Meridian Resort Beachside
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewscommon roomlock up garagean ocean view apartmentgames roomfull kitchen and laundry facilitiesnice pool and spaclean unitbalcony watchingocean fronttable tennisground floorrecreation roomlocal clubsound of the wavesworked perfectlythree bedroom apartmentfamily weekend
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Our family made a booking for four nights in order to stay close by our family in old bar whilst dealing with a very sad event for everyone. We stayed at the resort for two nights and due to personal circumstances we did not need to stay at the resort for the remaining two nights. On checking out we were given no option but to pay the four nights in total. While we understand we were half an hour late to checkout and understand perhaps to be charged for the third night we did not expect to be charged for the fourth night. On asking why this was the case we were told it was the policy of the resort which was stated in the terms saying 'no refund on early checkout' and the resort would not be able to let the room out for these remaining nights. The manager told us we should have made them aware of what our situation was which we acknowledge this now but we didn't really know what it was, taking day by day as the situation required. The managers simply told us it was policy and nothing they could do for us and it was now in the system. We expressed our disappointment with their lack of understanding and our intention that we would be needing rooms later the next week for at least 15 people. Only then did the managers very hesitantly reply that they would be prepared to give us a credit for the fourth night on our return if we booked at least two nights with the resort later in the week. We were very shocked and unhappy about the treatment and lack of understanding we received from the managers at the resort and want everyone to be aware of the policy which seems to be in place in relation to making a booking and the actual use of the rooms and the obvious no cancellation policy of the resort!!!! A cancellation fee, fair enough but to be charged for a room that you are not using for two nights simply because it is policy is beyond comprehension!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Haley607
PaulOldBar, Manager at Meridian Resort Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Haley607. Without trying to be disrespectful to you, the situation you found yourself in is not uncommon. We have many people who stay here that do not know how long there stay will be. Like yourself, people come to stay with there loved ones in the knowledge that they will pass away but don't know just when. We have Barristers, Judges, Police Officers & others who come to stay because they are here for a court case & don't know what day it will finish. We have tradesman from out of town who come here to work not knowing when the job will be completed. All of these people tell us up front of there circumstances & don't want to be caught without accommodation. When we are told of circumstances upon making a booking, or even just on arrival, we without exception understand & work with it. Unfortunately you never told us anything. The first we new of it was when you came to the office to hand the key in. I'm very sorry but we can't run a business that way. If you unfortunately ever find yourself in a similer situation, no matter where you are can i suggest to you to just communicate with your accommodation provider & i am sure they will help you the best they can. Comminication is the key word.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My 77 year old mother and I attended the funeral of her dearest friend who lived in Old Bar. We booked the resort for two nights. We arrived late at night and the key was in the prearranged place. All good. The apartment had two rooms and Mother took one, me the the other. After the funeral we returned to the resort with my brother who was driving back to Gosford. On the stairs the manageress confronted us and asked us why we slept in the two rooms and used the two bathrooms! ( Apparently one was supposed to be locked off but as it had no lock on the door it couldnt be and we were supposed to know this and just not use it?)She then went on to say that a person with the some name as us had cancelled this night. (My younger brother was sick and couldn't make the funeral) and wasn't it the person walking up teh stairs that person and accused us sneaking my brother in for the night! All this after a sad and long day! We were humiliated shocked and embarrassed. My brother drove back to Sydney, without a cup of tea or a change of clothes. I went down to the office and expressed my outrage, to which the manager screamed "guilty" at me and slammed the door in my face. i wanted to go. We had paid for one night in advance but my mother was not well enough to travel and she decided she was going to stay no matter what! She rang the reception. Her call was answered by "if this is an apology I don"t accept" and a hang up.These people had concocted a story, been into the room, with no sign of housekeeping taking place and falsely accused and attacked us! Never stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Karen D
PaulOldBar, Manager at Meridian Resort Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hello Karen,
First of all please let me offer my condolences to you and your family for your recent loss. My name is Paul and along with my wife Jean we are the official managers of the Meridian Resort Beachside. We have just returned from holiday and have been informed of your displeasure with the Relief Managers that we employed to allow us to have a holiday. I can only offer my apologies to you for any embarrassment or anxiety caused to you by our fill in staff.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

For the second time, we stayed at the Meridian Resort Old Bar in an ocean front apartment. It was a two bedroom apartment with one of the bedrooms and bathroom closed off because we only required accommodation for the two of us. The apartment had everything we needed and was so very clean and comfortable. All we could see from the lounge was lovely landscaped garden and the Pacific Ocean as far as our eyes could see! Before we left we were farewelled by body-surfing dolphins. The position, whilst off the beaten track a bit, is ideal for easy one-day trips to neighbouring towns, villages and beautifully isolated coastal places. The team of Jean and Paul were so open to assisting with anything we needed yet really respected our privacy. We just LOVE Meridian and hope to be able to visit again next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SydneyAntoinette
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our apartment was huge, no view though which was unfortunate as the place hardly had anyone there. Clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, well appointed kitchen.

Management certainly were friendly and helpful, which is always a bonus. And as we had surfboards and bikes on the car, the lock up garage was terrific.

Loved Old Bar and will proably visit the town again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The complex is well laid out, great for families, pool, games room barbie etc. We had an upstairs apartment which was huge! very modern, lovely kitchen, spa bathroom & very big en-suite & walk in robe it was like a home away from home. From the balcony (which was big with outdoor furniture) you could view the beach and hear the waves crashing of a night. The manger was extremely helpful. You also have your own lock up garage. Would stay at the resort again, Old Bar is a great place to stop at via your travels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple