Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM, 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM

Ways to Experience France Montgolfieres
from $227.43
More Info
All reviews loire valley bucket list balloon flight my wife and i an amazing experience french countryside hot air balloon evening flight toast recommend it to anyone pilot landing company basket champagne france thierry
Selected filters
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Unfortunately, two hot air balloon rides that I booked were canceled due to afternoon breezes, but the company was communicative (in two languages) and easy to work with. I was disappointed, true, but I will try again during my next visit to Bourgogne, and definitely will try to go with France Montgolfieres. Very good service, just some bad luck.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took the balloon flight around the Loire Valley... I have no words to describe how amazing it was. I knew it would be great but the experience exceed my expectations.
For those of you who would love to try it but are afraid, let me tell you that there's nothing to be afraid of. The balloon is very stable and the passengers' basket is soooo gentle!
Moreover, Thierry the pilot is wonderful.
After landing, we made a toast and shared a nice conversation.
I absolutely recommend France Montgolfières.
Thanks guys! Thank you Thierry!

Date of experience: September 2018
France M, Responsable relations publiques at France Montgolfieres, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are very pleased you enjoyed the flight this much!

Maybe we'll see you some other day on board our balloons ;)

Kind regards,
The French Hot Air Balloon Company

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I flew out of Veselay and it was an absolutely amazing way to see the French country side.
We originally booked for an evening flight but it was too windy so we were fortunate enough to get on the next morning.
Carlos our pilot and his two assistants were just great with some fun laughs along the way.
Champagne finish in a farmers field just capped of what was a great thrill.

Date of experience: September 2018
France M, Responsable relations publiques at France Montgolfieres, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience !
We will make sure Carlos and his crew read your comment.

Mabe we'll see you again on board our baskets if you come back to France!

Kind regards,
France Montgolfières Team

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Got to experience a hot air balloon flight as a gift for a significant birthday. What an amazing experience! The team is really pleasant and offered us bubbly and cake on landing. We had a lovely view over Chenonceau château at sunrise. Would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a different experience. One ticked off the bucket list!

Date of experience: August 2018
France M, Responsable relations publiques at France Montgolfieres, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hi there!

Thanks so much for your comment. We're really pleased your flight went so well and fulfilled all your expectations! We hope to see you again on board one of our flights!

Have a great day,

The French Hot-Air Ballooning Company

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Wow what can I say! I always dreamed of flying in a hot air balloon and we did it for the first time in France on our honeymoon! It couldn’t get more romantic. The balloon was huge! Held about 10 of us. The ride was smooth and tranquil. Staff is educated and informative with what they are doing. They gave us a glass of champagne after as tradition after your first hot air balloon ride. The staff also picked us up from chateau fountain bleu. They then dropped us off at the train station after the ride. They were so friendly and great.

Date of experience: September 2017
France M, Responsable relations clients at France Montgolfieres, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
We are glad it peased you, and happy you had a great honeymoon.
We will inform the pilot and his staff.

Kind regards, see you soon!
Team of France Montgolfières

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I splurged on a surprise for my husband during a trip to Burgundy and Provence, selecting the hot air balloon flight leaving from Beaune so we could see the vineyards from the air. What a treat it was! The views were amazing and the crew absolutely top-notch. Both our pilot Frederic and his assistant Antoine spoke English perfectly (I speak some French but my husband doesn't, so this was appreciated) - Antoine with an Aussie accent from his time in New Zealand - and they made the flight delightful. There were 11 in our party and we fit into the balloon basket with room to spare. After landing, we all helped to fold away the balloon, which was fun and invigorating, and shared a champagne toast afterward. Two notes: even though I tend to be uneasy with heights, the balloon flight was completely comfortable - so still and serene, you felt like you were standing on secure ground. And the administrative staff were delightful as well - from the moment I bought the tickets to the day before the flight, they were kind and communicated well with me, so I was never in doubt of our flight's status. When our original flight wasn't able to take off, they contacted us well ahead of time and helped us pick another time and date that ended up working out even better.

Date of experience: September 2017
France M, Responsable relations clients at France Montgolfieres, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for all these compliments which go straight to the heart to us.

Best regards