“Beautiful”

Taste at Old Bar
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Old Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a small family owned and operated restaurant. We make our own pizza bases, pasta, gnocchi and bread. We use local produce wherever possible. We endeavour to make your dining experience a pleasant personal one.
Old Bar, Australia
“Beautiful”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We have been meaning to get there to try out what others had described as a good restaurant, well it's better than good and what I class as quite inexpensive. My wife had steak in a white wine sauce topped with king prawns and it was cooked to the minute to the way she ordered it. I had seafood marinara and it was superb, almost stopping me in finishing it, it being so healthy in size, it was chocked full of seafood, we are certainly glad we got there eventually and now we will be more frequent diners.

Visited February 2014

Taree, Australia
“OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

The best seafood platter ever
So fresh oysters and crab
Yummy prawns and salad
The best succulent battered FRESH fish since the 1960's
If you havnt had enough there is more!
Calamari and mussels in spicy sauce plus yummy garlic pizza bread.
Then for the really hungry there is fries as well.
All in the wonderful seasode village of Old Bar

sydney
“Warm and welcoming”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

One of my favourite places to eat in the Manning. Laurie the chef and former winemaker, really loves to cook up a storm. The veal I had was so tender, you could cut it with a fork, and the home made pasta with blue cheese and pork belly was a lovely surprise - only the meat of the cured pork was used, and the hint of blue cheese gave it a wonderful depth of flavour.
Try to resist the deserts, or second thoughts just succumb to the Lemon cheesecake, Tiramisu, or Chocolate Ganash (aka death/heaven by chocolate)
Great for coffee or breakfast too. Geraldine is always welcoming and accommodating, and you are not rushed out for second sittings.
Getting popular, so recommend you book on weekends!

• Visited November 2013
Soldiers Point
“Best Pizza Ever”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went to Old Bar for the weekend and went to Taste restaurant
BYO so we took some Coronas
Ordered Garlic Pizza Bread and oysters for entree
They make their own pizza bases and you can really taste the different
I then ordered a pizza for main meal and my wife have pasta marinara
Best pizza and the coronas weren't bad either

• Visited August 2013
Tallwoods
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good coffee”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm a fussy coffee drinker and only ever have a double shot long black, no sugar. The Lavazza coffee I had today at Taste was really good, The amount of coffee matched the large cup exactly. I'll be back with friends for lunch and coffee next week.

• Visited August 2013