgable. Will definitely visit again!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Once again Rocket Frog delivered high quality and personable service. This was my 5th trip diving with them and I'm looking forward to many more.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I don't get to dive but twice a year, so a good experience is a must. I actually chose Rocket Frog because I liked the name, so I didn't really know what to expect. From my first email contact with Michael until I said good bye to Nerie, I found everyone at Rocket Frog to be friendly, patient, knowledgeable and very competent. I did 4 dives in two days and, thanks to good divemasters and instructors, I saw a lot of scenery and aquatic life I would have missed without their help. Special thanks to Concho and Scott. Best of all, I heard whales singing, a first! I was staying on the north side of Coco and Rocket Frog picked me up and dropped me off at my door. That says it all about their high level of customer service. Equipment was fairly new and very well maintained. The pineapple slices between dives were so sweet my teeth tingled. I hope to go back soon for some more bubbles and I heartily recommend Rocket Frog when in the Guanacaste area.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We visited Costa Rica for the first time and chose Rocket Frog Divers for our dive operation. Having dove in many places (Pacific and Caribbean) and with over 500 dives, we can confidently say that this operation is one of the best we have experienced.
The owners - Mike and Nereida - spent over a year researching dive operations and creating one that they felt addressed the needs of their customer divers in a professional, friendly and safe way. They have more than achieved this goal.
You will be welcomed as family upon arriving. The staff has a wonderful sense of team spirit and will go out of their way to engage you in conversation, find out your needs, check in with you after the dives. They have a keen and diplomatic eye to seeing that all the gear is on properly.
Between dives, you will be offered endless bottles of water, fresh pineapple slices, and an assortment of cookies and crackers.
Underwater, the DMs excel at finding all kinds of sealife. Nereida is trained as a marine biologist and can answer any questions. Concho and Lara can pick out a nudibranch from meters away!
Captain Ping, who never seems to take a day off, expertly guides the boat for the smoothest and quickest ride -- this is the fastest boat in the area and can get you to Bat Island and Catalina quicker than any other operation. Upon surfacing, Ping is never far off - can spy bubbles from a distance and perfectly align the boat for exiting divers.
We saw all types of sealife - manta rays, bull sharks, white tip reef sharks, seastars, colorful urchins, nudibranches and schools upon schools of fish so thick that they resembled a tornado funnel.
If you have the opportunity, do dive on this Pacific coast with Rocket Frog.
We stayed at Villas Sol and Rocket Frog picked us up every day for our dives.
Thanks also to Bill Beard who was responsible for guiding us through the options for our trip and recommending where to stay and with whom to dive.
Harriet DiCicco