“awesome diving, guides, and service.”
Review of Rocket Frog Divers

Rocket Frog Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Dive With The Best In Costa Rica!!! Rocket Frog Divers utilizes 3 purpose built dive boats. The Pacific Express is unlike any other in the area. It features two 250HP V6 Yamaha 4 Stroke engines that allow us to visit our dive sites in a fraction of the time that it takes other dive companies. This proves especially worthwhile when you consider that some of the more popular dive sites in the region, the Bat Islands (Isle Murcileago) and the Catalinas Islands are several hour trips with other operators. The Pacific Express can make the voyage to the Catalinas in less than half an hour. The “Tiburon” or the shark is another purpose built dive shop build for small groups. This dive vessel is perfect for exploring local dive sites in the Gulf de Papagayo with a very small group. The Devil Ray is a catamaran style dive vessel which we acquired in 2015. It is a catamaran style vessel which offers a lot of room and comfort for our divers and also offers an upper level sun deck for surface intervals and for the voyage to and from the dive sites. Another point that separates us from most dive shops in Costa Rica is that you will have a member of our senior staff diving on the boat with you every day. This ensures that you are getting the best possible service possible. Our owners care about the experience their customers have and will work their hardest to ensure you have the best possible service on your dive trip.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We dove 2 days including the bat islands. The marine life was awesome. We saw everything from sharks to eagle rays, lots of big eels and octopus. The guides were all very polite and extremely informative. The boats are top of the line. Full fresh pineapple and watermelons in between dives. the ride to the bat islands islands cut in half compared to other shops. Small family shop that is doing everything right. Small groups and no cattle herding How often can you pick the mind of a marine biologist major... no need to look anywhere else. These guys are the best.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I had the great pleasure of diving with Rocket Frog divers on July 22, 23 and 24. The boat is fast, clean and comfortable. Mike and Nere and the entire staff do everything they can to make your dives enjoyable and fun. Mike explains what we might see, where we will be diving, and I love that he "plans the dive and then dives the plan"! Mike and his crew take care of everything, setting up gear, changing out tanks, rinsing gear so it is fresh, clean and dry for the next dive day. We saw lots of schooling fish, many, many spotted Eagle Rays, White Tip Reef Sharks, Octopus, Frog Fish and so much more. Also, Mike pays attention to all his divers. He has enough staff for all divers so no one feels crowded while diving. He doesn't cut your dive short because other divers are low on air. I would highly recommend Rocket Frog to all divers. Nere came by our hotel everyday to pick us up and drop us off. Great Service!! My husband and I hope to dive with Rocket Frog Divers again soon.

2  Thank Ediver
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

On todays dives we encountered 5 bull sharks, a school of hundreds of eagle rays, devil rays, huge schools of fish, morey eels, and countless marine life in pristine and precious conditions. Te dive operation is great, the staff well prepared and always looking over they're clients, the Zodiak is a great dive vessel... I can only tell you that in this region I will keep on diving with rocket frog each time I can! Loved it and 100% recommend it !

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I ended up being the only diver one day last week at the neighboring dive operation. They knew that I had tried all week to get four divers together to go the Bat Islands and try to see bull sharks, so they hooked me up with Rocket Frog and off we went! Not expecting to change dive ops, I'd shown up that morning without my wallet, but the folks at Rocket Frog didn't care and said that we could do the paperwork afterwards.

That was a clue as to the level of customer service I would enjoy.

I dove with DM/owners Flaco and Nere, both of whom were excellent and professional and super friendly. The boat briefing and safety briefings were the best I've seen in Costa Rica and their large boat is SO DAMNED FAST and very comfortable. The ride out to the Bat Islands, that other dive ops admit takes 2 1/2 - 3 hours, only took about 40 minutes.

We backrolled (my favorite entry method) into the water and quickly descended to the rocky bottom of "Big Scare" and, sure enough, some nine large, well-fed bull sharks swam around and between us the entire dive. They were massive and impressive, but only curious. No signs of aggression or interest in seeing us a possible food source. Even without the sharks, the dive would have been great. Two octopedes (the proper plural from the original Greek word octopus) fought it out right in front of me.

Once back on the boat for our surface interval, the DMT who was running the dives that day, gave us all a choice of whether we wanted to go back under there with the bull sharks or at another dive site. Everyone chose to return to "Big Scare" and the bulls. Not many dive ops put such matters up to a vote of the customers.

Overall, I was very impressed by the gear, boat and personnel of Rocket Frog. They are super friendly and super professional.

By the way, I have some 350 dives in my log book, from many parts of the world. I would put Rocket Frog up there with the very best of the dive operators that I have dove with.

I look forward to arranging for a return visit to Costa Rica. When I do return, I'll be booking all my dives with Flaco, Nere and company.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Number 1 choice for dive operators in Costa Rica. Micheal and nery were in constant communication with me months before the trip. Everything was well planned and organized. They were friendly, kind, and professional. I completed 3 speciality courses while I was there, all customized to my needs. Nery was a very knowledgable and patient instructor. All my gear was stored and washed between my days diving. Everything was set up for me, and even brought back to my hotel after the dives. My camera broke during the dives Singh even emailed me pictures! Fresh food on the boat between dives! Awesome wildlife to see! Tip... Local dives seem to be much better than Catalina this time of year. Bat Island great for bull sharks but not as clear and calm as local diving was. I highly recommend them and would definitely go to th again when I go back to Costa Rica!