Lowest prices for your stay
$43
Free cancellation until 10/23/21
Priceline
$38
FindHotel
$32
Trip.com$42
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed at the Royal Hills for 3 weeks while working at the CRMA (Military Academy) 30 minutes away. The hotel is in not near anything, Nakhon Nayok is not a happening place.

The hotel is nice and clean. The rooms were large (by Asian standards) and had a balcony. There was only hot water was in the shower, this made shaving in the morning difficult for me. The drain on my shower did not drain quickly, the wireless internet was spotty and unreliable. The air conditioner in the room had a mind of its own, I woke up cold/warm several times through my stay. I lost power in my room a few times, it did not seem weather related. It was restored within 20 minutes of calling the front desk.

The spa staff was very accommodating and professional, a relief from Bangkok where they all want to give you an EXTRA SPECIAL treatment. I received several massages from Suparat, a charming young woman who enjoys her job and was a delight to work with. She was thorough and willing to stretch the massage out beyond the initial hour to ensure satisfaction.

The pool was clean and large, there were ants around several of the chairs but they did not bother me. I did not try any of the pool-side services so I can't speak to that.

The Jasmine Cafe had large menu that was affordable. At times they did not have certain items available. Large groups of people often caused confusion and resulted in food being delivered to the wrong person and paying the bill difficult. Had anyone in our party spoken Thai this would not have been an issue, I can't fault the hotel for me not speaking the language of their country. For breakfast they often had a buffet which was good, after 3 weeks I was ready for something else. It should be noted that depending on the occupancy of the hotel the location of breakfast may change without notification. I usually asked the front desk where breakfast was each morning.

I am not a golfer, so the golf aspect of the hotel did not interest me. The lack of hot water in the sink was a big deal for me, but not a deal breaker. I did not mind my stay at this hotel, the saving factor was the spa and the staff. I believe this resort is catered toward Thais, do not expect everyone to speak English and everything to be like “home,” it isn't home. All-in-all I had a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We had a rat in our room. The manager relocated us to a suite. No further dialogue regarding our rodent. There was rat droppings all over the room

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank AndySilverfox7
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The hills are nice. The area's lovely. The resort has a nice pool and the rooms are nice and comfortable. Many rooms have problems with their hot water devices however. Once mentioned to service staff near the rooms, they said many rooms had the same problem and we could call the front desk to take care of it. Since Thailand has a lot of problems with electrical devices, we decided not to mess with the water heater too much though we tried to "test" it by resetting. This didn't work. Others in our party in different rooms had the same problem. We took cold showers instead...This time of the year the water actually can be a bit cold. The balconies on the rooms were covered with bird waste which made sitting outside a bit problematic. They entertain a lot of groups at this resort which can make it quite noisy as well. Again, the area is beautiful. The food was decent though not too great. If you like to golf, this might be a good place for you. Make sure everything in your room works, and that your sink "bowl style" doesn't leak at the base. The beds in our bungalow-style house with four rooms were comfortable.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Jay9818
Reviewed December 17, 2011

fine hotel, not so good not so bad. Fine rooms bad beds. But other than that, great location

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2011

On the weekend of 3 & 4 December 2011, our golfing group (50+ players & families) spent a wonderful weekend at this resort. This is the 5th year running we have played our annual club championships here & every year the management & the staff get better & better. The location of the resort is great with views from the hotel and the swimming pool area out over the valley.

In the evening, we had 90+ people for our annual prize-giving presentations outdoors & the hotel excelled themselves with the buffet food & service, with comments from long time expat residents that "The buffet was one of the best I think we have had on an evening event".

If you are planning an event at this course, take the time to engage the management in your requirements, try not to nickel & dime them and they seem very willing to provide high quality services for good value.

We all stayed in the hotel & to my knowledge, no one had any complaints. The breakfast was served in the coffee shop & was typical Thai hotel fare, nothing extraordinary but suitable.

As a group, we will be back again next year.

Room tip: Standard rooms are twin beds but on request, I understand that they will put two singles together to make a 'double'. For the extra cost, suites are worth considering for the extra space you get.
Date of stay: December 2011