“Highly Recomended!”

El Pilon
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Competa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are located in an old carpenters workshop, built into the rocks over 200 years ago. We prepare all food freshly and to order so if you are in for fast food, El Pilon will not suit your needs. We source as much of our food locally when possible. El Pilon is a relaxed kind of place where you can enjoy the views, a bottle of wine, and conversations with friends and family. We also have Wi Fi. If our service and food does not satisfy you please advise rus and we will always do our best to rectify any problem immediately.
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Been here before and had a fab time, so returned again on our recent trip to enjoy once again a lovely meal! Food was geourgeous and full of flavour! Service came with a smile and the waitress 'Lolly' was patient with us as we are still learning the Spanish language.

As the Sunday Lunch menu is different from the evening menu we decided to book for dinner the same night. Without a problem the booking was made with the special request of sitting on the terrace so we could see the sun set and take some amazing photographs of the beautiful panoramic views!
The Owners Tom and Ray recognised we had been in before a while ago and once again made the effort to say hello to us!

Thanks once more for a fab meal, service, atmosphere and experience of El Pilon! :-)

2  Thank BradlingtonMcCormack

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I revisited this lovely restaurant, the service, food and ambiance was top quality.
The staff polite and courteous. Owners welcoming and friendly.
A pleasure as always to dine, and often a party atmosphere towards the end of the night when the free shorts are served as you leave and guests are reluctant to go from the bar as the music is great, and the atmosphere a buzz.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I went as part of a group of eight. The restaurant had been pre-booked for us by our hotel. We were immediately made to feel welcome. The service was attentive and swift - very good. I had ordered a main course that included a tapenade. There was rather more garlic in the tapenade than I had expected and, since that can affect me adversely, I started to remove it (I should emphasise that I had not notified them of this preference beforehand). The waiter would have none of it and insisted on removing the dish to the kitchen where the tapenade was removed completely. When the dish was returned another dressing was offered, in a separate jug. The swordfish steak that I was eating was one of the best that I have ever had. I also ordered the bread pudding for dessert, since it was such an unexpected thing to find on a rural Spanish menu. It was absolutely delicious - again, probably the best that I have had.

As our meal was soon to end, we were told by the waiter that the taxi that we had ordered would be with us in about 15 minutes and were then offered complementary liqueurs whilst we waited.

I am at a loss to understand the unsatisfactory experiences that a relatively few other reviewers have noted. The service and food that were offered to us were fautless. Full marks!

2  Thank Skivacance
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just ate at El Pilon about an hour ago. Party of 3 adults, 2 children and a toddler. The childrens meals were a lovely size with very tasty chicken and a nice amount of fresh salad, prepared and served in a very grown up way.. Two ribeye steak dinners cooked to perfection with so much flavour one of our party said it was the best steak he had ever eaten and had to personally thank the chef. I had the pasta with chicken , chorizo and peas and it was delicious. Going to try making it at home. The total price of our meal was so reasonable. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere was warm. So glad we found the restaurant as this is our first visit to Competa, just dissappointed it was our last night as we would certainly have dined here every night if we had found the restaurant sooner. I watched as every meal was served around the top terrace where we sat and every dish looked so appealing.The only down side is the amount of steps to get to the restaurant, however this helps build an appetite to appreciate such wonderful food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We popped in for a meal at the start of our holiday and ended up going back every night. The food was exquisite, the service perfect, nothing was ever too much trouble. A must if you’re in Competa, not to mention the best sangria in Spain!!

Ray R, Owner at El Pilon, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thanks guys, great fun to enjoy your company